It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

He said it could be this year but something has to happen first. Then he said "That's all I'll say about it".

Tell it here, Mac. Please. What has to happen?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:56 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I wondered what he was talking about also. He said a 3rd or 4th but something major had to happen that likely won't happen.

I'm guessing it would be LoHo taking some of that NBC money and starting his own station like Howard Stern.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Tribune spinning off its broadcast media from its print media so as to buy 101.1 would have been my guess, but now the prevailing rumor is that Cumulus is going to swoop in and pick it up for its new "Nash" pop-country format. Ew.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
Tribune spinning off its broadcast media from its print media so as to buy 101.1 would have been my guess, but now the prevailing rumor is that Cumulus is going to swoop in and pick it up for its new "Nash" pop-country format. Ew.

Hawger approves of this.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I wondered what he was talking about also. He said a 3rd or 4th but something major had to happen that likely won't happen.

I'm guessing it would be LoHo taking some of that NBC money and starting his own station like Howard Stern.

I picture Leary attempting to do this, everyone says they are in if he gets a station and nobody then shows up. Even "the A team" doesnt show

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

WEBIO :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:35 pm 

there has been a recent application for foxsportsradio to broadcast on an undisclosed FM station in chicago... hmmm....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

So Mac mentioning this on the air. Hmmmm. May I speculate?

Mac: Please don't.

Beardown: Oh c'mon, speculation is a key to sports talkers like yourself. Why begrudge me?

Mac: Fair enough.

Beardown: Mac knowing that this is a possibility means something. He's up in June and he's looking for a landing place if Zim doesn't want him back. Mac realizes that they might want to force Larry in. Everybody sees that coming. I also have a feeling that North is scheming something up with this 3rd sports radio station. How do you like them apples?

Mac: I'm going to be quiet.

Beardown: That's cool. That's why I'm here!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:42 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
there has been a recent application for foxsportsradio to broadcast on an undisclosed FM station in chicago... hmmm....

according to?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

Cuz the way Mac talked about made me feel that Mac was in talks with those who are spear-heading this potential station?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Beardown wrote:
So Mac mentioning this on the air. Hmmmm. May I speculate?

CSFMB: Please don't.

Beardown: Oh c'mon, speculation is a key to sports talkers like yourself. Why begrudge me?

CSFMB: Are you also deaf?

Beardown: Mac knowing that this is a possibility means something. He's up in June and he's looking for a landing place if Zim doesn't want him back. Mac realizes that they might want to force Larry in. Everybody sees that coming. I also have a feeling that North is scheming something up with this 3rd sports radio station. How do you like them apples?

CSFMB: This is right up there with the "Bears will play their best game of the year" prediction against GB.

Beardown: That's cool. That's why I'm here!!!!

Fixed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
The last thing they will do is give Leary a big time gig again. His inability to move a meter the correct way is almost unmatched in the number of attempts he has had.

Having a night time show that makes no noise is such a waste of a time slot at this point, it makes Mitch seem ineffective.

If you came to Leary with a crappy new offer, he would take it in a second. he would have to.

Leary does have value to the Score. He will do anything at anytime. Thats why he is there. Sox reporter this week? OK, Bears dick sucker? OK, can you host for 4 weeks? OK....

However, I think it is time for someone else to fill that slot and Mitch needs to find that guy.

The recent Mac absentee shows you fragile the balance of power is. With the BB show having a down arrow, WSCR needs Mac to keep things on an even scale now.

WSCR is lucky Rose is hurt, or else ESPN gets all those radio tuned to 1000 going into the winter.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:10 pm 

well someone tell mitch and larry fimtah that this is show business. this isnt manual labor. trying hard doesnt do much. sure, you need to work but you are who you are. if youre not interesting or youre just an OBNOXIOUS poindexter then nobody will listen to you, no matter how good of a corporate ass licker you are.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Coppock brought in some serious dough with a PM sports show. Impossible to do nowadays?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
The last thing they will do is give Leary a big time gig again. His inability to move a meter the correct way is almost unmatched in the number of attempts he has had.

Having a night time show that makes no noise is such a waste of a time slot at this point, it makes Mitch seem ineffective.

If you came to Leary with a crappy new offer, he would take it in a second. he would have to.

Leary does have value to the Score. He will do anything at anytime. Thats why he is there. Sox reporter this week? OK, Bears dick sucker? OK, can you host for 4 weeks? OK....

However, I think it is time for someone else to fill that slot and Mitch needs to find that guy.

The recent Mac absentee shows you fragile the balance of power is. With the BB show having a down arrow, WSCR needs Mac to keep things on an even scale now.

WSCR is lucky Rose is hurt, or else ESPN gets all those radio tuned to 1000 going into the winter.

True. I think Mitch and Zim know Larry sucks. I still think they'll give him Mac's job come June. Suffer with him for a few years at a cheap rate to make up for the loss of ratings. That's the way evil Zim is looking at it. Then they'll find somebody else. Make sense? No. But radio doesn't make sense. It's always weird like this.

Beardown: Let's face it, with Mac's problems, him telling Mitch to "find another monkey", his proclamation that he wants to live alone in the woods, Zim and Mitch are scared to give him another contract.

Mac: :oops:

Beardown: It's Ok, buddy. We're all rooting for you. It is what it is. You know it. I'm just saying how evil Zim is thinking about this situation. Not judging you. He can get Larry for a couple of years at half your pay. Ratings take a dip? Sure? But Zim is figuring he'll net more this way.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:19 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Beardown wrote:
evil Zim.

???

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

Plus we all hear what a "kiss ass" Larry is to Bernstein and Boers. Safe to assume he's the same way with Mitch and Zim. They both like that. Feeds their egos. This helps Larry. Mac isn't that type.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Larry has torpedoed middays twice now. You can't say for sure how much was Hamp, or how much was the subtraction of Mac versus the addition of Larry, but it looks like there's a pretty solid body of evidence now to stop putting him in middays if you value your billing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Larry has torpedoed middays twice now. You can't say for sure how much was Hamp, or how much was the subtraction of Mac versus the addition of Larry, but it looks like there's a pretty solid body of evidence now to stop putting him in middays if you value your billing.

I agree. I also think Mitch and Zim agree. That being said, I still think Larry will be back once Mac's contract expires in June. Make sense? No. Welcome to radio business. It's weird.