It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Scorehead wrote:
Cuz wrote:
Mac said himself that he should have been fired after calling Mitch and not showing up for work, so if he truly believes that, he would have no reason to be upset with management for attempting to hire a new host for his time slot. Ironically, I bet Mac would have eventually ended up with Kaplan's job at GN if Kap replaced Mac at The Score.

WGN wouldn't touch Mac given his history & problems.

They would snap him up in a second. So so wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

Cuz wrote:
Mac said himself that he should have been fired after calling Mitch and not showing up for work, so if he truly believes that, he would have no reason to be upset with management for attempting to hire a new host for his time slot. Ironically, I bet Mac would have eventually ended up with Kaplan's job at GN if Kap replaced Mac at The Score.

Mac wouldn't want to work nights. I agree with others. I just don't see WGN hiring Mac.

I think it was interesting that Mac was talking about a 3rd sports talker coming to Chicago. Maybe he was in preliminary contract talks if it actually were to go down. I guess it's not gonna happen at Q101, but it still could happen somewhere else I suppose. I've gotta believe a 3rd sports station, even if it can't beat the SCORE or ESPN 1000, would still make more money than half of the FM stations in this city.

Hell, Atlanta has 3 sports stations and that's a shitty sports town.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:45 pm 

Wrong, Beardown. Hate to bust your bubble after that awesome series of touchdown dances you did, but you whiffed on this one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:47 pm 

Mac wrote:
Wrong, Beardown. Hate to bust your bubble after that awesome series of touchdown dances you did, but you whiffed on this one.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac wrote:

Zimmerman: The Bear was absolutely right on this one!!!!!

Mitch: Yeah. He nailed it.

Mac: :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

It's not like you would see everything coming, Mac. For example, when they busted up you and Terry, I seem to recall you saying you didn't see that coming. Then you later learned that dumb ass Mike North was behind that situation for his own personal gain.

I still don't believe Zimmerman would throw money at Kaplan for the 9-midnight shift. Doesn't make sense. He doesn't need to do it. He's got producers doing it for cheap, that slot doesn't make much money and the Score has a bunch of games at night anyway.

As I said earlier in this thread, it would have been a mistake. They should keep you. If you leave, that station will be nothing but Bernstein clones. I'm just thinking like a Radio executive. They're not always smart decision makers.

So, I'm sticking with my intuition on this one. Zim was gonna make it "Kap and Meat" in June.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:52 am 

Mac wrote:

Which part? Everything?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:14 am 
1000 CLUB

Maybe there was another possible scenario. Kap does 9-midnight until June. Larry takes over the midday slot in June. Then Kap takes Larry's spot.

Either way, Zimmerman courting Kaplan was about the midday slot in some fashion.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
pittmike wrote:
I assume Mitch made his move with Leary. If anything, Kaplan was to replace Holmes slot.

no way, kaplan is busy around the time that The People's Show is on. call it a hunch that a "Father of the Year" award winner who has a long storied history of updating his own wikipedia page isn't going to give up his TV gig / main-exposure-to-the-Chicago-market just so he can have a crappier shift on a crappier station. being on TV has gotta be the biggest thing out there to stimulate his ego/vanity.

obviously Der KapMan would have been considered for the 9-1 gig because that would give him plenty of time to finish up and head over to the CSN studios and do his nightly talk show / CSN sports update bumpers and then allow him to head home earlier not having to do a 7-10 shift over @ WGN. That easier schedule would allow him to have more time @ home with the family when the kids are home which would undoubtedly curry favor for his "Father of the Decade" campaign.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Mac and Kap both used to work for Swirsk, no?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
bigfan wrote:
And did anyone really think of having Kaplan, Mr cubs on WSOX station????????
Perhaps he was drawn by the NIU connection.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
bigfan wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
WGN wouldn't touch Mac given his history & problems.

They would snap him up in a second. So so wrong.
I think the new rule should be to only point out instances where Scorehead is correct. That will save a significant amount of typing. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Mac wrote:

Which part? Everything?

Good question. Mac likes to expound on things here. Short and simple isn't Mac's style on this board. This answer was short and simple. Says a lot.

I honestly don't think Mac would know. It's not like Mitch and Zim would tell him, obviously. He's under contract and they're not obligated to tell him shit about their future intentions. He might have believed this 9-midnight bullshit too. Maybe just didn't think of how stupid this sounds. But I explained why it's stupid. Why it's just pissing away money from Zim's perspective. And Zim loves to pinch pennies based on what Big Fan has told us.

This is one time where I might have informed an actual Score talk show host about what was going down at his very work place. Might have enlightened him. (Not doing a TD dance here, Mac. Just think I'm on to something that maybe you didn't think about. Your mind is on more important stuff. The Mac 5 years ago would have figured it out. That's why I'm here.)

Hey Mac, like in football, same rule applies at the Score, always keep your head on a swivel.

Last edited by Beardown on Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
You don't replace Dan McNeil with some douche who used to sniff high school jock straps. Nobody's that dumb. At least I don't think anybody is. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hatchetman wrote:
You don't replace Dan McNeil with some douche who used to sniff high school jock straps. Nobody's that dumb. At least I don't think anybody is. :lol:

Once again....

Mitch: :oops:

Zim: :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

BF you are dead wrong. Wait until the spring and you will see your hero, Barney Rubble, with no where to go. Renewal, I really doubt it. He will join North and Chet, scrambling for gigs. The addict has a lot of problems and all in the biz know it and he has few friends left.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I can see some being done with it, but he does get ratings, and isn't there some protection under the ADA?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

I know you want to say something, Mac. So say it.

CSFMB likes you better than Kaplan or Larry. Fuck Zimmerman for trying to pull this shit.

CSFMB to Mac: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC5E8ie2pdM

Mac: :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:48 am 

Score is doomed wrote:
BF you are dead wrong. Wait until the spring and you will see your hero, Barney Rubble, with no where to go. Renewal, I really doubt it. He will join North and Chet, scrambling for gigs. The addict has a lot of problems and all in the biz know it and he has few friends left.

Given your (and Scorehead's) fantastic record of accurate predictions, I'm going to start looking around for alternative entertainment options for the 9-1 block right now. No point in delaying the inevitable..

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think the recent 3rd sports talker in Chicago means I was right on this one.

Kap is now going to mornings at WGN's start-up sports station. He obviously knew this was the plan before he signed back with WGN. He wasn't gonna take a 9-midnight shift with the Score. Not permanently. They were gonna have to offer him a day part shift with the money that such a shift demands to compete with WGN's shift and offer. And I think that's what Zim had in mind once Mac's contract bled out.

I STAND BY MY SPECULATION!!!!