It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

This is what I always find interesting. I know if you were to ask Spiegel, Finfer and Zawaski, they'd all say "Larry's great". They kind of have to say it. Mitch would probably say it as well.

There is no way they believe it, though. If anybody at the Score has just an average IQ they know Larry sucks and these shows are bad.

Baby talk, creepy talk, lusting over NBC 5 girls, the awful fake laughter, not being able to pronounce vowels, long stories of ordering a pizza, interviewing Peggy about typing and a bunch of other weird and bad.

C'mon!!! Anybody over there willing to say it?

Zombie Finfer: Larry is great

Zombie Spiegel: Larry is great

Zombie Zawaski: Larry is great

Zombie Mitch: Larry is great

Beardown: :roll: That's what I thought.

Mac: Larry sucks. My price just went up because of it.

Mitch: :shock:

Zim: :shock:

CSFMB: :cheers:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Beardown wrote:
long stories of ordering a pizza, interviewing Peggy about typing

Okay, I know all about the pizza, but why was he talking to Peggy Kusinski (I assume it's her) about typing?

And it is interesting that on a station where everyone shits on one another as a matter of course, the one guy immune from even the most innocuous ball-busting is the PD's pet.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
No one can think that he is good. Some may like him personally (god only knows why).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Beardown wrote:
long stories of ordering a pizza, interviewing Peggy about typing

Okay, I know all about the pizza, but why was he talking to Peggy Kusinski (I assume it's her) about typing?

And it is interesting that on a station where everyone shits on one another as a matter of course, the one guy immune from even the most innocuous ball-busting is the PD's pet.

I didn't hear it. Somebody said it happened in the show thread.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Everyone text the score simultaneously at 2:00 PM Central that Laurence is bad and should go away.
#Hatred

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:00 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Everyone text the score simultaneously at 2:00 PM Central that Laurence is bad and should go away.
#Hatred

I tried to text this earlier and it said my message is blocked.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Hank Scorpio wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
#Hatred

I tried to text this earlier and it said my message is blocked.

:lol:

Bernstein'd by Laurence!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Got to read between the lines here. Nobody will say 'leary you suck at talking' (Until they are fired or quit :lol: )

Silence, Sighs, slow OoooKKkaaays, are good signs of 'I cant stand this guy"

Addtionally, Mac put this crew together, he did it because he felt they would all get along to some degree, Get each others stupid jokes, etc and work well together.

Example, I think Spiegs was not a Finfer fan when ben came to WSCR, but over time he found the guy to be pretty damn quick witted and humble and Spiegs couldnt help laughing at some of the shit finfer says and does. They did form a unit of Spiegs, finfer, Jay Z and even Shep.

To learys defense, it would be tough for anyone to walk into that situation, but thats doesnt mean leary was the guy to do it.

finfer was!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:05 pm 

I have texted every day this week to say Laurence sucks. No texts back, no blocks.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
someone must have thought he was good to give him a contract.... i actually think he is OK on nbc5, he can at least form sentences and do highlights (I wonder how many takes it must have taken the american gladiators producers to finish an episodes of adamle's play by play).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:07 pm 

billypootons wrote:
someone must have thought he was good to give him a contract.... i actually think he is OK on nbc5, he can at least form sentences and do highlights (I wonder how many takes it must have taken the american gladiators producers to finish an episodes of adamle's play by play).

But shouldnt an on air personality not look like a wierdo? I'm not a good looking guy but I also dont think I should be on the NBC 5 news either. He's just an ugly person, nothing wrong with that unless you are trying to be on TV.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:07 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
billypootons wrote:

But shouldnt an on air personality not look like a wierdo? I'm not a good looking guy but I also dont think I should be on the NBC 5 news either. He's just an ugly person, nothing wrong with that unless you are trying to be on TV.

#Hatred

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
billypootons wrote:

I believe at one time Mitch was Learys agent. Mitch is a good dude, maybe too good of a dude in this case.

Look at it this way, if you get a guest host, Hub, Rozner, etc its $500 a shift. If you have Leary its nothing and you pay conor or Joe o $50 for the night shift. $$$

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:11 pm 

I gotta response!

"Not everyone is going to like me. Good luck on your radio listening endeavors." - LH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:12 pm 

Actually, now I kinda feel bad. He was very nice about my mean text.

#NotHatred

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
Holmes is bad.
Spiegel is worse.
I don't listen to The Score hardly ever anymore, so you guys enjoy.....
:x

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:14 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
I gotta response!

"Not everyone is going to like me. Good luck on your radio listening endeavors." - LH

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNN

Leash Got SHOOK

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:17 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
I gotta response!

Reply back: No one likes you. KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

It goes beyond "being liked". Bernstein is hated but he's good.

You just can't have Larry's weirdness, phoniness and bad on daypart radio in a major market. It just can't happen. He's just not fit to be a talk show host. No shame in it. I just don't know how Mitch and Zim can hear this and allow it to go on much longer. Maybe they won't. They were quick to pull Hamp and Holmes. Mac had some troubles, so Larry was a quick fix.

Maybe they're already looking for somebody else. I just assume Mitch and Zim have at least a half of a brain and know this is just HORRIBLE. That's not an opinion. It's a fact. Not all hires and shows are gonna be great. But at the very least, a PD and GM of a radio station should be able to avoid horrible. Especially in Chicago.

Last edited by Beardown on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:20 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

#NotHatred

pussy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:22 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

#NotHatred

pussy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:23 pm 

Laurence IS kinda like Mike Tyson in his prime

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:24 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Can we get him locked up for raping the midday show?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
billypootons wrote:

I believe at one time Mitch was Learys agent. Mitch is a good dude, maybe too good of a dude in this case.

Look at it this way, if you get a guest host, Hub, Rozner, etc its $500 a shift. If you have Leary its nothing and you pay conor or Joe o $50 for the night shift. $$$

Really? I figured guys like Hub and Rozner got more than producers for shifts, but $500? That's pretty good. I would have guessed like $250. This is you just speculating or you know it?

Yeah. Larry was always free for shifts cuz he had a salary and barely was on the air at nights cuz of all of their other obligations. But they were still overpaying him for not working that much.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Can we get him locked up for raping the midday show?

What he's doing to the ears of listeners is far worse than the assault Tyson made on Evander Holyfields ear.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

I guess the reason it stands out is because these are the Scumbag Score guys. Bernstein & his crew, even Mac & Spiegel, to a lessor degree, are always quick to make fun of callers, players and broadcasters for being weird, gay, stupid and bad. They love twisting the blade at times. Hell, Bernstein and his crew even did it with a teammate - Murph. Othere teammates as well. Les gets it from "Team Bernstein". Update guys get it from "Team Bernstein".

But with Larry, they all bite their tongue for his weird, gay, stupid and bad. I just wonder why that is.

Last edited by Beardown on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:52 pm 

Beardown wrote:
I guess the reason it stands out is because these are the Scumbag Score guys. Bernstein's crew, even Spiegel are always quick to make fun of callers, players and broadcasters for being weird, gay, stupid and bad. They love twisting the blade at times. Hell, Bernstein and his crew even did it with a teammate - Murph. Othere teammates as well. Les gets it from "Team Bernstein". Update guys get it from "Team Bernstein".

But with Larry, they all bite their tongue for his weird, gay and bad. I just wonder why that is.

Maybe because they dont want their asses kicked.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

Spiegel also enjoys kicking drinky in the nuts on the air. Drinky likes to return the favor. But not Larry. Nobody can touch Larry for some reason.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:57 pm 

Beardown wrote:
But with Larry, they all bite their tongue for his weird, gay, stupid and bad. I just wonder why that is.

You want to say it Beardown. Just do it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

Kirkwood wrote:
Beardown wrote:

You want to say it Beardown. Just do it.