It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Jim Miller
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Brian's Mojito wrote:
Three consecutive scoring drives in the second half, a fourth negated on a Jeffrey drop, doesn't balance out with the first-half 3 and outs??? Again, the Jeffrey fumble negated a possible scoring drive in the second quarter.
In the end, the sole reason the Bears lost this game was on the DEFENSE. They couldn't make fourth-down stops and their ignorance on the first-half fumble directly led to a Green Bay TD. That TD plus the Jeffrey fumble led the Packers 10 of the team's 13 points. The questionable rouging call led to the other score.
Where does Jay share the blame for the first-half deficit?

Yeah those 3 and outs had no effect on the outcome of the game. It's best we ignore them .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
badrogue17 wrote:
Brian's Mojito wrote:
Three consecutive scoring drives in the second half, a fourth negated on a Jeffrey drop, doesn't balance out with the first-half 3 and outs??? Again, the Jeffrey fumble negated a possible scoring drive in the second quarter.
In the end, the sole reason the Bears lost this game was on the DEFENSE. They couldn't make fourth-down stops and their ignorance on the first-half fumble directly led to a Green Bay TD. That TD plus the Jeffrey fumble led the Packers 10 of the team's 13 points. The questionable rouging call led to the other score.

Yeah those 3 and outs had no effect on the outcome of the game. It's best we ignore them .
I'm going to guess that you're being sarcastic.
I understand Mr. Absolute. The Bears should've scored on every drive -- that's why they lost. Miller's comment analysis didn't touch on the Jeffrey fumble, which I believe could've played a part in the Bears only having 7 points at the break.
Let's take it another step. They would've won with McCown -- they Bears didn't punt vs. Dallas and they wouldn't have against the Pack.

Last edited by Brian's Mojito on Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:43 pm 

Brian's Mojito wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Brian's Mojito wrote:

I understand Mr. Absolute. The Bears should've scored on every drive -- that's why they lost.

Same reason they lost the Minnesota game against A horrible defense. They didnt score enough. It's ok when it's McCown not scoring enough, that's his fault. It's just never Cutlers .

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Not this again...

If you expect ANY QB to score on every single drive then you will be disappointed in your team.

Do you guys realize that the Denver Broncos have a punter on their roster?!? As crazy as it seems even Manning, while setting NFL records, was unable to pick up enough first downs that the team was forced to punt. It's a shocking development.

Also he threw some INTs. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
badrogue17 wrote:
Same reason they lost the Minnesota game against A horrible defense. They didnt score enough. It's ok when it's McCown not scoring enough, that's his fault. It's just never Cutlers .

The two biggest reasons they lose the Minnesota game are as follows. The Bears had a 10 point lead on the road with less than 10 minutes to play i the 4th quarter against Minnesota, and on the final drive of regular had the Vikings QB throwing from his own endzone on a 4th & 11 play. The defense never even should have allowed that game to get to OT, and thus lost that game.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:00 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

The two biggest reasons they lose the Minnesota game are as follows: Image

Fixed.

Despite everything you listed, that game was in hand and Tresty lost it

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
:lol: :lol: :cheers:

Well played RPB

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Brian's Mojito wrote:
Is it me or do some posters pass some of the blame for the loss on Cutler's 3 and outs?

I thought he did enough to win but seems like they were still in Philly in the first half. The play didn't really look all that different than the uninspired play against the Eagles. 130 yards or whatever sucks for a half. Not sure it's all Cutlers fault but the whole operation sucked.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:05 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
rogers park bryan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Fixed.

No shit, Bryan. Nicely done.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:17 am 
100000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Fixed.

Point taken. Still had nothing to with the QB. Point to the coach, point to the defense for that game.

badrogue17 wrote:
CUtler talked about this yesterday on Silvaddle. He said that the last few games, Green Bay was doing a lot of man and cover 2. Against the Bears, they came out in zone coverages so that Marshall and Jeffrey didn't beat them on the outside. They were forcing the Bears to run the ball, and play the middle of the field. Cutler said it took them a couple of series to figure that out, but once they did they were able to move the ball pretty good and put points on the board.

So....the offense adjusted and was able to still give the Bears three different second half leads, only to see the defense blow it. Cutler could have thrown for 400 yards and put up 50 points, and if the Bears lost 51-50 you would still be pointing fingers at the QB and the offense. Its pathetic.

The defense cost the Bears this season. The sooner you realize that, the sooner you can move on.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:40 am 

No it's pathetic to excuse 3 and outs, especially on the first possession on the game when you're set up on the opponents 40. Again, Cutlers slow starts seem to be glossed over because he has this 4 th quarter qb rating. Every possession counts and his slow starts finally caught up to him . Wonderful, he played a good second half. Be nice if he could play a good full game. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have both won Super Bowls and are probably the 2 best to ever play and yet they get criticized when their teams lose in the playoffs. If either of them came out and shit the bed in consecutive first halves like Cutler did last 2 weeks and ended up losing both games they'd be first and foremost on everyone's mind for why their teams lost. Cutler who never has won a fucking thing and isn't even close to being on the same level as those guys should get a pass though. Sorry but the Green Bay game was lost in the first half while Jay was trying to figure things out . Thats when they had the chance to co e out strong for once and step on their throats but they didnt. Pardon the fuck out of me for not being impressed with 7 whopping first half points against a shit defense though I have to say it was an improvement over the 3 he put up against an even worse defense the week before.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:59 am 
100000 CLUB

Quote:
No it's pathetic to excuse 3 and outs, especially on the first possession on the game when you're set up on the opponents 40. Again, Cutlers slow starts seem to be glossed over because he has this 4 th quarter qb rating. Every possession counts and his slow starts finally caught up to him . Wonderful, he played a good second half. Be nice if he could play a good full game.

The first drive sucked, but again they were seeing defenses that they didn't expect to see. Maybe thats on coaching, maybe its on the QB. I really don't know. I know they adjusted and put the Bears in a position to win three different times in the second half. Two 1 point leads, and an 8 point lead.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:08 am 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Sorry but the Green Bay game was lost in the first half while Jay was trying to figure things out .

:lol: :lol: So its ok to point the finger at Jay for the first half start, even though he was not the only one trying to figure things out in the first half. The game was lost then you say, and was not lost when the Bears gave up three 4th down conversions with less than 3 minutes to go in the game? 4th and 8, a stop gets the Bears the NFC north, and the defense allows a 48 yard TD pass is when the game was lost. Cutler wasn't even on the field when the game was lost. The pathetic thing is to continue to excuse that, while pointing the finger at Jay Cutler. I know Cutler is not perfect, but he is not the reason this team missed the playoffs. Period.

And what, exactly, does the three first half points against the Eagles have to do with Sunday's game against the Packers? Jack and shit.

Sorry, the game was lost in the 4th quarter due to multiple defense miscues. Sorry you fail to realize the obvious and are incorrectly making Cutler out to be the scapegoat for the season.

Edit- two replies in a row, quotes kept fucking up

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Bears would be 16-0 without Cutler. He's to blame for every loss. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:18 am 
100000 CLUB

He's to blame for all 8 losses-- even when he was out injured-- yet he also gets zero credit for any of the Bears 8 wins.

Some Bears fans are a special breed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
badrogue17 wrote:
No it's pathetic to excuse 3 and outs, especially on the first possession on the game when you're set up on the opponents 40. Again, Cutlers slow starts seem to be glossed over because he has this 4 th quarter qb rating. Every possession counts and his slow starts finally caught up to him . Wonderful, he played a good second half. Be nice if he could play a good full game. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have both won Super Bowls and are probably the 2 best to ever play and yet they get criticized when their teams lose in the playoffs. If either of them came out and shit the bed in consecutive first halves like Cutler did last 2 weeks and ended up losing both games they'd be first and foremost on everyone's mind for why their teams lost. Cutler who never has won a fucking thing and isn't even close to being on the same level as those guys should get a pass though. Sorry but the Green Bay game was lost in the first half while Jay was trying to figure things out . Thats when they had the chance to co e out strong for once and step on their throats but they didnt. Pardon the fuck out of me for not being impressed with 7 whopping first half points against a shit defense though I have to say it was an improvement over the 3 he put up against an even worse defense the week before.

Hey, I love your work! That's bringing the fire & the passion! I guess I'm a fence sitter when it comes to Cutler. I think the last two seasons he was much better. He has put up some nice stats for the Bears. I also know that McCown chewed this GB defense up and spit it out. I'm pretty sure that game the Pack had that long haired bitch linebacker playing too. It just seems when the games really count,Cutler loses. If the Bears resign him,I just hope it's still giving them cap room. That's all I'm worried about.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
Cutler has had awful games against the Packers, downright been the reason they've lost some of them. I will freely admit that, not trying to be a Cutler apologist here.
The fact that the defense's woes seem to take a back seat to the three and outs proves that some cannot get over their Cutler hate.
Also, who was blaming McCown for the Vikings' loss? Alongside Trestman's poor judgment in overtime, the defense also blew that game (fourth and 11 on the tying drive).
Was Cutler perfect? No. Did he suck like in past games against the Pack? No. Cutler and the offense did enough to win the game, and the defense is mainly to blame for the loss.