It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:16 pm 

I am completely square.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
rogers park bryan wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
day in day out waiting for 6pm for anything to alter their natural state...I don't know, sounds bad.

Absolutely. And there are way more drinkers than smokers who fit that description.

Its all bad

wake and baking is a time honored tradition.... whereas there's far more shame attached to something like a 40oz for breakfast (to get a brother through the day)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
RFDC wrote:
Chus wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Chus wrote:
I view it exactly the same as having a drink or two after work.

Fact that it is illegal puts it in different area, doesn't it?

It's illegal to drink and drive, yet people do that. Drunk drivers put others at risk. I'm not harming anybody in my garage or basement.

Weed is legal in two states, and may be legalized by as many as 7 more in 2014. People are finally coming to their senses on this issue.

Thats cool. I get that things are changing. I do not feel strongly enough either way to really invest much time in the discussion.

Just seems to me that if something is illegal, no matter how it is justified, it is still to be viewed in a different way than legal things.

I hear what you are saying, but they aren't going to throw the book at me for a few grams of ganja.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:18 pm 

Makalu G wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
So weed is so good, you don't mind the fact you can't hold a good job nor do you mind supporting the murderous underworld that supplies it? Must be a helluva drug! :lol:

Wouldn't legalization minimize a lot of that element?

no you cant legalize it because its illegal. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
good dolphin wrote:
I am completely square.

You need drugs!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
ikesouth wrote:

why do you care though? im being serious.... if 'those people' arent effecting anyone else, how is it your concern? how many people have beaten the shit out of their wives because they were stoned?

I think it has to be a sad and lonely existence. There is a difference between being alone and being lonely. It makes me sad, not sure why. Maybe because my friend committed suicide and it kind of haunts me, maybe because those people are not realizing their potential, idk. It bugs me when people hurt, it always has. Especially if they don't have the tools or are really trying but just floundering.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:20 pm 

Chus wrote:
I hear what you are saying, but they aren't going to throw the book at me for a few grams of ganja.

then don't go to the united arab emirates. they'll do it there.... ask grooverider.

Chus wrote:

even a couple ounces, while they will arrest you for a felony, is really easy to get dropped to a misdemeanor.

that said, its sad that its a crime at all. a fucking plant that grows out of the ground. the only reason murderous gangs are supported by marijuana sales is because the law itself.

100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
good dolphin wrote:
I am completely square.
I'd say you're more oval.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Hatchetman wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Being a so-called libertarian clearly doesn't give you any particular level of insight,

No but it implies I don't give a fuck if you smoke pot or not. Just like I don't care if you sit in your basement and drink a six pack. I don't find one more inherently "morally" acceptable.

Yet you implicitly offered your moral take on it visa vis Chamomile Tea, no? So you do, in fact, have a morally gradient view of weed. Most people do, one way or the other ... just don't pretend you have some enlightened view because you can usually spell Ayn Rand correctly.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Makalu G wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
So weed is so good, you don't mind the fact you can't hold a good job nor do you mind supporting the murderous underworld that supplies it? Must be a helluva drug! :lol:

Wouldn't legalization minimize a lot of that element?

Of course!

Spaulding wrote:
ikesouth wrote:

why do you care though? im being serious.... if 'those people' arent effecting anyone else, how is it your concern? how many people have beaten the shit out of their wives because they were stoned?

I think it has to be a sad and lonely existence. There is a difference between being alone and being lonely. It makes me sad, not sure why. Maybe because my friend committed suicide and it kind of haunts me, maybe because those people are not realizing their potential, idk. It bugs me when people hurt, it always has. Especially if they don't have the tools or are really trying but just floundering.

you had a stoner friend who killed themselves? who do you mean by "those people" ??

Spaulding wrote:
ikesouth wrote:

but you do understand what is right for you is not the same for others... i love being alone, but i hate being lonely. i dont feel lonely at all... i might go a week without talking to a single friend but it doesnt bother me abit. i would feel worse if i had to talk and deal with friends every single day... that would be like having a job to me :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:23 pm 

bosco wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
bosco wrote:

IMO The issue with weed is not using it, it's purchasing it. It sucks because you can put yourself in a really bad situation. I don't care how well you know your guy - shit can still hit the fan. And if you're in a situation where you need to name names (I know, nobody talks) BUT let's just say it happens and your guy gets busted because of you, you're potentially putting your family at risk (I know, long shot, but still)

Well first off let me say I'm no expert on this I'm just going off what I've heard from certain people who are in the know

That just doesn't seem realistic. Cops are not looking to take down weed dealers like their moving heroin. Its just a violation now. You get caught, they give you your bill, you pay it and its over .

I mean the dealers I'm talking about sell to like 15-20 people. Its not a massive operation. But I can't see a situation where you get caught with a small amount of weed and cops try to find the source

Again, I could be way off and my examples are from the suburbs fwiw

Well, a lot of family men aren't picking up an 1/8 every two weeks, they're buying OZ's, and an OZ's not a slap on the wrist. You're going to be questioned and the consequences are not a simple $200 fine.

That's certainly true. The law as it is now definitely takes it a lot easier on small amounts

Buying anything over a quarter is increasing risk.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:24 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
So weed is so good, you don't mind the fact you can't hold a good job

I have held several good jobs. It has never been an issue. I don't smoke before or during work. I use it responsibly.

Hatchetman wrote:
nor do you mind supporting the murderous underworld that supplies it? Must be a helluva drug! :lol:

Do you really believe this? This is right at the top as far as silly anti-pot propaganda goes, and does nothing but hinder rational discourse on the issue.

The stuff going around these days, is grown in somebody's basement by normal people. People who have families and jobs. I don't deal with gangsters.

I don't know anybody who smokes the brown ditch weed from Mexico.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:25 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Yet you implicitly offered your moral take on it visa vis Chamomile Tea, no? .

That was not my intention at all. Only to point out that people crave/love that shit just like booze or whatever else your mind altering substance of choice is.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:26 pm 

Because I'd like a frame of reference ...

Let's assume one is going to roll a "standard" non Cheech and Chong joint. How many ounces is that?

I just have no idea how to judge the pricing vs amount of product.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I am completely square.
I'd say you're more oval.

He's round.

Hatchetman wrote:

No but it implies I don't give a fuck if you smoke pot or not. Just like I don't care if you sit in your basement and drink a six pack. I don't find one more inherently "morally" acceptable.

That's mostly how I feel but sad for the people that do it because they are unhappy.

Those people = the people that Ike asked about, why I care what people do, sini. As far as I knew no my friend was not into anything.

Chus wrote:

i dont either, but high school was 15 years ago:D

someone is smoking it. didnt they just nabbed 15 tons or something in la? a whole semi full of brick weed and the driver didnt even know it.

If you're still reading this thread sober, rakim love ya!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:27 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Yet you implicitly offered your moral take on it visa vis Chamomile Tea, no? .

That was not my intention at all. Only to point out that people crave/love that shit just like booze or whatever else your mind altering substance of choice is.

Then I'm at a loss as to why you introduced the strawman statement "don't liken it to Chamomile Tea".

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:27 pm 

8)

<º)))><

Last edited by Chus on Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:28 pm 

bosco wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
bosco wrote:

IMO The issue with weed is not using it, it's purchasing it. It sucks because you can put yourself in a really bad situation. I don't care how well you know your guy - shit can still hit the fan. And if you're in a situation where you need to name names (I know, nobody talks) BUT let's just say it happens and your guy gets busted because of you, you're potentially putting your family at risk (I know, long shot, but still)

Well first off let me say I'm no expert on this I'm just going off what I've heard from certain people who are in the know

That just doesn't seem realistic. Cops are not looking to take down weed dealers like their moving heroin. Its just a violation now. You get caught, they give you your bill, you pay it and its over .

I mean the dealers I'm talking about sell to like 15-20 people. Its not a massive operation. But I can't see a situation where you get caught with a small amount of weed and cops try to find the source

Again, I could be way off and my examples are from the suburbs fwiw

Well, a lot of family men aren't picking up an 1/8 every two weeks, they're buying OZ's, and an OZ's not a slap on the wrist. You're going to be questioned and the consequences are not a simple $200 fine.

I think you've been watching too many Dragnet reruns.

Spaulding wrote:
That's mostly how I feel but sad for the people that do it because they are unhappy.

Those people = the people that Ike asked about, why I care what people do, sini. As far as I knew no my friend was not into anything.

people that are unhappy will do anything that makes them feel better. girls whore themselves out or become strippers, guys do drugs or get into bar fights... it really doesnt matter what the crux is, and thats why you cant blame weed or any of the remedies... blame the problem.

Don Tiny wrote:
Then I'm at a loss as to why you introduced the strawman statement "don't liken it to Chamomile Tea".

Jeeeezus man, I don't think chamomile tea is a mind altering substance UNLIKE POT. maybe I am wrong. It certainly didn't do much for me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:29 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
Chus wrote:

someone is smoking it. didnt they just nabbed 15 tons or something in la? a whole semi full of brick weed and the driver didnt even know it.

I would think that nobody is smoking it if they got 15 tons of the stuff. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:29 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
If you're still reading this thread sober, rakim love ya!

its been one hell of a mac tribute thread, hasnt it!??!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:30 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
but you do understand what is right for you is not the same for others... i love being alone, but i hate being lonely. i dont feel lonely at all... i might go a week without talking to a single friend but it doesnt bother me abit. i would feel worse if i had to talk and deal with friends every single day... that would be like having a job to me :D

Alright, but I gotta tell ya Ike you don't always sound happy on here. I love ya though. This might be as social as you want but you seem to like because you keep coming back here.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:30 pm 

bosco wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
IMO driving after a few beers is a way bigger risk than the biggest risk that comes from smoking weed

If you had the choice between a dui and getting caught with a personal amount of weed or dui....obviously the weed is a 200$ fine and the dui ruins your life for a few years

Its a weird thing now. One is completely illegal but abusing the the legal one is a far worse transgression in the eyes of the law

That is a concern for dealers, not small time users. I don't have enough to get locked up, so this situation wouldn't present itself.

My wife and kids are the most important concern, in every choice that I make.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:31 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
Chus wrote:

I would think that nobody is smoking it if they got 15 tons of the stuff. :lol:

i thought the same thing. first reaction was "wow its going to be dry". then i remember the documentaries ive seen where the DEA themselves claim they only get 1/10th of whats out there, at BEST. so that 15 tons? peanuts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next