It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Something new - weed, painkillers and depression. Right Speigs?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Jay Zawaski ‏@JayZawaski670 8m

Wait, Mac is back today? But I thought lunch with a friend meant he was for sure leaving! #smugness

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spiegel said Mac's absence wasn't related to the previous absence. Zawaski is a dope.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Last edited by Chus on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:13 pm 

wow... mac has the same disease i have. as much as you try, at the end of the day you just want to be around nobody.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:14 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Honest and open as always. Good stuff, but sad stuff.

+1

Love his realness.

Hate the fact he has to battle all this. I have a brother who shares a lot of the same battles. It is a bad deal.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
IkeSouth wrote:
wow... mac has the same disease i have. as much as you try, at the end of the day you just want to be around nobody.

Count me in. Replace junk food with the drug habit and this sounds like me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:17 pm 

that speech was more real then things even north has said. mac is my new fav. all time. THIS is what radio should be. MAC RULES.

Last edited by IkeSouth on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:17 pm 

McNeil is like a self aware Mike North right now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Oh, shit - this means the "I have to try to sound quick-witted clever to match Mac and use my phonyl smarmy laugh'' Speigs also returns. :roll:

Last edited by Minooka Meatball on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:19 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

Count me in. Replace junk food with the drug habit and this sounds like me.

yeah its just weed with me. i dont even drink or take any pills... but i know lots who smoke and arent anything like this. i like people too, i love hanging out with friends.. but it never changes- at some point anxiety builds and i ALWAYS regress into leaving the phone off and not talking to anyone for weeks or months. its almost like work to deal with people, even if theyre friends that arent judging me.... its really weird, and im not even sure its a disease, i think its just a way of life.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
He say what the painkillers are for?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
So is he back on the show or just dropping by for a bit?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:22 pm 

Minooka Meatball wrote:
Oh, shit - this means the '"I have to try to sound quick-witted clever to match Mac" and use my awful smarmy laugh' Speigs also returns. :roll:

he tried very hard to make it seem like it was ok working with larry fmitah for 2 months... but you could tell he wanted to say THANK GOD thats over.

as much as i dislike speigs as a radio voice, hes 100000% better then holmes and i feel bad for him for having to deal with a white nerd that thinks hes black.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
BOOZE is my deal. I've been able to keep things on the road so far. Lucky I don't have "that gene" or at least it hasn't manifested itself yet.

He's back, until he relapses again.

Pills were originally for "back pain" but the way he said it was nebulous.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:23 pm 

I don't put in crazy work hours but I'm old,tired and lazy. I get home ,plop on the couch watch a few hours of TV,get up start again. It's called a "rut" and it has gotten worse for me since I almost died in May with double pnemonia & a virus.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Hello 35 guests.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:35 pm 

wow, speigs just slipped up saying mac went to jail... mac acted like he didnt know what he was talking about. no wonder they couldnt say anything on air

does anyone know the county mac lives in? or what the indiana court system website is? maybe he god arrested for owi?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Any confirmation whether they'll continue to review video on the air with Matt Bowen? I think this is the most pressing question and I wouldn't want such a brilliant idea for a segment to be lost to the sands of time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:38 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
BOOZE is my deal. I've been able to keep things on the road so far. Lucky I don't have "that gene" or at least it hasn't manifested itself yet.

He's back, until he relapses again.

Pills were originally for "back pain" but the way he said it was nebulous.

alcohol is the worst as fas as addiction. i mean, at least most people can function on it, they can live a life unlike heroin... but your body converts alcohol into something your brain can use for food instead of sugar... so your body actually stops making sugar... thats why you crave alcohol so much and why its so hard to get off of.

after seeing my dad all these years, im so glad i never got those genes. i dont care if public opinion looks down on me for smoking weed, i know its nothing even close to as bad as other drugs.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
ZephMarshack wrote:
Any confirmation whether they'll continue to review video on the air with Matt Bowen? I think this is the most pressing question and I wouldn't want such a brilliant idea for a segment to be lost to the sands of time.

You just don't understand "intelligent radio".

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I think Spiegs just meant that his inpatient residential rehab was "the hole".

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:40 pm 

I think it had to do with pot...the show pot.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:42 pm 

this is such bullshit. i cant even legally get a job at the grocery store because they piss test... but mac gets to make millions for talking and not only does he not get tested, he can brag about it. shits not even legal!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:46 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
this is such bullshit. i cant even legally get a job at the grocery store because they piss test... but mac gets to make millions for talking and not only does he not get tested, he can brag about it. shits not even legal!

obtain a different skill set

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:48 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:

Whole Foods doesn't piss test. Take a look at the hippies that work there.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:50 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

thats my point. the more skills you get the more you get tested. i have 10 years of technical training and experience, i have 10x the education that most other guys in my field have... i did extremely well in construction too, every boss loved me... but no matter where you work now, you get tested. theyre even going to hair tests, which you cant cheat around like you can piss tests. there is no personal life anymore. corporations want to control every hour of your life, on or off the clock.

Last edited by IkeSouth on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
IkeSouth wrote:
alcohol is the worst as fas as addiction. i mean, at least most people can function on it, they can live a life unlike heroin...

yeah well that's only cuz you live THE life with heroin:

alcohol is also the worst because.... it's available everywhere? it's intertwined into the very fabric of society? it's 95% of people's go-to means of "getting loose" or however you wanna describe it. it doesnt exactly take a genius to figure out that when you're huddled in some corner smoking a crackpipe that "this is something i shouldn't be doing" --- but alcohol? yeah much much tougher.

also man big F-U to mac for the whole demonizing of weed over the pills, which were nonchalantly tossed on the end of the whole GET HOME AND BLAZE ONE UP thing which seemed to be the main onus for him preaching the cult of sobriety/AA doctrine.

mac's problem was prolly that by smoking weed the perspective shift helped him realize a whole lot of his shortcomings and then when he decided to withdraw and rethink his whole life, that's when the pain pills come in handy. it's a lot easier to tolerate a steadily decreasing quality of life when you're pumped to the gills chock full of endorphins/dopamine (which is what painkillers do on a chemical level) so his initial isolationism was him smoking one and realizing what a dumbass he's been, but instead of addressing it he sulked off into painpills and chainsmoking. we've all been there.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Phil's
I truly hope he gets his shit together that being said....he made this bed...GROW THE FUCK UP MAC!!! You can't tell me 90% of the people who listen are wondering...when is STRIKE 3!?!?!?

Artie FUCKIN' Lang of Chicago radio.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:53 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
mac's problem was prolly that by smoking weed the perspective shift helped him realize a whole lot of his shortcomings and then when he decided to withdraw and rethink his whole life, that's when the pain pills come in handy. it's a lot easier to tolerate a steadily decreasing quality of life when you're pumped to the gills chock full of endorphins/dopamine (which is what painkillers do on a chemical level) so his initial isolationism was him smoking one and realizing what a dumbass he's been, but instead of addressing it he sulked off into painpills and chainsmoking. we've all been there.

i agree weed always gets hit the hardest in arguments, when in reality it does the least damage. hell, its even being proven to kill cancer cells in rat brains now!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:55 pm 

LeggoMYego wrote:
I truly hope he gets his shit together that being said....he made this bed...GROW THE FUCK UP MAC!!! You can't tell me 90% of the people who listen are wondering...when is STRIKE 3!?!?!?

Artie FUCKIN' Lang of Chicago radio.

yea i would have been fired the moment i let it slip up that ive smoked weed once in my life, let alone everyday. mac is the luckiest guy on the planet.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
good dolphin wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

Or, you know, ......

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next