It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mac Tweeted
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

spmack wrote:
Quote:
Dan McNeil ‏@DanMcNeil670 4m
Off for showtime with the suits. Always worth the price of admission.

So it's safe to assume this means he's meeting with Zimmerman and Mitch today. Might be about his return. Might be about a "buy out". Might also be about rights to Finfer.

Finfer: I'm not Mac's slave, you idiots. Mac does not own me!!!!

Mac: Yes I do.

Finfer: :oops: Yes, sir.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:26 pm 

Quote:
Dan McNeil ‏@DanMcNeil670 4m
crossing t's and dotting i's.... almost complete on the eastern seaboard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
SirTinkleButton wrote:
Chus wrote:
spmack wrote:
Did anyone catch Chus vs Herb Laurence on Twitter.

It started as Me vs. Zawaski. Herb inserted himself into the situation. Neither of them are very bright.

I'm really surprised one of the producers didn't use the "Don't you know how to read?" line. Whenever there is an argument or debate and they are wrong (which is 90% of the time) it's their go-to tweet. Drinky uses it everyday...go figure.

It started with JZ asking why Pat Foley was in a bad mood. I said that he was distraught over Mac going to ESPN. We then had a back and forth, where he got increasingly more smug and dismissive, with each tweet. He laughed at my suggestion that Mac was headed to ESPN, by saying that Mac is under contract until June. He doesn't seem to understand that contract buyouts can be negotiated, or maybe he just waits until June. He was getting pummeled, and when he finally had enough, he said, "Yeah, you're right. You have all the answers. What do I know, I've only produced his show for four years."

What a little bitch, and he is about as sharp as a marble.

Now, Herb jumps in, calling me "Mr. anonymous tweeter", becoming even more smug, arrogant, and dismissive than JZ. When I laughed at how smug the producers were acting, he tried to pretend that he didn't know what "smug" meant, and asked if I could provide him a definition of the word. So, I did. At this point, he must have realized how stupid he sounded, and he backed down. It was very bizarre. It was almost like he was doing a Bernstein bit, just without as much sense as Bernstein.

Another dim bulb, but probably smarter than JZ. I think he was trying to be funny, but failed miserably.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Last edited by Chus on Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:27 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
I don't want the ESPN/CBS domination. I want a third option!

like infinity radio?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:28 pm 

6 guests are reading this right now. Those sissies from the station have to know everything that is said about them. It's pathetic.

edit - 9 guests

<º)))><

Last edited by Chus on Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:31 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
If ESPN 1000 put North on in afternoons, he would beat B&B in the ratings...and every single CSFMB member would be tuned in.

Nort would get destroyed by B&B.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

I agree. Score producers are not the brightest bulbs or sharpest knives.

Mac might not be going to ESPN 1000. Could have just been coffee with an old friend. But Zawawski should be smart enough to know that Mac isn't going to inform him of any meeting that he might be having with ESPN 1000. Nor would a lowley producer be aware of any potential buy out between Zim and Mac. So his "I"ve worked on this show for 4 years" doesn't mean anything.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Hatchetman wrote:
I said this a llllllooooonnnnngggggg time ago, but I think a major part of this whole thing is Mac not wanting to work with Meatpants. He wanted to bring in Jurko and/or Harry and CBS wouldn't let him. But Mac isn't going to flat out break bad on Speigel knowing he has a little kid and.

Why wouldn't he want to work with Speigel? Didn't Mac pick him? Any talk about him going with Mac?

Beardown wrote:

So it's safe to assume this means he's meeting with Zimmerman and Mitch today. Might be about his return. Might be about a "buy out". Might also be about rights to Finfer.

I wonder if finfer gets tired of this.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
Beardown wrote:

Mac might not be going to ESPN 1000. Could have just been coffee with an old friend. But Zawawski should be smart enough to know that Mac isn't going to inform him of any meeting that he might be having with ESPN 1000. Nor would a lowley producer be aware of any potential buy out between Zim and Mac. So his "I"ve worked on this show for 4 years" doesn't mean anything.

Zawaski deleted the tweet but before he called it a night he tweeted "my tongue is fucking bleeding from biting it so hard". This was after the Chus argument. It seems like he knows something but just can't say it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:42 pm 

SirTinkleButton wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Zawaski deleted the tweet but before he called it a night he tweeted "my tongue is fucking bleeding from biting it so hard". This was after the Chus argument. It seems like he knows something but just can't say it.

This is what happens when nary a word has been said about the situation. The secrecy just fuels speculation. They created this monster.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Finfer started out like a house on fire here then disappeared. So he posted like crazy first few days then basically nothing . Interesting .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Chus wrote:
SirTinkleButton wrote:
Beardown wrote:

This is what happens when nary a word has been said about the situation. The secrecy just fuels speculation. They created this monster.

Everyone is an idiot, theres nothing going on behind the scenes. Until there is.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:00 pm 

Mac picked Spiegel for the parody songs. Seriously. He thought he was good otherwise but quickly found out the parodies were his strong suit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Speigel just renewed his contract over the summer right? I'd love to know how he feels about all this.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
I said this a llllllooooonnnnngggggg time ago, but I think a major part of this whole thing is Mac not wanting to work with Meatpants. He wanted to bring in Jurko and/or Harry and CBS wouldn't let him. But Mac isn't going to flat out break bad on Speigel knowing he has a little kid and.

Why wouldn't he want to work with Speigel? Didn't Mac pick him? Any talk about him going with Mac?

Beardown wrote:

I wonder if finfer gets tired of this.

Probably doesn't like it. Then again, his relationship with Mac is the only reason gets some part time shows. Might as well embrace it. Plus Finfer mocks the hell out of people, so he needs to take it as well.

By the way, I have it on good authority that a "Finfer fight" did take place in Mac's meeting today. Zim and Mitch had Finfer by the legs, Mac had him by the arms, they were both pulling.

Zim and Mitch: He's ours!!!!! He's ours!!!!!

Mac: He's mine!!!!! He's mine!!!!! Let go you sons of bitches!!!!!

Finfer: This is not what I expected when I got into radio. Let me down, please!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Taco Bell Mexican Pizza...mmmmm
I really doubt Finfer is front and foremost on anyone's mind at the Score, or with Mac. As Bernstein would say, Finfer is just a guy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

FloydGondolli wrote:
I really doubt Finfer is front and foremost on anyone's mind at the Score, or with Mac. As Bernstein would say, Finfer is just a guy.

Yes. I know. I was just trying to be funny. Zim and Mitch don't think much of any of their producers. They just need them to fill the garbage shifts at the station for a cheap price.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
The Score played Macs Larry Roesh Chevy commercial this morning. I thought they stopped running all of the Mac read commercials?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Scorehead on Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

SirTinkleButton wrote:

Ok. There it is everybody. Mac is coming back to the Score. At this point he might as well wait until after Christmas I guess. Maybe even until after New Years. The backups are taking over now anyway. But it looks like Zawaski spilled it.

Solved!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:31 pm 

I don't buy it. Zim and Mitch renamed his show. How can Mac go back to the Score after that? It's demeaning. At least, I think Mac would find it beneath him. They replaced him with Holmes for fuck's sake. The die is cast.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

Zizou wrote:
I don't buy it. Zim and Mitch renamed his show. How can Mac go back to the Score after that? It's demeaning. At least, I think Mac would find it beneath him. They replaced him with Holmes for fuck's sake. The die is cast.

You swallow your pride when you're no longer getting checks. It might only be until the end of his contract, but Mac wants to cash those checks for 6 or 7 months.

Then Larry comes back in June for the official take over. Hopefully not, though. I hope Zim and Mitch realized how bad he was.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I'm sure lots of people would be critical of this statement, but I would listen to North and Jiggets followed by Murph in mid-days and Mac for afternoon drive.

That station would actually do pretty well, I think.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:53 pm 

Beardown wrote:
SirTinkleButton wrote:

Ok. There it is everybody. Mac is coming back to the Score. At this point he might as well wait until after Christmas I guess. Maybe even until after New Years. The backups are taking over now anyway. But it looks like Zawaski spilled it.

Solved!!!!

Perhaps "biting his tongue" was a reference to responding to Chus in a negative way or attacking way

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
Beardown wrote:
SirTinkleButton wrote:

Solved!!!!

Perhaps "biting his tongue" was a reference to responding to Chus in a negative way or attacking way

Perhaps you're right, RPB. In that case, THE CASE IS STILL OPEN. Continue monitoring Mac's twitter. Continue to badger the producers for answers!!!!! I want a telescope looking through Mitch's and Zim's office window from the building across the street. Monitor Mac's movement through the city. Where's he stopping? Who's he talking to? Has he gone back to the ESPN studios? That sort of thing.

Beardown: Huddle up everybody. "Solve the Mac mystery" on three. 1...2...3

CSFMB: Solve the Mac mystery!!!!!

Beardown: Break!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
rogers park bryan wrote:
Beardown wrote:
SirTinkleButton wrote:

Solved!!!!

You could be right. For some reason when I saw that he deleted that specific tweet I jumped to thinking it was directed at the Mac situation. Who knows, the whole situation with Mac is getting pretty stale .

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Hatchetman wrote:
why can't these dipshits takeover some low-rent station? Mac, North, Murph, hell even Tom Shaer.......... well maybe not Tom Shaer. I'd listen to the others though.

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I'm sure lots of people would be critical of this statement, but I would listen to North and Jiggets followed by Murph in mid-days and Mac for afternoon drive. I don't care what station it is, as long as it has a clear signal. Hell, they could go back to one that signs off at sunset for all I care.

Scorehead wrote:
If ESPN 1000 put North on in afternoons, he would beat B&B in the ratings...and every single CSFMB member would be tuned in.

The experts have weighed in...and they've never been wrong before.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
A Chicago sports radio station with a lineup of WSCR castoffs would be much more entertaining & fun than the current WSCR lineup.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
The constant thought of the old Mike North doing a show is a lost cause. You know he will never be PART of a show, he has to BE THE SHOW or he wont participate.

Because he pulled it off once, he figures thats how he needs to do everything.

Thus he is still making You Tube Videos from his home office and buying time on radio stations.

At this point you would think someone would have made him some type of offer to be on air.

I just guess at best he is getting $100K offers, then has his attorney/wife counter the offers with 2 pages of changes and they all revolve around him doing whatever he wants and he gets to take a % of the ad revenue he brings in. Then the radio guys laugh and dont take his calls anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:57 pm 

apparently the big news is mac taking over the afternoon show, and b and b going back to mid day. HIGH NOON might have to return!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

My guess is the "suits" are telling him the facts of life.

This won't help him

http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/62 ... ts-talkers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next