It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't buy this report that Zim was trying to get Kaplan for the 9pm - Midnight shift. No way Zim is throwing money (and it would be a decent amount) at Kap for this insignificant shift when he has dumb ass producers and McNight to fill it for next to nothing. Not to mention the Score has so many games that it makes this shift obsolete for most of the year.

No, here's what Zim had in mind: Kap would have done the 9-12 until June. Then Zim launches Mac and it's the "Kap and Meat" show. NO DOUBT IN MY MIND.

You know I'm right on this one, Mac!!!!

Now, the question CSFMB has for you Mr. McNeil, is what do you have up your sleeve? We know you've got something.

Mac: I'm working on it.

CSFMB: :cheers:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Kap used as leverage or Zim just thought Mac was done (before he begged for his job back) and needed a stable guy he could count on for a big time slot?

Spot on, Beardown.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:05 pm 

Horse piss.

Despite how unimaginative radio executives are, Zim and Rosen know how awful Kaplan is. He's one of those Chicago media zeroes. It'd be like putting Canellis back on the air.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

Zizou wrote:
Horse piss.

Despite how unimaginative radio executives are, Zim and Rosen know how awful Kaplan is. He's one of those Chicago media zeroes. It'd be like putting Canellis back on the air.

Everybody agrees that Kaplan sucks. But Zim and Mitch are idiots. They do stupid stuff. Remember "Hamp and Holmes"? Remember that dumb women joining North for a general talk show? Zim and Mitch love to do shit that is bad. It's in their nature. The Score tried to sign Kaplan. That is undisputed. And no way it was with the intention of keeping him at 9-midnight. He was gonna replace Mac.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:15 pm 

That is a surprisingly lucid theory. I think you might be on to something

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:16 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I assume Mitch made his move with Leary. If anything, Kaplan was to replace Holmes slot.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

Kap is not gonna leave his part time 7p-10p shift at WGN for a part time 9p-Midnight shift at the Score. That's a demotion. Think about this, people. It's not that complicated.

And like I said, Zim isn't gonna pay what it would take to get Kap when he has prodcuers to do the late night shift for peanuts. Especially when they have so many games that it makes this shift available less than half the year. Ranger takes Sox post game to Les for most of the Spring and Summer. They have Monday Night Football, Thursday Night Football, Depaul, NIU and Illinois.

I win this one. I'm right!!! Just accept it.

This puts my record at like 550-2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I agree with you Beardown, but don't make it sound like you cracked some hard code....the average person could've surmised that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

spmack wrote:
I agree with you Beardown, but don't make it sound like you cracked some hard code....the average person could've surmised that.

Yeah, then make a post about before me. Makes me think a lot of you are less than average. I'd love for you bastards to break stories that pop into your minds. I've done enough of the heavy lifting around here. I actually don't think it crossed your mind until I posted it despite what you just said.

Spmack: :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

This also is a sign to Larry that Score managment agrees with the masses and think that he sucks. Means they realize just how bad he was for 7 weeks as Mac's replacement.

It also means that Zim has a plan B. He'll try to hire somebody else.

Bernstein: There is no plan B. It was Kaplan or nothing else. They were all in for Giraridi...I mean KAPLAN

Beardown: Right, Big brain. Right. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:04 pm 

Chill out Beardown. You added 2 + 2

Nobody made a post because no one here gives a shit about Kaplan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
Chill out Beardown. You added 2 + 2

Nobody made a post because no one here gives a shit about Kaplan

But I'm the only one that can make 2+2=5

CSFMB: What did you just say, cracker?

Beardown: Too deep for you guys. Don't try to figure it out.

Let's not fight about this. I broke the story. I won't make you guys give me credit. I never expect credit for anything I do here. Zim is looking for Mac's replacement. Means Larry won't get it again. That's the big story. Discuss.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:15 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
spmack wrote:

The average person wouldn't give a shit.

That's why Beardown is the man. I think he's right.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
spmack wrote:

Thanks...Wait!!!! That was an insult!!!! I don't care. Plus you're wrong. Everybody who comes to this site gives a shit. No reason to come here otherwise.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:34 pm 

And Mac was welcomed back AFTER Kaplan turned down the offer....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Kap was not coming to the Score for the midday show. he makes just as much money being the cubs houseboy and having a TV show.

He is at WGN there is some built in safety if you you just show up to work.

However, Zimmerman and Mitch doing kap a solid with an offer he can use to negotiate at WGN with.

As I have touched on before, many of these guys dont ever get the luxury of an offer to use in leverage situations.

And did anyone really think of having Kaplan, Mr cubs on WSOX station????????

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:41 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Beardown wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
spmack wrote:

Thanks...Wait!!!! That was an insult!!!! I don't care. Plus you're wrong. Everybody who comes to this site gives a shit. No reason to come here otherwise.

It's only an insult to people that aren't like us.

You know you're my guy....sometimes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:

Well, yeah, like I said, Kap was gonna do 9-midnight. Mac contract bleeds out. "Kap and Meat" as the midday show in June. That was the plan. I guess 2+2 isn't that easy. Just kidding, RPB. Just messing around. Sometimes I have to say this. My post to Spmack was in fun, too. I guess it doesn't come across. I'm goofing around with my posts more than some of you guys realize.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
Kap was not coming to the Score for the midday show. he makes just as much money being the cubs houseboy and having a TV show.

He is at WGN there is some built in safety if you you just show up to work.

However, Zimmerman and Mitch doing kap a solid with an offer he can use to negotiate at WGN with.

As I have touched on before, many of these guys dont ever get the luxury of an offer to use in leverage situations.

And did anyone really think of having Kaplan, Mr cubs on WSOX station????????

I respectfully disagree, Big Fan. I think it was a legit offer to get the midday show in June. And WGN ponied up. Kap likes being a Cubbie boy, working at the Cubs flagship. He loves pushing the Cubs agenda. You're right. Plus Kap probably doesn't like the Cuture at the Score. Mean ass bastards over there. So if it was even close to even, he was gonna stay. He'd have to deal with Bernstein making fun of all of the stupid shit he says. At WGN, the stupid stuff he says is never questioned.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:56 pm 

Beardown wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Well, yeah, like I said, Kap was gonna do 9-midnight. Mac contract bleeds out. "Kap and Meat" as the midday show in June. That was the plan. I guess 2+2 isn't that easy. Just kidding, RPB. Just messing around. Sometimes I have to say this. My post to Spmack was in fun, too. I guess it doesn't come across. I'm goofing around with my posts more than some of you guys realize.

I would just love to know the tones of the conversation between Zim and Mac when Kaplan was in play

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
Beardown wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I would just love to know the tones of the conversation between Zim and Mac when Kaplan was in play

Zim doesn't have to discuss this with Mac. Mac is in no position to demand answers from Zim after getting 7 weeks leave of absence and telling Mitch to get another monkey. Then, in the end, the Score takes him back. Mac can't go into Zim's office and pound his fist on his desk with his contract coming up soon. That would only make the slim chance of new paper go to no chance. Mac is just grateful they took him back. It is what it is.

But Mac certainly is smart enough to figure out what almost went down and what it means. Despite being from Indiana, Mac isn't stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I don't think WSCR management is THAT dumb. Maybe they are??

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:06 pm 

Beardown wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Beardown wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Zim doesn't have to discuss this with Mac. Mac is in no position to demand answers from Zim after getting 7 weeks leave of absence and telling Mitch to get another monkey. Then, in the end, the Score takes him back. He's in any position to pound his fist on Zim's desk. It is what it is.

But Mac certainly is smart enough to figure out what almost went down and what it means. Despite being from Indiana, Mac isn't stupid.

No I don't mean they talked about Kaplan... I mean they talked re: when are you coming back? Are you coming back?

I'll bet when Kaplan fell thru the conversation changed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hatchetman wrote:
I don't think WSCR management is THAT dumb. Maybe they are??

Hamp and Holmes. Hamp and Holmes.

Hatchetman: Oh. Yeah. They are THAT dumb.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:18 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Plus you're wrong. Everybody who comes to this site gives a shit. No reason to come here otherwise.

Not everyone who comes to this site gives a shit about Kaplan. I know I don't.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

This does kind of work out for Mac. It tells him they know Larry sucks. So maybe they went for Kaplan as PLAN A. And Mac coming back is PLAN B. Kap saying "No" helps Mackie.

Bernstein: There is no PLAN B.

Beardown: Shut the fuck up, already!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:10 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Kap's suits are worth more than what a 'SCR producer makes in a year. Beardown's theory makes sense. To generate Buzz,you replace a "name" with another "name". Kap is labeled "houseboy" and to a certain extent he might have earned that. If you watch his Comcast show,he is not afraid to give his opinions on any subject. He does it in a professional manner which most Scoreheads are not used to hearing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:12 am 

Mac said himself that he should have been fired after calling Mitch and not showing up for work, so if he truly believes that, he would have no reason to be upset with management for attempting to hire a new host for his time slot. Ironically, I bet Mac would have eventually ended up with Kaplan's job at GN if Kap replaced Mac at The Score.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:17 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Cuz wrote:
Mac said himself that he should have been fired after calling Mitch and not showing up for work, so if he truly believes that, he would have no reason to be upset with management for attempting to hire a new host for his time slot. Ironically, I bet Mac would have eventually ended up with Kaplan's job at GN if Kap replaced Mac at The Score.

WGN wouldn't touch Mac given his history & problems.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:30 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Scorehead wrote:
Cuz wrote:

WGN wouldn't touch Mac given his history & problems.

Yes they would.