It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hub
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Taco Bell Mexican Pizza...mmmmm
What the hell was Hub talking about?

First he says the failures of the defense aren't on Mel Tucker, then two minutes later he says Trestman needs to be held responsible for the defense like Lovie was the offense. How the hell does Trestman get held accountable for the defense but Tucker doesn't?

Then Hub says that Tucker came to the Bears with credentials. Having a last place defense multiple years in a row is credentials to Hub??

I'm surprised Spiegel didn't pick up on these inconsistencies and hold Hub's feet to the fire on them.

Post subject: Re: Hub
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:25 pm 

Hub is borderline crazy at this point.

He just says things based on guys he likes in the NFL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
rogers park bryan wrote:

Exactly. Rivera. Jauron.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:29 pm 

Brian's Mojito wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Exactly. Rivera. Jauron.

Id put more stock in what Bruce LeVine thinks about football.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
FloydGondolli wrote:

I'm surprised Spiegel didn't pick up on these inconsistencies and hold Hub's feet to the fire on them.

Are you also surprised that it is cold today?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Taco Bell Mexican Pizza...mmmmm
FavreFan wrote:
FloydGondolli wrote:

Are you also surprised that it is cold today?

Spiegel is one of the only people at the station who will actually spar with others. He's done it with Hub in the past, and I expected him to do it again.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:48 pm 

Hub is retarded.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
conns7901 wrote:
Hub is retarded.

Watching Bears football for the past 50 years causes brain damage.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Dont worry about the injuries on the defense.

Tillman
Briggs
Melton
Collins
DJ Williams
Hayden

Combined with Suckage of 99,47...and even 90.

Played a ton of rookies and guys who might not even be in the NFL if not foe the injuries

All that said, I am just willing to hear about an upgrade at the DC position. I dont think there is any foundation that was created that would be missed, except for some bad tendencies.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:54 pm 

if the nfl paid players back then we wouldnt have hub still trying to make money

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:55 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Hub is retarded.

Watching Bears football for the past 50 years causes brain damage.

they should do cte studies in fans....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
Hub on the muscle with Adam about offensive line grades.
Hub graded Garza the highest of any OL, and Adam had three others graded higher. Immediately, Hub questions who did that grading -- especially about Kyle Long.
The discussion came up later with Matt Bowen. To Hub's delight, Matt's provided specific examples to state Long's need for development, stating Larry Warford from the Lions had a better year -- and discussed specific line technique.
Unlike Hub, Matt provided some depth with his reasoning -- not just "where'd you get your information, where's your diploma" counters -- typical Arkushian tactics.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:35 pm 

Brian's Mojito wrote:
Hub graded Garza the highest of any OL, and Adam had three others graded higher. Immediately, Hub questions who did that grading -- especially about Kyle Long.

Is there anything more annoying about sports radio then a host transparently arguing for his previous prediction?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
rogers park bryan wrote:
Brian's Mojito wrote:

Is there anything more annoying about sports radio then a host transparently arguing for his previous prediction?

The worst part of this one is that he can become a great player and Hub would still be right. Emery made a bad pick. Long wasnt projected to go in the first round. He could have waited and maximized his draft picks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
The stats show all the Bears linemen to be terrible. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:44 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Brian's Mojito wrote:

The worst part of this one is that he can become a great player and Hub would still be right. Emery made a bad pick. Long wasnt projected to go in the first round. He could have waited and maximized his draft picks.

Not true.

No one knows he would have been available at the Bears pick in the 2nd rd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:46 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Wasn't the back story for a while that they got spooked because of a rumor one of the teams just behind them was going to take Long?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Brian's Mojito wrote:

Which of Hubs comments is right? emery blew the pick? or I take it back, it was a good pick? or He isnt that good?

Hub has a great rear view mirror

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:49 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Brian's Mojito wrote:

Not true.

No one knows he would have been available at the Bears pick in the 2nd rd

Then he could have traded to move up or something.

Kyle Long was half assed watching the draft when he got the call. Howie was doing the dishes and getting ready for the party the following day. Does that sound like a family that is expecting to get notified of being drafted in the first round?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:21 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Kyle Long was half assed watching the draft when he got the call. Howie was doing the dishes and getting ready for the party the following day. Does that sound like a family that is expecting to get notified of being drafted in the first round?

There is a HUGE difference between reaching a few picks vs. reaching for a guy you could have had anyway.

I dont think he would have made it to the Bears

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:29 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

There is a HUGE difference between reaching a few picks vs. reaching for a guy you could have had anyway.

I understand your point but this wasnt drafting a 7th round guy in the 5th. Plus, it was the second year in a row that he did it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:48 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

I understand your point but this wasnt drafting a 7th round guy in the 5th. Plus, it was the second year in a row that he did it.

Shea was a first round projected guy. He thought the Pats were going to take him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:50 pm 

He would be a pro-bowler with the Pats.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:51 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Hank Scorpio wrote:
He would be a pro-bowler with the Pats.

I think the Pats have passed the Raiders for picking up guys "who used to be" off the (s)crap heap.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:40 pm 
Pretty sure Dallas was gong to take Long if the Bears hadn't

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:17 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
FloydGondolli wrote:
What the hell was Hub talking about?

First he says the failures of the defense aren't on Mel Tucker, then two minutes later he says Trestman needs to be held responsible for the defense like Lovie was the offense. How the hell does Trestman get held accountable for the defense but Tucker doesn't?

Then Hub says that Tucker came to the Bears with credentials. Having a last place defense multiple years in a row is credentials to Hub??

I thought Speigs pointed out Tucker's terrible track record in transition. I know he did point it out today.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
rogers park bryan wrote:
Brian's Mojito wrote:

This is where I usually step in to defend Bernstein. Hub stated directly (for about the 20th time) that he was wrong when he declared Long a bad pick. He again noted he thinks Long has been a very good player and should get better. Not sure why he continues to get grief for this. Admitting you made a mistake is usually considered a good thing unless you are biased against the host.
The distinction Hub made was that the grades he had seen found that Long had done well but also was still learning & didn't grade out as highly as Garza for the season.
I do agree that he kind of called out Adam by questioning the source of the grades but I also think he didn't initially realize that Adam was the source. :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:08 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Brian's Mojito wrote:

This is where I usually step in to defend Bernstein. Hub stated directly (for about the 20th time) that he was wrong when he declared Long a bad pick. He again noted he thinks Long has been a very good player and should get better. Not sure why he continues to get grief for this. Admitting you made a mistake is usually considered a good thing unless you are biased against the host.
The distinction Hub made was that the grades he had seen found that Long had done well but also was still learning & didn't grade out as highly as Garza for the season.
I do agree that he kind of called out Adam by questioning the source of the grades but I also think he didn't initially realize that Adam was the source. :oops:

I'll be straight with ya Zippy. I don't really listen to the Score. I just go off what's written here and twitter