It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:44 pm 

Chus wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Chus wrote:
I view it exactly the same as having a drink or two after work.

Fact that it is illegal puts it in different area, doesn't it?

It's illegal to drink and drive, yet people do that. Drunk drivers put others at risk. I'm not harming anybody in my garage or basement.

Weed is legal in two states, and may be legalized by as many as 7 more in 2014. People are finally coming to their senses on this issue.

IMO driving after a few beers is a way bigger risk than the biggest risk that comes from smoking weed

If you had the choice between a dui and getting caught with a personal amount of weed or dui....obviously the weed is a 200$ fine and the dui ruins your life for a few years

Its a weird thing now. One is completely illegal but abusing the the legal one is a far worse transgression in the eyes of the law

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I really don't want to read this entire thread so can someone tell me what Mac said?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:46 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
I smoke weed because hypothetical people that I've never actually met are "out there in the world". Pathetic.

so you admit that you dont exist? youre just a computer bot? makes sense, but i think your firmware needs to be reflashed.

I didn't think you could get more clever.

To RPB's point, which I think I answered as he was writing that, I don't have the first problem with "weed" ... it literally doesn't harm anyone else not doing it (so long as the user isn't an utter clod, but that's not really the fault of the drug, it's just a convenient place to hang excuses by those against the legalization or it - as well as those who are pro-legalization for that matter).

this doesnt complete your statement or even make sense... i though you were MORE clever then that. finish your thought (you ended with a parenthesis). you were saying how you dont have the first problem with weed, but youve had a huge problem with it this entire thread.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
jimmypasta wrote:
Spaulding,
Between your husband and your kids,your time is limited. It was the same thing for us. My kids our out of college now. My wife is busting her ass in a new job & I'm also tired. We are both content with coming home and enjoying our dogs & a little TV. We do go out on weekends when we see something to do,not much lately because of work schedules.

I don't know, the more rest I get the more tired I feel. Something more, even for an hour at night, might make you feel better or more energized.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:47 pm 

Nas wrote:
I really don't want to read this entire thread so can someone tell me what Mac said?

He fell back into weed and painkillers went to rehab and now he's back.

Check score fb to listen, its not long

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:48 pm 

Nas wrote:

sure. partly my fault for grabbing an extra cup of coffee and spending the time to make don tiny miserable

-mac comes back and admits he wasnt away because of addiction, but he was just on weed and pills that he couldnt stop using
-admits he likes to be alone most of the time, which is why he does these things
-says he is clean and sober now, and lucky to still have his job (no shit), and mitch rosen is the only reason he was allowed back

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
I would at this point - only because it's "illegal" - not exactly embrace those who would choose to partake of it if they have a wife and family ONLY because getting 'caught' just means a real pain in the ass not just for them, but by association the family at home.

I'll just go ahead and use Chus as an example as I'm quite certain he won't lose his shit because I used his name and I'm confident in his ability to accurately comphrend what others write.

I don't have any problem with Chus using weed. I don't think he's some dreg of society because he uses marijuanna. I am only slightly perplexed because it seems that, as a rational fella, he would refrain so as not to risk causing "sadness" (just a catch-all term, no special meaning behind it) for the wife and/or kids by potentially having a pop who got busted doing something that for irrational reasons is illegal BUT - and here's the distinction a few of us apparently less bright amongst us willingly refuse to recognize - it's illegal all the same.

To take it further, I wouldn't think Chus was a bad person if he DID get popped for useage, I would just hope he'd curtail if not cut-off further usage, or, at the very least, re-double his efforts to be cautious or get a damned prescription next year. :lol:

Last edited by Don Tiny on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Chus wrote:
I'm a tiny fish. The man is looking for a whale.
Mammal.

Whatever.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:49 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:

the best part of weed legalization isnt the threat of jailtime going away- its the fact that nobody will have a single argument against its use anymore.

I don't think it's good for some people. Not sure how many but enough to think I don't want it easily available.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Chus wrote:
I enjoy it. I enjoyed other drugs when I was younger, but I knew I would be better off discontinuing their usage, so I stopped using them years ago.

I don't smoke all day long, as I have responsibilities with my children. What's the big deal if I fire it up at night, or on the weekend? It hasn't affected anything in my life. It has never affected a job, or my duties as a husband and father. I view it exactly the same as having a drink or two after work. Society is coming around, as well.

Spaulding wrote:
I don't know that it's a good thing.

What isn't a good thing?

Spaulding wrote:
Have you ever stopped for a length of time to see if there is a difference?

No. I haven't had a reason to do so. If I had to for something like court ordered drug tests, I would quit immediately, and it wouldn't be a problem.

Spaulding wrote:
Or what's the driving reason behind it? Makes you happier, something to do, just like it?

I don't know. I try not to over-analyze everything. Especially, if it isn't an issue. Like I said, smoking herb has never affected any part of my life in a negative way, and my wife has no issue with it. It isn't a problem, so it doesn't need addressing.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Last edited by Chus on Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:50 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
IkeSouth wrote:
Chus wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
also man big F-U to mac for the whole demonizing of weed over the pills, which were nonchalantly tossed on the end of the whole GET HOME AND BLAZE ONE UP thing which seemed to be the main onus for him preaching the cult of sobriety/AA doctrine.

+1

Norco is heroin in pill form. To blame weed over the pills is completely irresponsible. I smoke plenty of weed , but I manage to avoid popping pills, and I have no problem functioning in any situation.

I hope the guy gets well, but statements like that show me that he possibly doesn't really get it. Joking about doing drugs and gambling, while trying to overcome addiction seems counterproductive. I'm pulling for you Mac. Don't let Larry attempt to ruin your show again, please.

i agree, but to be clear norco is vicodin. it is NOT heroin. thats oxycontin. mac isnt rush limbaugh. Norco is 1000mg hydrocodone plus tylenol. vicodin is just 500mg or 750 sometimes. norco is nothing more then high powered vicodin. but mac was taking 8 pills a day he said, which is a LOT. im sure it would have been similar to taking $10 worth of heroin a day

I was taking Norco earlier this year for a while. Hated it. Made me feel like crap.

Last edited by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater on Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:51 pm 

RFDC wrote:

Just seems to me that if something is illegal, no matter how it is justified, it is still to be viewed in a different way than legal things.

its illegal in russia (just made recent law too) to even TALK about homosexuality. does that mean, if youre russian, being gay should suddenly be viewed differently?

thats the whole point. laws are just laws. they are not about right and wrong- they are decisions made by stupid people in power to get things the way they want it, nothing more.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
taking $10 of heroin a day isn't going to destroy your world, btw. you gotta get into that $50-100/day zone to really start feeling the existential void @ the pit of your soul.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:53 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

the best part of weed legalization isnt the threat of jailtime going away- its the fact that nobody will have a single argument against its use anymore.

I don't think it's good for some people. Not sure how many but enough to think I don't want it easily available.

I would suggest that's not based on anything real or concrete, just the ghosts of utter fallacies pounded into your (and everyone's) head for way, way too long now ... all starting because (iirc) 3M didn't want to lose any of their paper-related income to hemp.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Thanks for the recap everyone.

Sini you're still stuck on me jokingly making a comment about you being on drugs? It seems like the people who love being assholes to others have the thinnest skin. Merry Christmas!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
So weed is so good, you don't mind the fact you can't hold a good job nor do you mind supporting the murderous underworld that supplies it? Must be a helluva drug! :lol:

I'm a libertarian so I think pot should be legal, just like alcohol, cigarettes, trans fats, or any other substances which some people have problems with. Just don't liken it to camomile tea or something.

ALL I WANT TO DO IS GET HOME CLOSE THE DOOR AND DRINK CAMOMILE TEA ALL NIGHT LONG!

Spaulding wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

i feel that way about alcohol. i honestly believe its one of the most damaging drugs there is, and it ruins not just the users life it brings everyone around down with it. i was raised by alcoholics, believe me i have experience here.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
rogers park bryan wrote:
Chus wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Chus wrote:
I view it exactly the same as having a drink or two after work.

Fact that it is illegal puts it in different area, doesn't it?

It's illegal to drink and drive, yet people do that. Drunk drivers put others at risk. I'm not harming anybody in my garage or basement.

Weed is legal in two states, and may be legalized by as many as 7 more in 2014. People are finally coming to their senses on this issue.

IMO driving after a few beers is a way bigger risk than the biggest risk that comes from smoking weed

If you had the choice between a dui and getting caught with a personal amount of weed or dui....obviously the weed is a 200$ fine and the dui ruins your life for a few years

Its a weird thing now. One is completely illegal but abusing the the legal one is a far worse transgression in the eyes of the law

IMO The issue with weed is not using it, it's purchasing it. It sucks because you can put yourself in a really bad situation. I don't care how well you know your guy - shit can still hit the fan. And if you're in a situation where you need to name names (I know, nobody talks) BUT let's just say it happens and your guy gets busted because of you, you're potentially putting your family at risk (I know, long shot, but still)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:56 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
So weed is so good, you don't mind the fact you can't hold a good job nor do you mind supporting the murderous underworld that supplies it? Must be a helluva drug! :lol:

ive held a job just fine since 16. i now have my own business producing final products ready to sell from my own garage. weed isnt the reason i stopped working for corporations, laws are.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:57 pm 

bosco wrote:

IMO The issue with weed is not using it, it's purchasing it. It sucks because you can put yourself in a really bad situation. I don't care how well you know your guy - shit can still hit the fan. And if you're in a situation where you need to name names (I know, nobody talks) BUT let's just say it happens and your guy gets busted because of you, you're potentially putting your family at risk (I know, long shot, but still)

yup and if you grow it yourself as god intended, youre 10x worse of a person in the eyes of the law.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:57 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
I would at this point - only because it's "illegal" - not exactly embrace those who would choose to partake of it if they have a wife and family ONLY because getting 'caught' just means a real pain in the ass not just for them, but by association the family at home.

I'll just go ahead and use Chus as an example as I'm quite certain he won't lose his shit because I used his name and I'm confident in his ability to accurately comphrend what others write.

I don't have any problem with Chus using weed. I don't think he's some dreg of society because he uses marijuanna. I am only slightly perplexed because it seems that, as a rational fella, he would refrain so as not to risk causing "sadness" (just a catch-all term, no special meaning behind it) for the wife and/or kids by potentially having a pop who got busted doing something that for irrational reasons is illegal BUT - and here's the distinction a few of us apparently less bright amongst us willingly refuse to recognize - it's illegal all the same.

To take it further, I wouldn't think Chus was a bad person if he DID get popped for useage, I would just hope he'd curtail if not cut-off further usage, or, at the very least, re-double his efforts to be cautious or get a damned prescription next year. :lol:

Actually, from what I know of it, its really not a big deal legally if you're just using personal and get caught. Its literally like a $200 fine and doesn't go on your record. As it was explained to me by a suburban cop, its akin to a parking ticket now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:59 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
I would suggest that's not based on anything real or concrete, just the ghosts of utter fallacies pounded into your (and everyone's) head for way, way too long now ... all starting because (iirc) 3M didn't want to lose any of their paper-related income to hemp.

i wouldnt doubt they spent a lot of money lobbying against it. the government also thought if they took weed away from the mexicans they would produce more on the job (not kidding). it really comes down to ignorance, nothing more.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:59 pm 

Chus wrote:

Spaulding wrote:
I don't know that it's a good thing.

What isn't a good thing?

That people are coming around, I don't think that's great. It sounds like you've been doing it for a long time so it doesn't effect things that you are aware of. It also sounds like you might be different from what I would consider most people if what you say your reasons for doing it are true.

I also think alcohol has a varied effect on people and you can control its effect to a degree. I don't think with drugs you can do that.

If you ever do go off it for any reasons I hope you have no issues.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:01 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:

I'm a libertarian so I think pot should be legal, just like alcohol, cigarettes, trans fats, or any other substances which some people have problems with. Just don't liken it to camomile tea or something.

ALL I WANT TO DO IS GET HOME CLOSE THE DOOR AND DRINK CAMOMILE TEA ALL NIGHT LONG!

Being a so-called libertarian clearly doesn't give you any particular level of insight, as I don't see anyone (sensibly) saying "weed is good", nevermind your completely manufactured equivalency to Chamomile tea.

By the way, has anti-inflammatory properties ... which when used at the same time as, say, Cumidin, can have rather negative effects on the body, so it's not like Chamomile is completely immune from situations where it's not the best idea for some people, just like marijuanna .... some people can use it and be fine, some can't.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:01 pm 

mjwillis wrote:
[
I go fishing alot and guess what I don't want to do every single trip I take... go back to work.

This is the truth. The entire time share scheme is based on people thinking life can be like a vacation if they live where they vacation.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:02 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:

i think we all understand your point. doing illegal things can have repercussions for others especially family. ill go back to my point though, in russia they made discussions of homosexuality illegal. does that mean gay people should now be heterosexual because they put family members in danger for being gay?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:03 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
I also think alcohol has a varied effect on people and you can control its effect to a degree. I don't think with drugs you can do that.

That's just a dreadful couple of sentences.

Alcohol isn't a drug now?

People can inherently control the effects of their drinking?

No, no, no. Completely wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:03 pm 

bosco wrote:

Well first off let me say I'm no expert on this I'm just going off what I've heard from certain people who are in the know

That just doesn't seem realistic. Cops are not looking to take down weed dealers like their moving heroin. Its just a violation now. You get caught, they give you your bill, you pay it and its over .

I mean the dealers I'm talking about sell to like 15-20 people. Its not a massive operation. But I can't see a situation where you get caught with a small amount of weed and cops try to find the source

Again, I could be way off and my examples are from the suburbs fwiw

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:04 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:

No I think it's more personal experience. I think too many would use it to self medicate. I don't think people should use booze to do it either. It's not good. I suppose from time to time maybe it's how people cope with something, but day in day out waiting for 6pm for anything to alter their natural state...I don't know, sounds bad.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:04 pm 

Spaulding wrote:

that is colossally wrong. alcohol is a drug, there is no difference. actually, alcohol is a toxin, while marijuana is non-toxic by definition. if anything, people should say "weed and drugs" not "drugs and alcohol"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next