It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:46 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
huh?

and consider the mountain of irony that comes with ME of all people saying that =P

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Pappy's Crappy wrote:
It's such a warm, feel-good holiday message for us all that a lazy, no-talent malcontent can keep getting second, third, fourth . . . chances to do a Chicago sports radio show and keep demonstrating exactly just how lazy, untalented, and malconent he is. It's a wonderful life, isn't it?

You are 100% correct. I used to be a big fan of Mac,, but like most addicts he doesn't give a shit about work.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Spaulding wrote:
Chus wrote:
I enjoy it. I enjoyed other drugs when I was younger, but I knew I would be better off discontinuing their usage, so I stopped using them years ago.

I don't smoke all day long, as I have responsibilities with my children. What's the big deal if I fire it up at night, or on the weekend? It hasn't affected anything in my life. It has never affected a job, or my duties as a husband and father. I view it exactly the same as having a drink or two after work. Society is coming around, as well.

I don't know that it's a good thing. Have you ever stopped for a length of time to see if there is a difference? Or what's the driving reason behind it? Makes you happier, something to do, just like it?

Darkside...have you noticed a difference, better or worse?

No. I feel almost exactly the same. Probably drinking slightly more. But I've been off the reefer for almost 2 years now with the exception of a few occasions I could count on one hand.
I do enjoy it though. I can smoke one and get on my guitar and just play man for hours. That, I will admit, is different big time. Playing after a smoke feels so fluid and natural and just like I think my music and my hands play it. More thought is required in a sober state. It's the only thing I can say is different.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:13 pm 

i'm pretty sure i nailed the description of the feeling/s you get when smoking weed, however my longform multiple-paragraph format = nobody wanted to read all that so they'd rather yell at each other up and back and talk about dead homies (*pours some out*) rather than bite the 1-2 minute bullet and get the truth from me.

c'est la vie. the irony is that ppl don't read my stuff and slag me off cuz the length = i'm obviously on drugs, yet when the actual conversational topic IS drugs people don't even bother to check it out. again, c'est la vie.

TL;DR = weed is more of a perspective shift than an euphoria-inducing state of intoxication.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

I thought the phony POS was depressed? Sounds like he was high most of the time.
Maybe he got depressed when he realized he didn't have enough to say F it and go live in a cabin.
This isn't the first OR LAST time this addict disappears and comes back "Recovered" What Bull Shit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:31 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Score is doomed wrote:
I thought the phony POS was depressed?

Apparently you thought wrong. Sucks to be you.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:45 pm 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I am completely square.

You need drugs!

The whole conversation is pretty foreign to me. I wake up early in the morning. I come home after a double digit work day. After I eat, most nights are spent on homework, coaching or going to games. That usually takes me into the 9 pm hour. I have to get to sleep soon after that just to get enough sleep so I am not dog tired the next day. There is almost no time to squeeze this into my day. Even if there was, I cannot remember the last time I have ever followed up a tough day and thought to myself "well I need a drink". It really never even enters the equation. Even last week where I had two social events on the weekend where high end alcohol was available for free I didn't feel the need.

I'm hardly against drinking. I certainly don't look down on it when appropriate. It's just kind of outside of ability to grasp the NEED for it.

I'm there with you. I've always been a guy that likes to have a drink but there isn't enough time in the day. The last time I probably had a drink was when I met you all and I can't recall my last drink before then. I probably get about 5 hours of sleep or less most days and some nights I wake up at about 4 to try to get a jump start on the day before I have to get the kids up for school. I don't drink coffee either. Now that they are going to be out for a couple of weeks I'll be able to squeeze a drink or 2 in.

Wtf?

You were an every night guy?

Thankfulky we have Hatchetman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:56 pm 

Score is doomed wrote:
I thought the phony POS was depressed? Sounds like he was high most of the time.
Maybe he got depressed when he realized he didn't have enough to say F it and go live in a cabin.
This isn't the first OR LAST time this addict disappears and comes back "Recovered" What Bull Shit

dude, i can't picture dan being high on the air.... if you're well into 6 figures on a major CBS radio station you're not exactly going to sneak into the bathroom with a can of ozium just so you can smoke a oney and get away with it.... if his weed is any good you'd totally notice the change in his personality after he smoked. so that said i believe him that he'd get home and roll one up ASAP, depending on whether or not he had the balls to smoke and drive.... but i'm guessing that given his public job he wasn't going to risk getting caught up on the roadways, especially after what happened to the mayor of skokie's BFF.

like i said, i bet you that with alcohol already blacklisted as PUBLIC ENEMY #1 in his life he found weed to be a socially/acceptable means of "getting right" and when he first started smoking he was whapped upside the head with some perspective that made him think "wow i'm a dumbass. i should be doing things differently" but instead of being proactive and addressing the problems he chose to slink off into the pain pills/pharmie-heroin, which is where it's much much easier to get isolated from everyone and everything cuz it's way easier to accept a life decreasing in quality when you've got a crapload of dopamine coursing through your system 24/7/365.

so yeah, it wouldn't surprise me in the end if the whole drug/depression angle was played up to cover the fact that there was something screwy going on with his contract/renewal, and the station was quick to get russ mitera to cut some spiegel and holmes big voiced bumpers, so yeah, i reckon there's more to it than we heard on the air.... but trust me in saying that after awhile it's much much easier to slag off all of your problems/shortcomings on "[your] disease" than it is to man up and tell everyone that you're a fucking dumbass who needs to do better at life.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:24 pm 
Scorehead wrote:
Pappy's Crappy wrote:
It's such a warm, feel-good holiday message for us all that a lazy, no-talent malcontent can keep getting second, third, fourth . . . chances to do a Chicago sports radio show and keep demonstrating exactly just how lazy, untalented, and malconent he is. It's a wonderful life, isn't it?

You are 100% correct. I used to be a big fan of Mac,, but like most addicts he doesn't give a shit about work.

Would you care to tell us again how Mac is never coming back to The Score?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:25 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Pappy's Crappy wrote:

Would you care to tell us again how Mac is never coming back to The Score?

:lol: yeah imagine that ole scorehead wrong again

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I didn't think he'd be back, partially because he doesn't seem to want to.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:32 pm 
I wasn't sure he would be back either. Despite the initial denials by Meat, anybody with common sense had to figure Mac's absence was related to his ongoing struggles with substance. Now we at least know what Meat's tweet about "legal" stuff meant. HIPPA is pretty clear that they can't talk about it unless they have permission.

I hope that we hear Mac's voice on the air for a long time, but a happy, healthy Mac is much more important than us having him on our radios every day.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:28 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Scorehead wrote:
Pappy's Crappy wrote:

I like Mac, you should sample sports talk elsewhere..... I'm in Tampa and it's horrid! Mac would own this area with absolutely no competition.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:42 am 

Score is doomed wrote:

He is probably doing it because he WAS depressed. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:55 am 

Kind of interesting that if you look at the comments section after the Tribune story on Mac's return, you see so much Holmes love and Mac hate--rather different than one is accustomed to seeing on the CSFMB. Wonder why? Vastly different demographic, I suppose.

As for me, I've never been a fan of Mac's work, so I'm biased, but I was thinking (hoping?) that this was the time for the Score to move on. With so many interesting sports topics out there these days, time to move on from 8-tracks, stories of weed-smoking at 70's rock concerts, lame parody songs, and discussions of how he did on his weekend "investments" led by a guy who has had multiple suspension, anger, and addiction issues in the past. But, I guess not. Oh, well, that's why they make radios with TFB's you can P.

Oh, and Mac, if it's true you said you knew you had a problem when you didn't want to go back to work the Monday after a vacation and had thoughts of retiring to a quiet cabin in the woods, then join the 99.9% of the rest of the world who has felt the same way. You're not special or unique.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:05 pm 

allright all i gotta say is nobody should give a fuck. smokin a bowl after work is nothing. takin the pills is something, but it doesnt effect your brain- it doesnt make you say fucked up things it just relaxes you so who gives a fuck. im jelous as shit mac has a high paying job he can still do drugs on, but good for him. hes like a pro athlete. remember, phelps smoked weed during his run, didnt effect him much. i feel sorry that mac had to stop because of his job, this is the fucked up world we live in. the guy has been doing it for 40 years and now he has to stop because someone else will do his job sober? even if they do that job worse? fuck that. mac isnt doing a life or death job, hes an entertainer and if you want a clean laugh then listen to low hoe at 6pm bitches.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:

I am just so grateful that I am not you nor do I have a pathetic life like yours.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:08 pm 

Score is doomed wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:

I am just so grateful that I am not you nor do I have a pathetic life like yours.

be nice or take drugs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

Well, now you know why they moved so fast to change the name of the show. Mac told Mitch to "Find another monkey". Once Zim heard that he ordered the name change and for everybody to pretend that Mac doesn't exist. I'm sure that's how it went down. Makes sense from a business stand point.

So the name change wasn't the slap in the face that some of you thought it was. It was actually Mac that slapped Mitch in the face with that comment.

But it looks like Mitch fought for Mac in the end.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:48 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Well, now you know why they moved so fast to change the name of the show. Mac told Mitch to "Find another monkey". Once Zim heard that he ordered the name change and for everybody to pretend that Mac doesn't exist. I'm sure that's how it went down. Makes sense from a business stand point.

So the name change wasn't the slap in the face that some of you thought it was. It was actually Mac that slapped Mitch in the face with that comment.

But it looks like Mitch fought for Mac in the end.

um... mac over dramad it. if it really went down that way he would have got the mike north treatment.

he probably told zim that he was depressed and needed time to regroup. zim probably told him it might cost him the job, and mac said find another dancer a little tongue in cheek. after a few weeks, low hoe made the show so bad the score begged mac to get his head out of his ass and show up to work.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Weed code?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:36 pm 

I'm surprised Mac came back to the old time slot. I thought Schnore management renaming the show was the nail in the coffin. Maybe the Larry feedback was so decidedly negative that Mitch and Zim threw a life raft to the Mackeyfish. Or Mac did a mea culpa and went into their office hat in hand and begged for his job back. Hard to imagine that possibility but the Score was certainly giving off the impression that they had moved on from Mac. Maybe there was a heartfelt act of contrition.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Zizou wrote:
I'm surprised Mac came back to the old time slot. I thought Schnore management renaming the show was the nail in the coffin. Maybe the Larry feedback was so decidedly negative that Mitch and Zim threw a life raft to the Mackeyfish. Or Mac did a mea culpa and went into their office hat in hand and begged for his job back. Hard to imagine that possibility but the Score was certainly giving off the impression that they had moved on from Mac. Maybe there was a heartfelt act of contrition.

Maybe all of the above.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Weed code?

Weed Code (n.) (a/k/a Budshido). The unwritten rules of being a stoner. i.e. the practice of upholding the sacred nature of the mystical gift of the cannabis sativa plant and all of its miraculous derivatives.

Example: Mac broke Weed Code when he blamed smoking marijuana for the problems he was having with job and life satisfaction and showing up to work, when he really should have been pointing the finger at them fuckin' gross ass, mass-murderer-making, man-made pills he was popping.

:roll:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:49 pm 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Weed code?

Weed Code (n.) (a/k/a Budshido). The unwritten rules of being a stoner. i.e. the practice of upholding the sacred nature of the mystical gift of the cannabis sativa plant and all of its miraculous derivatives.

Example: Mac broke Weed Code when he blamed smoking marijuana for the problems he was having with job and life satisfaction and showing up to work, when he really should have been pointing the finger at them fuckin' gross ass, mass-murderer-making, man-made pills he was popping.

gay way to put it but its not wrong

nobody should blame weed for anything. it would be like saying sex ruined your life. no, dumbass, the kids and that person with the thing between her legs are what fucked everything up.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Though I've been playfully mocking Finfer a little bit about Mac's return, he really is the most thrilled about it. No doubt. Cuz Mac said yesterday Finfer and him are doing the Christmas Eve show. So he's back to being Mac's permanent guest host for Spiegel. I doubt Larry would have had him as his guy. Spiegel's "go to" guy is Rozner.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:58 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Though I've been playfully mocking Finfer a little bit about Mac's return, he really is the most thrilled about it. No doubt. Cuz Mac said yesterday Finfer and him are doing the Christmas Eve show. So he's back to being Mac's permanent guest host for Spiegel. I doubt Larry would have had him as his guy. Spiegel's "go to" guy is Rozner.

nobody cares

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Rhino9 wrote:
Welcome back Mac!

I haven't smoked since I was in college, when I smoked regularly. Once I graduated I just quit. I think pot should be legalized, but it is not right now, so I don't touch it due to not wanting to possibly be arrested and have my name out there as a "user". I'll stick with my relaxant of beer.

You're smart. WTF is a 50 year old Father and Husband doing sitting in his gazebo smoking weed and popping pills? Dumbass.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:58 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Rhino9 wrote:
Welcome back Mac!

I haven't smoked since I was in college, when I smoked regularly. Once I graduated I just quit. I think pot should be legalized, but it is not right now, so I don't touch it due to not wanting to possibly be arrested and have my name out there as a "user". I'll stick with my relaxant of beer.

You're smart. WTF is a 50 year old Father and Husband doing sitting in his gazebo smoking weed and popping pills? Dumbass.

That';s what I don't get. His profession must accept it more than mine would, obviously. I know I don't want to bring that sort of shame on my daughter and wife, having to deal with the whispers and nasty stuff said. It's just not worth it to me, regardless of if it should be legalized or not, at this point it is illegal, so not worth the possible trouble.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I think Sini put it perfectly. The green stuff changes your perspective. "High" is almost an incorrect phrase, IMO. Many people can't even tell if they are "high" because it is that subtle. The world would probably be a better place if more did. Disclaimer: I haven't done it for years, but I know very well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next