It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:19 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Whomever says Pacquiao would win a fight between him and Floyd neither watches enough nor knows shit about boxing. Simply Rah-Rah shit.

I'm sure there were guys that said the same thing before LaMotta beat Robinson.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
yeah, i'm pretty thoroughly convinced that "money" isn't gonna take on anyone who could seriously challenge the streak until they're old/decrepit/holyfield enough to get thoroughly beaten by "money" (as the hype of them "finally" fighting mayweather would still be worth the $$$)

obviously i used to hate the whole $$$$MONEY$$$$ persona with him recording those videos with stacks of $100s and shit, and literally going around with THE MONEY TEAM or whatever.... but then i realized that my hate was just buying into his #HEEL role that he's set up brilliantly: go around pissing off as many people as you can being a stereotypical loudmouthed flashy/showy/braggy modern-day-african-american-entertainer (cuz i think he uses stereotypes of the "hiphop"/"street" black man to his advantage) and then ducking fights that challenge your streak to the point where ~66-75%+ of people watching simply wanna see you finally get knocked the fuck out, but you're too good/clever to allow that to happen so you keep on keeping on and laugh all the way to the bank as the streak has reached such proportions where every single one of his fights has the most !!! in the world because everyone wants to see your egotistical ass get knocked the fuck out [insert chris tucker clip from friday here]

so yeah, it's pretty much a case of that "haters are my motivators" meme and in the end you gotta realize that the only way to not feed into the self-perpetuating legend of "money mayweather" is just to remain ambivalent and enjoy it for what it is: a guy putting on a marketing exhibition for the times. i'll always be rooting for him to get KTFO, but it prolly won't happen until he's old enough to get brain-damaged/sloppy.... which if he's smart about it he'll never end up that way because his exquisite footwork has avoided so many beatings if he can get out at a good time he's gotta be set for life, so spin that $$$ into some other ventures and don't end up on UK Celebrity Big Brother in 2029 talking about how you once punched out a horse to the shocked consternation of the do-gooder birds within earshot.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:20 am 
Site Admin

Q.Bovifs wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Whomever says Pacquiao would win a fight between him and Floyd neither watches enough nor knows shit about boxing. Simply Rah-Rah shit.

I'm sure there were guys that said the same thing before LaMotta beat Robinson.

I'm sure apples taste just as good as oranges as well. 8)

Obviously, we're talking about four different individuals here so it's not an exact comparison, but even technical wizards hiding in a shell can be beaten. In the case of Robinson-LaMotta II, LaMotta just overpowered Ray. In the case of Pac, it would have to be his unbelievable quickness that overcomes Mayweather's boxing skills. And I wouldn't rule out the idea that Manny's quickness has waned. He certainly hasn't been at his best in his last few fights. But Floyd is still afraid of even a diminished Manny. He's shitting his pants at the mere idea of fighting him. Maybe Bieber can clean his shorts.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Maybe Bieber can clean his shorts.

nah, more likely he'd just talk a bunch of shit to floyd from around a corner, then when he shows up to beat his little ass the biebs would shove out his boy "lil za" and be like "he did it" and then run away while lil za takes the blame/fall for bieber...

which will likely be "rectified" later when bieber pays him $10-50k for his troubles and then sucks him off and/or lets him have another romp with serena while he watches jerking off with anal beads (cuz he's gotta hold out his ass as the ultimate prize that lil za has to earn =)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Mayweather's 100% correct that Pacquiao's desperate. Top Rank's crop of welters is pretty bone dry at this point, and it doesn't help that the opponents they have that could make Manny the most money (which he desperately needs) want significantly bigger pieces of the pie than they did 2 years ago. All this comes on the heels of sluggish sales for his last PPV; the Macau experiment evidently wasn't a success as he and Arum are already crawling back to the MGM for his next fight.

Floyd's pretty much just trolling at this point, as the fight has no realistic shot of getting made at any point in the near future. His TV contract with Showtime would simply be another obstacle. Top Rank is not going to let Manny fight on that network when they're reliant on HBO for pretty much all of their TV dates. And co-network broadcasts won't happen like they did for Tyson-Lewis because Showtime is a more legitimate competitor to HBO now than at any point in the past.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:42 am 
Site Admin

ZephMarshack wrote:
Mayweather's 100% correct that Pacquiao's desperate. Top Rank's crop of welters is pretty bone dry at this point, and it doesn't help that the opponents they have that could make Manny the most money (which he desperately needs) want significantly bigger pieces of the pie than they did 2 years ago. All this comes on the heels of sluggish sales for his last PPV; the Macau experiment evidently wasn't a success as he and Arum are already crawling back to the MGM for his next fight.

Floyd's pretty much just trolling at this point, as the fight has no realistic shot of getting made at any point in the near future. His TV contract with Showtime would simply be another obstacle. Top Rank is not going to let Manny fight on that network when they're reliant on HBO for pretty much all of their TV dates. And co-network broadcasts won't happen like they did for Tyson-Lewis because Showtime is a more legitimate competitor to HBO now than at any point in the past.

All that stuff is true, and in the past Arum has been as responsible for the fight not happening as Mayweather. But I don't believe Floyd would fight him if you could work out all the TV stuff and he got 100% of the money.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

All that stuff is true, and in the past Arum has been as responsible for the fight not happening as Mayweather. But I don't believe Floyd would fight him if you could work out all the TV stuff and he got 100% of the money.
Arum and other Mayweather critics liked to say the same thing about Cotto, but Cotto immediately got the fight when he went independent. I believe the same would happen here if Pacquiao ever left Top Rank; he poses little threat to Floyd at this point anyway. Then again, Cotto was the one protected from Mayweather when they were both at 140, so that particular criticism had little merit in the first place.