It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:26 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
Merry Christmas Everyone!

I guess different people read different things into peoples statements. I just took Ike's statements as releasing some angst. My problem is a frickin' cheeseburger which is far more desirable to me than drugs. The irony is enough of eating that shit puts you on drugs.

do people that ignore me stay invisible on my end too? ive always wondered that... i dont use the ignore feature on anyone, if i dont like reading something i go to a different website.

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
IkeSouth wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
For someone who bitches about people not reading his shit, you sure didn't bother to read mine .... fuck, I was saying that what you did was artistic ... it's about as complimentary as I'm generally going to get. Clearly you're more interested in scoring internet points with your broheim Ike.

sini doesnt give a shit. nobody on here thats normal does. you can let that pipe dream burn through your caffeine free soda pop bong.

im convinced dick tiny is keeping score now. just full on stupid with a slathering of self righteous dbag slime all over the new shoes. if people like him didnt exist i wouldnt want to smoke weed

Man oh man, you're pretty edgy for someone who's apparently a prolific user of the (I thought) very calming THC.

Spaulding wrote:
I've asked before and been ignored or passed over but for those of you that smoke weed, why do you do it?

Doesn't this look fun...

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
C'mon. If you're gonna post that gif, you have to at least find one that shows him driving into the trash cans :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
IkeSouth wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Merry Christmas Everyone!

I guess different people read different things into peoples statements. I just took Ike's statements as releasing some angst. My problem is a frickin' cheeseburger which is far more desirable to me than drugs. The irony is enough of eating that shit puts you on drugs.

do people that ignore me stay invisible on my end too? ive always wondered that... i dont use the ignore feature on anyone, if i dont like reading something i go to a different website.

I don't really dislike anyone that much to ignore them. I just try to treat people like I like to be treated outside of some harmless needling.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
mjwillis wrote:
Same reason someone drinks a few beers or a couple of scotches. You feel good, get a buzz.

Some may argue this but I don't drink to get a buzz often. If you drink to get a buzz often that could be an issue.

I'm with jimmy, I can eat.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:30 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
I've asked before and been ignored or passed over but for those of you that smoke weed, why do you do it?

i think its because, for me, the very reason mac opened up with today- the need to be alone. i can never shake that feeling... no matter how much fun im having, or how many people are around me (a few or a lot), i always end up wanting to be alone. weed is a wonderful thing when youre alone too, it keeps you focused on whatever is in front of you, and you dont think about the people who aren't there (and the things that stresses you out about them).

it took me a long time to realize i am not a socialite. i used to always throw parties, talk to people on the phone... but over time i just realized i felt more relaxed when nobody was around. nobody was judging me. nobody was being stupid. nobody was asking for a cigarette. i dont know, it could just be that i never met very good friends, but people like don tiny are everywhere and it just drives me crazy.

Last edited by IkeSouth on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Spaulding wrote:

I enjoy it. I enjoyed other drugs when I was younger, but I knew I would be better off discontinuing their usage, so I stopped using them years ago.

I don't smoke all day long, as I have responsibilities with my children. What's the big deal if I fire it up at night, or on the weekend? It hasn't affected anything in my life. It has never affected a job, or my duties as a husband and father. I view it exactly the same as having a drink or two after work. Society is coming around, as well.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:32 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
I'm sure most of you remember my Joe Friday Youtube cut. I honestly beleive pot is a gateway drug.

You are believing a falsehood. That is nothing more than anti-pot propaganda. That myth has been debunked.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:32 pm 

Chus wrote:
I view it exactly the same as having a drink or two after work.

Fact that it is illegal puts it in different area, doesn't it?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:33 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
Chus wrote:

I was alternating a Norco and an Ibuprofen every four hours. Doctor's orders.

does that even work? the ibuprofen is extremely weak vicodin, basically. it would just be a sugar pill if youre already on hydrocodone, wouldnt it?

It is a way to keep the pain under control, without just swallowing Norcos. Your body builds up a tolerance to drugs like Norco, if you take too many.

That was the same deal the doctors prescribed for my wife, after her C-sections.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:33 pm 

Chus wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

I enjoy it. I enjoyed other drugs when I was younger, but I knew I would be better off discontinuing their usage, so I stopped using them years ago.

I don't smoke all day long, as I have responsibilities with my children. What's the big deal if I fire it up at night, or on the weekend? It hasn't affected anything in my life. It has never affected a job, or my duties as a husband and father. I view it exactly the same as having a drink or two after work. Society is coming around, as well.

that was my point earlier. i dont smoke before 6pm. strict rule, and it works well. ok, weekends are a freeride but still...

i just dont understand the drug testing thing. you can smoke very occasionally and be in the same boat as hardcore meth users- actually worse, because you can use meth once a week and piss clean.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
why can't the potheads admit their addictions like everyone else? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:34 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Chus wrote:

technically, yes. morally, scientifically no.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:35 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
... people like don tiny are everywhere and it just drives me crazy.

Yes, it's everyone else that's the problem, not you. So original. So insightful. I smoke weed because hypothetical people that I've never actually met are "out there in the world". Pathetic.

What the actual fuck is "scientifically legal"? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by Don Tiny on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Coming from someone who tried everything in my younger days, it's a joke to compare pot and opiates. I agree that weed can't be absolved from everything, but the two aren't even in the same ballpark. Opiates will eventually break you down, physically and mentally. The distinction has to be made or ignorance about these things will continue.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:36 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
why can't the potheads admit their addictions like everyone else? :lol:

because weed isnt a problem- weed laws are. weed doesnt produce paranoia, its the fact that you might go to jail and be labeled a piece of shit that makes people feel scared.

you could outlaw eating pussy, and people would claim "see! eating pussy is bad, it promotes paranoia!"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Spaulding wrote:

at the risk of getting slagged off into upstanding ppl like nas declaring me to be on drugs, i'll go a bit longform and try to explain it to you, as the only guy on the board with an e-mail address @smoke.dope.org despite being ~85-90% emeritus nowadays.

first time i smoked i was ~15-16 and it was a case of socializing with people and i can't lie, the first time i smoked i remember the downright surreal feel while rollerblading.... the first few times i smoked i felt like i was 2-3 seconds out of flow with reality and it just made things seem that much more grandiose and epic (which it tends to do as time goes on)

and then as i started to normalize through continued usage, you'd get that grandiose/epic feel (moreso than other narcotic drugs where the feeling is one of straightup euphoria introduced for various fleeting amounts of time that eventually leave you reeling in various amounts of time for various amounts of time) which i liken to a 90-180 degree shift in your perspective.

i mean, drink 16 beers or snort a line of special k (ketamine) and you're legitimately fucked up. motor skills affected due to the visceral wave of macho man snapping into a slim jim (oooooh yeah --- and you just heard that in his voice) and well, weed isn't like that. with the exception of a few people who can't handle their mind looking at things differently, it doesn't "fuck you up" as much as it provides a cerebral headtrip based on how you view things. and by that, i mean you might go to a convenience store and start thinking about seemingly-superfluous details about just how all those products came to exist in that store at that moment.... or wondering where that $1 bill you gave the cashier will end up in the year 2024.... stuff like that. your perspective shifts to one that tends to look at the bigger picture of things, which is why there's that stereotype of stoned rambling/babbling/etc.

for me, there's the whole psychological thing where for years i made many superficial and some good friendships using weed as the bridge.... i mean there's a whole subculture there and it's a great icebreaker so even beyond the whole joy-of-being-stoned thing (from ages 19-22 i used to smoke an eighth of dank in ~18-20hrs cuz having a proper carbong tends to lend itself to that life/style) it was just all balled up into a lifestyle.... i mean i made one of the better friends i ever made in life by virtue of the fact he was wearing a weed necklace and thus with the ice broken, i gave him a ride home from UIC orientation and he got me stoned as shit and with that lifestyle in common, a friendship could ensue. i prolly wouldn't have given a shit about rap until the mid 2000s if i didn't meet this guy in 98.

i'm not don tiny so i can't speak for most people on here, but i will conjecture to guess that for a good % of the people something between the non-intoxicating cerebral headtrip into semanticsville and the whole social scene intertwined to show them a lifestyle that's not hard to manage responsibly if you're a responsible person. i guarantee the USA's gonna let people smoke pot en masse over the next 10-20 years as a trade off for the death of the middle class and likely loss of property ownership (which is really a figment of your imagination anyways cuz if you dont pay taxes on land that was even paid off 100 years ago you'll quickly find out whose land it really is PROTIP: not yours) --- and why would the usa do that?

it's like i used to say.... drunk driving leads to destruction, mayhem, fatalities, arrest/incarceration, or even worse a heifer's house..... stoned driving leads to taco bell. weed's not the problem.... cuz seriously i dont know anyone who'd start robbing houses/people/places to get a bag of weed..... nor have i ever seen anyone weedsick, tho i did know someone who claimed it, but only cuz he was being a bit of a bitch about the whole thing.

anyways, as time wore on and i got to have extended absences from the life/style of weed smoking, i found some of the killer shit i used to smoke wholesale being a bit intense (circa march 2012 i saw something no man was supposed to see when i smoked my first hit of some !!! shit in 6+ months, ergo my tossing the weed back to the guy who sold it to me was a great move) and well, i mean, it has its place when i do some of my own amateur psychology but i cant say i wanna be stoned 24/7/365, even tho once i ease myself back into smoking the nice shit once i'm stoned and reaping the benefits (think of the "i'm only creative when i'm stoned" person from half baked... janeane garofalo i think?) but i've had enough time outside of that life/style to realize the balance.... plus i like being able to piss clean for temp work, so that's helped me go through cycles since mid-2012.

but when you're into a proper life/style and you've got an excuse to talk/hang with cool people around the world who enjoy accentuating their sobriety, yeah, if you ain't faced consequences like chus you'll be quick to demonize other things like that one famous poster MARIJUANA: HEY AT LEAST IT'S NOT CRACK!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:37 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Chus wrote:

It's illegal to drink and drive, yet people do that. Drunk drivers put others at risk. I'm not harming anybody in my garage or basement.

The amount that I have at any moment, isn't enough to get me locked up. I'm a tiny fish. The man is looking for a whale.

Weed is legal in two states, and may be legalized by as many as 7 more in 2014. People are finally coming to their senses on this issue.

<º)))><

Last edited by Chus on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:37 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
I smoke weed because hypothetical people that I've never actually met are "out there in the world". Pathetic.

so you admit that you dont exist? youre just a computer bot? makes sense, but i think your firmware needs to be reflashed.

Last edited by IkeSouth on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:38 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
i think its because, for me, the very reason mac opened up with today- the need to be alone. i can never shake that feeling... no matter how much fun im having, or how many people are around me (a few or a lot), i always end up wanting to be alone. weed is a wonderful thing when youre alone too, it keeps you focused on whatever is in front of you, and you dont think about the people who aren't there (and the things that stresses you out about them).

it took me a long time to realize i am not a socialite. i used to always throw parties, talk to people on the phone... but over time i just realized i felt more relaxed when nobody was around. nobody was judging me. nobody was being stupid. nobody was asking for a cigarette. i dont know, it could just be that i never met very good friends, but people like don tiny are everywhere and it just drives me crazy.

That's sad Ike. I like to be alone. I don't call people much, I don't seek out other people, and most social situations or work for me, but you can find some happiness or at least contentment there, I would think. All my hobbies are solitary and I get a lot of happiness from them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:38 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
... (I)t's a joke to compare pot and opiates. I agree that weed can't be absolved from everything, but the two aren't even in the same ballpark. Opiates will eventually break you down, physically and mentally. The distinction has to be made or ignorance about these things will continue.

FWIW, I don't have a problem with any of that ... nor would, I suspect, any rational, informed person. The problem people are those that blithely ignore it with nothing to counter with, or those that start to carry it forward illogically to "since it's not bad, it's fucking great!" - which you are not going, of course.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:39 pm 

People smoke for the same reasons people drink

To relax, take the edge off, catch a slight buzz

I don't really understand how people who drink can question it (outside of the understandable legal issues)

There's a thread on here a million pages long detailing peoples drinking.

4 posters

1 Dr
1 rapper
1 phish fan
1 wu fan

They all sit down at the end of their day, make up their edge taker-offer, and post brilliance on the board

I'm just saying its not as different as some think.

Don's comments are kinda surprising but I don't think he's against weed as much as the "its the biggest tragedy in the word that weed is illegal" people

I understand that

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:39 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

That's sad Ike. I like to be alone. I don't call people much, I don't seek out other people, and most social situations or work for me, but you can find some happiness or at least contentment there, I would think. All my hobbies are solitary and I get a lot of happiness from them.

its why i started creating products, like that light. i can do it without being in contact with too many people on a regular basis. i have a lot of fun doing it, just in my little garage makin lights...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:41 pm 

Chus wrote:

I don't know that it's a good thing. Have you ever stopped for a length of time to see if there is a difference? Or what's the driving reason behind it? Makes you happier, something to do, just like it?

Darkside...have you noticed a difference, better or worse?

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Spaulding,
Between your husband and your kids,your time is limited. It was the same thing for us. My kids our out of college now. My wife is busting her ass in a new job & I'm also tired. We are both content with coming home and enjoying our dogs & a little TV. We do go out on weekends when we see something to do,not much lately because of work schedules.

IkeSouth wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
I smoke weed because hypothetical people that I've never actually met are "out there in the world". Pathetic.

so you admit that you dont exist? youre just a computer bot? makes sense, but i think your firmware needs to be reflashed.

I didn't think you could get more clever.

To RPB's point, which I think I answered as he was writing that, I don't have the first problem with "weed" ... it literally doesn't harm anyone else not doing it (so long as the user isn't an utter clod, but that's not really the fault of the drug, it's just a convenient place to hang excuses by those against the legalization or it - as well as those who are pro-legalization for that matter).

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Don Tiny wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
... people like don tiny are everywhere and it just drives me crazy.

Yes, it's everyone else that's the problem, not you. So original. So insightful.

HOLY FUCK I'D CALL INTO WHO YA CRAPPIN IF ANYONE IN CHICAGOLAND ACTUALLY GAVE A FUCK ABOUT YOUR INCONSEQUENTIAL ROTUND ARSE

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:42 pm 

Chus wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Chus wrote:

It's illegal to drink and drive, yet people do that. Drunk drivers put others at risk. I'm not harming anybody in my garage or basement.

Weed is legal in two states, and may be legalized by as many as 7 more in 2014. People are finally coming to their senses on this issue.

the best part of weed legalization isnt the threat of jailtime going away- its the fact that nobody will have a single argument against its use anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:43 pm 

Chus wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Chus wrote:

Thats cool. I get that things are changing. I do not feel strongly enough either way to really invest much time in the discussion.

Just seems to me that if something is illegal, no matter how it is justified, it is still to be viewed in a different way than legal things.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next