It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:32 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
POST HERE.

Also, this OFFICIAL thread is for the JANUARY 28th 2014 show

1/28/14

or

I gotta say, Mac was on fire yesterday. Absolutely killing HUB over bad predictions, horrible proclamations, guess work and just overall not liking him. It was a thing and than Mac took out the fucking axe and put some work in. It was awesome. Is there a story behind this, other than Hub being a smug idiot? He also took out the axe to BernSTINE, especially concerning the ESPN v The Score back in the day, I think "I was busy kicking ass" when Meat made mention of Mac being at ESPN.

Great show. Best on the Score by a mile.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:32 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
:lol: Thanks Someguy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:35 am 

Was this to Hub's face?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
checking in. on board again for another solid early afternoon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Was this to Hub's face?

Face to face over the phone, RPB.

Anyone remember what time the Hub and BernSTEIN bashing occurred yesterday? Was it around 12:30? I want to check out the podcast.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:12 am 

Picking back up with some Hub chatter. Guys appear to be in a good mood today.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:13 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Was this to Hub's face?

Anyone remember what time the Hub and BernSTEIN bashing occurred yesterday? Was it around 12:30? I want to check out the podcast.

Thanks, I cant listen at work right now, was this a fight or playful banter or half and half?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:21 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Was this to Hub's face?

Thanks, I cant listen at work right now, was this a fight or playful banter or half and half?

25% playful and 75% Death Laser

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:24 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Was this to Hub's face?

25% playful and 75% Death Laser

Sorry to keep asking. Ill listen to it later, but what started it?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Hub said something about refusing to enjoy himself at media day at SB. Mainly due to idiots and transvestites.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:44 am 

pittmike wrote:
Hub said something about refusing to enjoy himself at media day at SB. Mainly due to idiots and transvestites.

Oh, Hub had his serious journalist hat on. He doesnt have time for ridiculous gimmicks like the internet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
There is no chance that Floyd Mayweather has already bet $10 million on the Broncos.

So, Vegas has already taken in roughly 10% of their total handle on the SuperBowl, on one side, and the number didn't move? Bullshit.

Most of the money comes in from Friday to Sunday.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:05 am 

What do you guys want from your update people? Do you want them to just want them to read the update and get the hell off the air, or do you want to hear their editorial comments and their attempts to be witty?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:15 am 

Mac's making it sound like the Broncos are in the Super Bowl because they "bailed on Cutler." :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
rogers park bryan wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Oh, Hub had his serious journalist hat on. He doesnt have time for ridiculous gimmicks like the internet

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: YES +1000000. It's still early but you've won the day with that comment.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tad Queasy wrote:
Mac's making it sound like the Broncos are in the Super Bowl because they "bailed on Cutler." :roll:

Looking at it objectively you can say that if Cutler was still in Denver, chances are they don't go after Manning/dont have cap room for Manning. Also, the 2 first round draft picks they got for Cutler helped them draft Damaryius Thomas and Eric Decker, 2 very valuable pieces of that offense. It's a statement with merit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:25 pm 

Pretty interesting interview with the guy that sounded like Joe Paterno from the grave.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Looking at it objectively you can say that if Cutler was still in Denver, chances are they don't go after Manning/dont have cap room for Manning. Also, the 2 first round draft picks they got for Cutler helped them draft Damaryius Thomas and Eric Decker, 2 very valuable pieces of that offense. It's a statement with merit.

It's interesting if you think about this, does this go back to the Brady injury in 2008. He is out for the year, then Mcdaniels helps Cassell get 10 wins, so Mcdaniels goes to Denver, wants to trade Cutler so he can bring Cassell to Denver, then Cutler wants out of Denver, so they trade Cutler to Chicago for Orton. Then the Tebow stuff, Denver wanted a real quarterback, and wanted Manning.

COuld be a stretch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Hey Mac - I enjoyed the stories about the Score's past. Tell more.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:49 pm 

reents wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

It's interesting if you think about this, does this go back to the Brady injury in 2008. He is out for the year, then Mcdaniels helps Cassell get 10 wins, so Mcdaniels goes to Denver, wants to trade Cutler so he can bring Cassell to Denver, then Cutler wants out of Denver, so they trade Cutler to Chicago for Orton. Then the Tebow stuff, Denver wanted a real quarterback, and wanted Manning.

COuld be a stretch

In that case, it all started with Bledsoe's injury

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Bottom line-is if they had kept Cutler, they likely never get Manning and they dont have Thomas and Decker, so they would not be in the Super Bowl. By trading Cutler and gettting Damaryius Thomas and Eric Decker with the picks they got for Cutler, then aquiring Manning as a free agent, they are far better off. Had the Bears used those picks on Thomas and Decker and aquired Manning as a free agent, rather than trading for Cutler, they would be far better off too. When Cutlers career is over, he will be remembered as an underachieving QB that never even got to a Super Bowl, much less won one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:02 pm 

bottom line: the broncos were lucky as hell to get manning, as would any team be that might have got him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Tad Queasy wrote:
What do you guys want from your update people? Do you want them to just want them to read the update and get the hell off the air, or do you want to hear their editorial comments and their attempts to be witty?

First. Zaidman is the best at getting through an update without dumb snark. Rongey can if they let him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:01 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

First. Zaidman is the best at getting through an update without dumb snark. Rongey can if they let him.

Exactly, read the copy, be a professional and do the sponsor thing. If the hosts want to engage or you have something really good than do it and move on. Don't make a career or bit out of being dumb during updates.

Also, it was another great fucking show by Mac and Meat, both are firing on all cylinders and doing some great radio. I've actually gone against my vows and listened in (a smidge) to the B&B show after transition.............and holy shit is it terrible. No comparison.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:12 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
SomeGuy wrote:
I've actually gone against my vows and listened in (a smidge) to the B&B show after transition.............and holy shit is it terrible. No comparison.

No shit, SomeGuy. I've tried listening a bit more this week and I can't do it. I think it's because I like to listen to shows where the hosts sound like they enjoy their job and are having fun. Dan just sounds like he is miserable. Nothing close to the old B and B of middays. And it's even more obvious when Dan or Terry are paired with other hosts. Totally different sound.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:16 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Maybe he should learn Could have saved his business.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:53 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Bottom line-is if they had kept Cutler, they likely never get Manning and they dont have Thomas and Decker, so they would not be in the Super Bowl. By trading Cutler and gettting Damaryius Thomas and Eric Decker with the picks they got for Cutler, then aquiring Manning as a free agent, they are far better off. Had the Bears used those picks on Thomas and Decker and aquired Manning as a free agent, rather than trading for Cutler, they would be far better off too. When Cutlers career is over, he will be remembered as an underachieving QB that never even got to a Super Bowl, much less won one.

That's retarded reasoning. It's not like the Broncos had a plan to land Manning. That like someone losing his arm in a horrific machine-shop accident, and subsequently marrying the beautiful nurse who sponge-bathed him saying that losing his arm is the best thing that ever happened to him.

Sure, I guess. But that doesn't mean that losing your arm is a good strategy. It's just dumb luck they were in position to get Manning.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:02 pm 

MattInTheCrown wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

That's retarded reasoning. It's not like the Broncos had a plan to land Manning. That like someone losing his arm in a horrific machine-shop accident, and subsequently marrying the beautiful nurse who sponge-bathed him saying that losing his arm is the best thing that ever happened to him.

Sure, I guess. But that doesn't mean that losing your arm is a good strategy. It's just dumb luck they were in position to get Manning.

The other issue with this reasoning is that Decker was a 3rd round pick. That pick didn't come from the Bears.
Other than that...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:37 am 

Bobby Dollars wrote:
The other issue with this reasoning is that Decker was a 3rd round pick. That pick didn't come from the Bears.
Other than that...
They did get Decker by trading down the Bears pick. They only had that pick because they had the Bears pick at 11th and traded it away.

The Bears pick was 11th.
They traded it down to 13th. They then traded that pick down to 24th, where they got the third round pick that ended up being Erik Decker.
They then traded up two spots to 22nd, with the extra pick they got in the trade for the 11th pick, and they selected Demaryius Thomas.

It shouldn't even be a debate here. Denver CLEARLY made the right decision to move on from Cutler. They have Peyton Manning right now and are probably going to win the Super Bowl. Was there luck involved? Of course. There is luck involved in any good move.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:45 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
It really goes back to when Bledsoe got hurt allowing Brady to play in the first place