It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Blackhawks' Way
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:40 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
City of Fools wrote:
I am, however saying this: if the Lions hire Ken, they will be the best team in the Black and Blue division.

Well, that would be our goal. The first thing I do is launch Stafford. I can't have an erratic, strong-armed QB that has never lived up to his potential on my team.

Next we setup the gameplan to get Mikel Leshoure 45 touches a game.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
RFDC wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
if the Lions hire Ken, they will be the best team in the Black and Blue division.

We shall see. He had talent on offense while in Arizona ...and yeah got fired.

QB problems. He's got more than enough with Stafford. All the talent in the world on that team. His D-Cor will be a key key hire.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:41 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
I am, however saying this: if the Lions hire Ken, they will be the best team in the Black and Blue division.

Well, that would be our goal. The first thing I do is launch Stafford. I can't have an erratic, strong-armed QB that has never lived up to his potential on my team.

Next we setup the gameplan to get Mikel Leshoure 45 touches a game.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:43 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
RFDC wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
if the Lions hire Ken, they will be the best team in the Black and Blue division.

QB problems. He's got more than enough with Stafford. All the talent in the world on that team. His D-Cor will be a key key hire.

yeah Stafford will take them to the promise land.

Not.

I just don't see it. They are wasting one of the greatest receivers of all time.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:45 pm 

RFDC wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
RFDC wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

yeah Stafford will take them to the promise land.

Not.

I just don't see it. They are wasting one of the greatest receivers of all time.

I'm 4-0 in avatar bets. Let's go.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:46 pm 

City of Fools wrote:

what is the bet?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:47 pm 

RFDC wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

what is the bet?

If Dr. Ken gets hired by the Lions, the Lions get to the second round of playoffs in the next two years...and win the NOrt.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:50 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
RFDC wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

what is the bet?

If Dr. Ken gets hired by the Lions, the Lions get to the second round of playoffs in the next two years...and win the NOrt.

If Dr. Ken gets the hire they win the Superbowl for a 5 yr run.

If that other guy gets the hire I will take you up on this, but it will have to be a signature bet. I don't change avatars.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:54 pm 

Oh, and Susana Collins found that Blackhawks Way ends in Unemployed Cul de sac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:55 pm 

RFDC wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
RFDC wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

what is the bet?

If Dr. Ken gets the hire they win the Superbowl for a 5 yr run.

If that other guy gets the hire I will take you up on this, but it will have to be a signature bet. I don't change avatars.

sounds good...I give you the same deal I gave FF. You pick my sig AND you pick your sig. If I don't think your sig is deprecating enough, then I pick it. After all, you would know what sig would most embarrass you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:58 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
sounds good...I give you the same deal I gave FF. You pick my sig AND you pick your sig. If I don't think your sig is deprecating enough, then I pick it. After all, you would know what sig would most embarrass you.

you realize in 2 years when I win this, you will claim ignorance and this thread will be lost or pruned.... :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:01 pm 

RFDC wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

you realize in 2 years when I win this, you will claim ignorance and this thread will be lost or pruned.... :lol:

I have complete faith in Bigfan!

(you can read that whatever way you want) :lol:

I stand behind my bets.

Fairly far behind, I don't want to get splattered.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
3-27: Stafford's NFL record vs teams that finish above .500.

Lions won't win anything until the team is sold to new owners the same way the Tampa Bay Buccaneers didn't win until the Culverhouse family sold the team.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
NearWessSideHussra wrote:

Lions won't win anything until the team is sold to new owners the same way the Tampa Bay Buccaneers didn't win until the Culverhouse family sold the team.

Shhhhh you are ruining the 'Cutler Sucks!' narrative.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:48 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

I believe Cutler isn't much better than that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:49 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

So you think Cutler is better than Stafford?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:52 pm 

good dolphin, why would you assume something's "eating at me?" i'm in a great mood... having spirited exchanges with some long-time listeners....making the best of a stuck-inside day. it feels good to reconnect with this odd-but-enjoyable fraternity. can't watch "goodfellas" or post fishing photos on Facebook every time the weather sucks.

as for the susannah collins firing.... i don't have a strong opinion either way. i think, however, if the bears fired a female employee who had an internet video of her talking saucy about charles haley's monster manmeat, i would defend their right to send her packing just like the hawks did with collins. both organizations view themselves as "family entertainment" and that type of easily-tracked video isn't congruent. cbs, on the other hand, is willing to let its employees push the envelope on such content. that pleases me. as SomeGuy regular points out, i enjoy sharing stories about lockerroom pythons. "don't say you're not impressed."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:56 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
You don't think they already knew about it, Mac?

A Bebe North Google search during her interview process would have done the trick. I thought she got a raw deal.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:59 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

So you think Cutler is better than Stafford?
Everyone else does. I must accept it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:57 pm 

Mac wrote:
good dolphin, why would you assume something's "eating at me?" i'm in a great mood... having spirited exchanges with some long-time listeners....making the best of a stuck-inside day. it feels good to reconnect with this odd-but-enjoyable fraternity. can't watch "goodfellas" or post fishing photos on Facebook every time the weather sucks.

as for the susannah collins firing.... i don't have a strong opinion either way. i think, however, if the bears fired a female employee who had an internet video of her talking saucy about charles haley's monster manmeat, i would defend their right to send her packing just like the hawks did with collins. both organizations view themselves as "family entertainment" and that type of easily-tracked video isn't congruent. cbs, on the other hand, is willing to let its employees push the envelope on such content. that pleases me. as SomeGuy regular points out, i enjoy sharing stories about lockerroom pythons. "don't say you're not impressed."

I assume something is eating at you because:

1) why would a man in your position divulge, unsolicited at that, a dislike of the Bears
2) your reason for not liking the Bears really is illogical

The only conclusion I can draw is that it's really something else that is bothering you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:13 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Mac wrote:

What about firing Billy Reay on Christmas Eve? Didn't Wirtz fuck Norris' daughter out of an inheritance?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Awwww c'mon that was just ol' gruff but lovable Bill's idea of an Xmas bonus

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Mac wrote:

As for the team employing Bobby Hull... I'll say this: for the horrible things Bobby did (and said) in the past, he has paid for and then some. In the hit to his reputation and to his finances. Mentally and physically abusing a spouse is horrible and my little brother Mikey and I thoroughly enjoyed giving a dude, who repeatedly had beaten our sister, a thrashing of "A Clockwork Orange" proportion in the late '80s. I give people a chance, however, and try to judge somebody on how they treat me and my friends.

Wait...Bobby Hull beat your sister, repeatedly?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Spaulding wrote:
Mac wrote:

As for the team employing Bobby Hull... I'll say this: for the horrible things Bobby did (and said) in the past, he has paid for and then some. In the hit to his reputation and to his finances. Mentally and physically abusing a spouse is horrible and my little brother Mikey and I thoroughly enjoyed giving a dude, who repeatedly had beaten our sister, a thrashing of "A Clockwork Orange" proportion in the late '80s. I give people a chance, however, and try to judge somebody on how they treat me and my friends.

Wait...Bobby Hull beat your sister, repeatedly?

Well he did have over 500 career goals by exploiting a weak blocker.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Last edited by badrogue17 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Nothing says "family entertainment" like trotting out the scantily clad Bud Light (Here We Go!) "ice girls" during home games. Don't get me wrong, I gawk like every other guy, but it's so god damn hypocritical.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Marylin Ferrara of Ferrara Pan candy died this weekend. Services were today. I heard Coach Q and Toews attended. That's the Blackhawks Way.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders
Don't Toews me bro...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Mac wrote:
Some of you suggest my Blackhawks love is "convenient" or that I'm willing to ignore they operate similarly to the Bears. Oh contraire, mon frere!

Bill Wirtz was a wonderful man... he simply didn't get it when it came to modern-day marketing. Out of respect to his late father, Arthur Wirtz, he continued to "protect" the season "reservation holders" by not televising games. Not a smart business move, especially in the early '90s when the Bulls deservedly were front-page news because they were amidst a dynasty.

Wirtz was loyal -- often to a fault -- to former Blackhawks players who gave their blood, sweat and tears to the organ-I-zation. He regularly hired former Hawks as head coaches (Dirk Graham, Trent Yawney, Denis Savard) and as assistants. Some of them weren't qualified to ascend to those posts, but he was a loyal man who preferred to "keep it in the family."

The fact that the Blackhawks Alumni Association is so strong is not only a statement about how the players felt about each other, but about the Wirtz family. Even after being fired as head coach, Keith Magnuson helped CREATE the HAA and serve as its administrator. That was a statement about how strongly he felt about William Wirtz as a man.

I've known employees of Judge and Dolph liquor distributorship and Bismarck hotel and catering (Both Wirtz properties) and all of them stayed there along time because of how they were treated by management.

When I met Bill Wirtz (to book him as a guest for Chet Coppock in the late '80s) he was kind and approachable, despite the gruff appearance. I was all business and cut right to the chase as to why I stepped up to speak with him in the Governors' Room at the Stadium. He said he'd be happy to come on the show with Chet, but first "sit down and have a drink so I can get to know you a little bit." That's not only good business, it's human kindness (when sincere, and I have no reason to believe it wasn't).

Bobby Hull always has been a genuine, kind dude when I've been with him. Very few enormous superstars -- and that's what he was for those too young to remember -- are as generous with their time and as easy to be around as No.9. Ask anybody who's met him at an appearance since he's become a team ambassador. If there's any complaint, it's that the line for an autograph moves too slowly because he never gives anybody the bum's rush when they want to tell him a story or ask him for one.

In summation, the Hawks treat their own like family AND win championships. I'm proud to be a fan and have relationships with many in the organ-I-zation.

TL;DR... but from what i saw when i skimmed through that, i will definitely agree that the blackhawks are a hockey team.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:48 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

:roll:

This is getting beyond ridiculous. He's been in the league FOR EIGHT YEARS and has NEVER been better than slightly above average.

The Cutler lovers are the ones counting on the trend to change. THEY are the crazy ones.

The people who expect Cutler to produce like he always has are thinking rationally

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:51 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Mac wrote:

I assume something is eating at you because:

1) why would a man in your position divulge, unsolicited at that, a dislike of the Bears
2) your reason for not liking the Bears really is illogical

The only conclusion I can draw is that it's really something else that is bothering you.

I solicited him