It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
IkeSouth wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
I would at this point - only because it's "illegal" - not exactly embrace those who would choose to partake of it if they have a wife and family ONLY because getting 'caught' just means a real pain in the ass not just for them, but by association the family at home.

I'll just go ahead and use Chus as an example as I'm quite certain he won't lose his shit because I used his name and I'm confident in his ability to accurately comphrend what others write.

I don't have any problem with Chus using weed. I don't think he's some dreg of society because he uses marijuanna. I am only slightly perplexed because it seems that, as a rational fella, he would refrain so as not to risk causing "sadness" (just a catch-all term, no special meaning behind it) for the wife and/or kids by potentially having a pop who got busted doing something that for irrational reasons is illegal BUT - and here's the distinction a few of us apparently less bright amongst us willingly refuse to recognize - it's illegal all the same.

To take it further, I wouldn't think Chus was a bad person if he DID get popped for useage, I would just hope he'd curtail if not cut-off further usage, or, at the very least, re-double his efforts to be cautious or get a damned prescription next year. :lol:

i think we all understand your point. doing illegal things can have repercussions for others especially family. ill go back to my point though, in russia they made discussions of homosexuality illegal. does that mean gay people should now be heterosexual because they put family members in danger for being gay?

Your point is fucking stupid.

A man loving a man / woman loving a woman has nothing to do with picking up a fucking plant to smoke. The fact that you're still trying to push this idea and nobody has called you on it tells me that nobody is reading what you write or they've written you off and are better able to ignore your abject stupidity much better than I can.

Quit with your pathetic search for excuses to the choices you make.

100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Mac should have stuck with caffeine.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
3M, i guess, and the wood pulp paper industry was afraid of hemp taking them out.

but don't forget that dupont had this vision of draping the world in its own patented synthetic fabric..... polyester. and they too lobbied hard for the propaganda/illegality.

and the 70's chock full of leisure suits thank dupont for their bold vision!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:07 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
I would suggest that's not based on anything real or concrete, just the ghosts of utter fallacies pounded into your (and everyone's) head for way, way too long now ... all starting because (iirc) 3M didn't want to lose any of their paper-related income to hemp.

No I think it's more personal experience. I think too many would use it to self medicate. I don't think people should use booze to do it either. It's not good. I suppose from time to time maybe it's how people cope with something, but day in day out waiting for 6pm for anything to alter their natural state...I don't know, sounds bad.

why do you care though? im being serious.... if 'those people' arent effecting anyone else, how is it your concern? how many people have beaten the shit out of their wives because they were stoned?

Spaulding wrote:
Chus wrote:

Spaulding wrote:
I don't know that it's a good thing.

What isn't a good thing?

That people are coming around, I don't think that's great. It sounds like you've been doing it for a long time so it doesn't effect things that you are aware of. It also sounds like you might be different from what I would consider most people if what you say your reasons for doing it are true.

I also think alcohol has a varied effect on people and you can control its effect to a degree. I don't think with drugs you can do that.

If you ever do go off it for any reasons I hope you have no issues.

Spaulding, I think you're just way off in your perception of weed and those who use it vs reality.

I used to be very much in line with what you're saying though so I get it.

IkeSouth wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
I've asked before and been ignored or passed over but for those of you that smoke weed, why do you do it?

i think its because, for me, the very reason mac opened up with today- the need to be alone. i can never shake that feeling... no matter how much fun im having, or how many people are around me (a few or a lot), i always end up wanting to be alone. weed is a wonderful thing when youre alone too, it keeps you focused on whatever is in front of you, and you dont think about the people who aren't there (and the things that stresses you out about them).

it took me a long time to realize i am not a socialite. i used to always throw parties, talk to people on the phone... but over time i just realized i felt more relaxed when nobody was around. nobody was judging me. nobody was being stupid. nobody was asking for a cigarette. i dont know, it could just be that i never met very good friends, but people like don tiny are everywhere and it just drives me crazy.

There is nothing wrong with liking to be alone. I would say there is a problem if you are alone but hate being alone and can do nothing about it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Don Tiny wrote:
Being a so-called libertarian clearly doesn't give you any particular level of insight,

No but it implies I don't give a fuck if you smoke pot or not. Just like I don't care if you sit in your basement and drink a six pack. I don't find one more inherently "morally" acceptable.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:08 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:

Your point is fucking stupid.

A man loving a man / woman loving a woman has nothing to do with picking up a fucking plant to smoke.

THEYRE BOTH ILLEGAL IN SOME PLACES, WHICH, BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION IS THE ONLY REASON IT MATTERS. fuckin idiot! jeezus christ!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:09 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
There is nothing wrong with liking to be alone. I would say there is a problem if you are alone but hate being alone and can do nothing about it.

i get that feeling once in a great while... i just call someone to hang out :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Don Tiny wrote:

That's just a dreadful couple of sentences.

Alcohol isn't a drug now?

People can inherently control the effects of their drinking?

No, no, no. Completely wrong.

You know what is dreadful? The way you talk to people.

Alcohol is a drug. But yeah I think he can be controlled. I don't drink myself into a drunken stupor every night. There are times I go to a party and I have a drink and it hits me so I switch to water. There are times I have 2 drinks and I feel nothing because I've eaten that day or I'm hydrated. There are times I stop mid drink because I don't want to be buzzed. I have a choice, the alcohol does not control me.

I don't feel that way with other drugs. You get and are going for that high or you are not.

Thought you of all, the smartest of smart people, would be able to figure that out from what I was posting but obviously not.

So in closing no no no completely wrong, you.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:10 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
I would suggest that's not based on anything real or concrete, just the ghosts of utter fallacies pounded into your (and everyone's) head for way, way too long now ... all starting because (iirc) 3M didn't want to lose any of their paper-related income to hemp.

No I think it's more personal experience. I think too many would use it to self medicate. I don't think people should use booze to do it either. It's not good. I suppose from time to time maybe it's how people cope with something, but day in day out waiting for 6pm for anything to alter their natural state...I don't know, sounds bad.

For you this may well be true, I have no reason to think otherwise.

I don't happen to dig it myself either.

Neither personal anecdote means anything to anyone else anywhere. It means something personal, but that's it. To apply it outward is irresponsible.

If and when (heavy on the 'if') I find myself in a situation where it is available to me, it's legal, and I think it's a safe environment and situation (e.g., I'm know where I am, who I'm with, and I won't need to, say, drive home shortly thereafter), I fully expect I'll give it another whirl. Maybe I'll like it; maybe I'll concurr with my current position that it's not for me. I don't know what the outcome will be.

What I do know is that doing it in any other situation (not safe, not legal) is a really dumb choice for me, and that thinking that because I'm not keen on something that has no discernably negative effect on anyone else therefore should be wrong is just the height of hubris and being selfish.

Last edited by Don Tiny on Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:11 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
day in day out waiting for 6pm for anything to alter their natural state...I don't know, sounds bad.

Absolutely. And there are way more drinkers than smokers who fit that description.

Its all bad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:13 pm 

6PM? WTF are you guys waiting for??

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
rogers park bryan wrote:
bosco wrote:

IMO The issue with weed is not using it, it's purchasing it. It sucks because you can put yourself in a really bad situation. I don't care how well you know your guy - shit can still hit the fan. And if you're in a situation where you need to name names (I know, nobody talks) BUT let's just say it happens and your guy gets busted because of you, you're potentially putting your family at risk (I know, long shot, but still)

Well first off let me say I'm no expert on this I'm just going off what I've heard from certain people who are in the know

That just doesn't seem realistic. Cops are not looking to take down weed dealers like their moving heroin. Its just a violation now. You get caught, they give you your bill, you pay it and its over .

I mean the dealers I'm talking about sell to like 15-20 people. Its not a massive operation. But I can't see a situation where you get caught with a small amount of weed and cops try to find the source

Again, I could be way off and my examples are from the suburbs fwiw

Well, a lot of family men aren't picking up an 1/8 every two weeks, they're buying OZ's, and an OZ's not a slap on the wrist. You're going to be questioned and the consequences are not a simple $200 fine.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:14 pm 

Spaulding wrote:

Alcohol is a drug. But yeah I think he can be controlled. I don't drink myself into a drunken stupor every night. There are times I go to a party and I have a drink and it hits me so I switch to water. There are times I have 2 drinks and I feel nothing because I've eaten that day or I'm hydrated. There are times I stop mid drink because I don't want to be buzzed. I have a choice, the alcohol does not control me.

I don't feel that way with other drugs. You get and are going for that high or you are not.

Thought you of all, the smartest of smart people, would be able to figure that out from what I was posting but obviously not.

spaulding, all due respect you are completely wrong about this. alcohol is scientifically MUCH harder to control then marijuana. you cant dispute that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:15 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

That's just a dreadful couple of sentences.

Alcohol isn't a drug now?

People can inherently control the effects of their drinking?

No, no, no. Completely wrong.

You will find nothing - absolutely nothing - in the way of objective studies that will suggest your opinion has any merit any more than we will find objective studies showing that the moon is made of green cheese. That, young lady, is a fact.

It's not a personal attack, so get over it.

pizza_Place: Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders
Hatchetman wrote:
So weed is so good, you don't mind the fact you can't hold a good job nor do you mind supporting the murderous underworld that supplies it? Must be a helluva drug! :lol:

Wouldn't legalization minimize a lot of that element?

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
rogers park bryan wrote:
People smoke for the same reasons people drink

To relax, take the edge off, catch a slight buzz

I don't really understand how people who drink can question it (outside of the understandable legal issues)

There's a thread on here a million pages long detailing peoples drinking.

4 posters

1 Dr
1 rapper
1 phish fan
1 wu fan

They all sit down at the end of their day, make up their edge taker-offer, and post brilliance on the board

I'm just saying its not as different as some think.

You are wise, my friend.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:16 pm 

I am completely square.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:17 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
day in day out waiting for 6pm for anything to alter their natural state...I don't know, sounds bad.

Absolutely. And there are way more drinkers than smokers who fit that description.

Its all bad

wake and baking is a time honored tradition.... whereas there's far more shame attached to something like a 40oz for breakfast (to get a brother through the day)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
RFDC wrote:
Chus wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Chus wrote:
I view it exactly the same as having a drink or two after work.

Fact that it is illegal puts it in different area, doesn't it?

It's illegal to drink and drive, yet people do that. Drunk drivers put others at risk. I'm not harming anybody in my garage or basement.

Weed is legal in two states, and may be legalized by as many as 7 more in 2014. People are finally coming to their senses on this issue.

Thats cool. I get that things are changing. I do not feel strongly enough either way to really invest much time in the discussion.

Just seems to me that if something is illegal, no matter how it is justified, it is still to be viewed in a different way than legal things.

I hear what you are saying, but they aren't going to throw the book at me for a few grams of ganja.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:18 pm 

Makalu G wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
So weed is so good, you don't mind the fact you can't hold a good job nor do you mind supporting the murderous underworld that supplies it? Must be a helluva drug! :lol:

no you cant legalize it because its illegal. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
good dolphin wrote:
I am completely square.

You need drugs!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
ikesouth wrote:

why do you care though? im being serious.... if 'those people' arent effecting anyone else, how is it your concern? how many people have beaten the shit out of their wives because they were stoned?

I think it has to be a sad and lonely existence. There is a difference between being alone and being lonely. It makes me sad, not sure why. Maybe because my friend committed suicide and it kind of haunts me, maybe because those people are not realizing their potential, idk. It bugs me when people hurt, it always has. Especially if they don't have the tools or are really trying but just floundering.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:20 pm 

Chus wrote:
I hear what you are saying, but they aren't going to throw the book at me for a few grams of ganja.

then don't go to the united arab emirates. they'll do it there.... ask grooverider.

Chus wrote:

even a couple ounces, while they will arrest you for a felony, is really easy to get dropped to a misdemeanor.

that said, its sad that its a crime at all. a fucking plant that grows out of the ground. the only reason murderous gangs are supported by marijuana sales is because the law itself.

100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
good dolphin wrote:
I am completely square.
I'd say you're more oval.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Hatchetman wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Being a so-called libertarian clearly doesn't give you any particular level of insight,

No but it implies I don't give a fuck if you smoke pot or not. Just like I don't care if you sit in your basement and drink a six pack. I don't find one more inherently "morally" acceptable.

Yet you implicitly offered your moral take on it visa vis Chamomile Tea, no? So you do, in fact, have a morally gradient view of weed. Most people do, one way or the other ... just don't pretend you have some enlightened view because you can usually spell Ayn Rand correctly.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:21 pm 

Makalu G wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Of course!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:21 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
ikesouth wrote:

I think it has to be a sad and lonely existence. There is a difference between being alone and being lonely. It makes me sad, not sure why. Maybe because my friend committed suicide and it kind of haunts me, maybe because those people are not realizing their potential, idk. It bugs me when people hurt, it always has. Especially if they don't have the tools or are really trying but just floundering.

you had a stoner friend who killed themselves? who do you mean by "those people" ??

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next