It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:15 pm 

I listened on and off all morning and heard not a word about hockey nor baseball.I think both are more important than True Detective.I know Spiegs likes baseball.The Blackhaws played an entertaining game on Sunday,and more interesting than a rant by a DB.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I caught 15 minutes of the show on Monday, and they really like that True Detective thing. They had an endless debate on whether they should spoil the show for the audience......

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
TDEPAUL wrote:
I listened on and off all morning and heard not a word about hockey nor baseball.I think both are more important than True Detective.I know Spiegs likes baseball.The Blackhaws played an entertaining game on Sunday,and more interesting than a rant by a DB.

Hockey was in the first hour....they had Brandon Bollig on and Mac was slurping him pretty heavily. Shocked that Mac didn't ask Bolls to be his beard trimmer.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:57 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
spmack wrote:
TDEPAUL wrote:

Hockey was in the first hour....they had Brandon Bollig on and Mac was slurping him pretty heavily. Shocked that Mac didn't ask Bolls to be his beard trimmer.

Brandon "Bolls" Bollig: More than a goon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Bollig leads the team in penalty minutes with 65. Other team leaders include Nashville's Rich Clune with 85, McGrattan with 93, Zac Rinaldo with 101 for Philly, Antoine Roussel of the Stars with 116, and -- surprise! -- Vancouver's Tom Sestito with 167.

Indeed more than just a fighter. Give him the full 30 seconds he needs to set up his wrist shot and he's unbeatable.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:57 pm 

TDEPAUL, you really need to sharpen up your listening skills, fella. We had Eddie O on MONDAY early (also replayed it 3 hours later) after the big weekend at the UC and Brandon Bollig was really solid today. Not sure if I slurped him as SPMack suggests, but if I can hold a brother through a hockey interview, shit, I'll take it! I promise you, ignoring the Blackhawks isn't gonna happen on my show. Anywho...welcome to the board.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:10 pm 

Mac, can you explain the reasoning behind devoting an entire segment to a TV show that not everyone has seen? It literally made me turn my radio off and I only do that when the sports whisperer is on. Isn't that something you guys can discuss off the air?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:05 pm 

we waited two days after it aired. i assume that's what you meant by your question... that we cheated those who haven't seen it yet and have it on DVR. we issue the spoiler alert disclaimer before discussing it. those who don't want to hear the five to ten minutes on it have the option to ptfb.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:09 pm 

i misunderstood your ? keyser. i'm not too concerned about the show's popularity. if we're passionate about it.... we're gonna hit it for a few mins. it's a great "guy show." besides....we spend five hours together with the plane in the air. i'm not that desirous of continuing conversation with showmates too much outside of that and i'm certain they feel similarly about me.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Keyser Soze wrote:
Mac, can you explain the reasoning behind devoting an entire segment to a TV show that not everyone has seen? It literally made me turn my radio off and I only do that when the sports whisperer is on. Isn't that something you guys can discuss off the air?

Keyser, its a really good show. Just watch it. Get into it!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:22 pm 

I understand being tired of trying to find topics to discuss in such a slow sports time I just wish you picked a different show to talk about. I don't get HBO and I'm trying to figure out how I can watch the damn thing and you guys talking about it for 10 minutes isn't helping.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:34 pm 

You not getting HBO = me not knowing how to use Ipod

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Keyser Soze wrote:
I understand being tired of trying to find topics to discuss in such a slow sports time I just wish you picked a different show to talk about. I don't get HBO and I'm trying to figure out how I can watch the damn thing and you guys talking about it for 10 minutes isn't helping.

EVERYONE GETS HBO!

THE GF PAYS THE VERY MINIMUM AT HER PLACE! SHE HAS LIKE 7 CHANNELS! AND ONE IS HBO!

COME ON KEYSER!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:38 pm 

And I wouldn't call it a slow time. Not yet anyway. We were done with Richard Sherman after Monday's show. Super Bowl 48 can wait until Monday. There were plenty of NFL nuggets to do today and all of it was fun for me. Throw in a little Hawks.... a little Cubs chatter.... Bulls-Lakers and Noah trying to throw the game..... True Detective..... ahhhh... Nirvana! The midday show has been a lot of fun lately... and midday ratings will reflect others are having fun listening to it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
It's never too soon for some Daytona 500 talk.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:41 pm 

I have Showtime. No HBO. My nephew said I can download it from iTunes but that will never happen.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:24 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
I have Showtime. No HBO. My nephew said I can download it from iTunes but that will never happen.

So you're upset that someone is giving "spoilers" to a show that you will never watch?