It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:33 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
The Bob from Niles bit is unfortunate at best and offensive and disgusting at worst.

See thank god I'm not alone with that. I think I had a thread a few months back bitching about this.

There was a guy in my neighborhood named Phil. Phil lived with his sister, Phyllis. Yeah. Anyway, phil was a WWII guy, France... apparently something happened to him there and he came home "Not Right". I don't know if it was brain damage or if it was PTSD or something like that but he would walk around talking to himself... really needed help remembering to eat and shower and stuff like that.

I remember the kids in the hood making fun of him. Teasing him until he'd scream and hit himself in the head. I was young but I still didn't do anything about that. Nothing.

Maybe that's why I don't like the bob in niles thing.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:38 pm 

Mac wrote:
Thanks Darkside. I'm not in the business of taking things to the PD, but if something deserves to be questioned, I'm down for that. What did TB say about addicts overdosing? Did Dan have thoughts on it? I'm DYING to know. This Bulls-Suns game I'm "watching" ain't gonna light up a room tomorrow.

Hell I wouldn't advocate taking anything to the PD. Man to man stuff. Off air.
I'd ask that you, sometime when you have a chance, listen to Bob's Movie Reviews and perhaps give us your honest opinion.
Ken's opinion is about what I suspect you'd say.

Oh, and if you haven't heard that bit, let me just say, that's a buried lead. :lol: Don't listen to their show, eh? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:41 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Mac wrote:
Thanks Darkside. I'm not in the business of taking things to the PD, but if something deserves to be questioned, I'm down for that. What did TB say about addicts overdosing? Did Dan have thoughts on it? I'm DYING to know. This Bulls-Suns game I'm "watching" ain't gonna light up a room tomorrow.

Mac I don't think B&B said anything more than a heroin addict dying with a needle in the arm deserves it. More along the lines of you're a dumbass not that addiction wasn't real.

Anyway Darko and Dr. Ken hit the Bob thing right. I guess I wasn't particularly aggravated until Bob showed real emotion or bewilderment and was asking B&B to help him know what to do with a bully in his "home". Those fuckers wanted to get to break and still play drops. At that point they should have known geez wtf are we doing here and ending it. Bernsie's wife gets some fucking gay marriage buisness and the homer simpson "gay" drop goes away and he wants the bulls to sign a bench warmer that couldn't beat out Luc Longley in his recliner at 50. Just fed up.

That prick has all you score guys dancing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:42 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Also, there is strong hockey support here talk all you want. And also Eagle Lake fishing but you know I prefer Stanley's Resort but I am sure you have a deal lol.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:43 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Mac wrote:

To be honest he didn't say too much. Just that the are larger tragedies in the world than an addict ODing. (I could be getting even that wrong.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
SpiralStairs wrote:
Mac wrote:

To be honest he didn't say too much. Just that the are larger tragedies in the world than an addict ODing. (I could be getting even that wrong.)

That's but a sliver of it.

I think the gist of it was that Terry cares not for the plight of those suffering from addiction, feels no empathy, thinks they're dumb and could care less what happens to them

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:57 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Mac wrote:

That's but a sliver of it.

I think the gist of it was that Terry cares not for the plight of those suffering from addiction, feels no empathy, thinks they're dumb and could care less what happens to them

I listened to that part of the show from yesterday (because I'm cool) and Terry said he was "limited" on the pity meter and agreed it didn't cross the "threshold" into tragedy. He agreed with Dan's profound realization that there are in fact greater tragedies in the world than a drug addict succumbing to his addiction.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:58 pm 

Thank you. Nobody has anybody "dancing." I've read Beardown suggest the Score is Bernstein's station. It's not. It's Rod Zimmerman's. Thanks for re-opening an Ask Mac thread, Beardown. I look forward to banging out answers Sunday. Touch 'em all on the Rust quote, Dr. Ken. Classic.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:00 pm 

Huh. I must admit that I'm somewhat ambivalent about that. I mean... a guy that bought 50 bags might very well have known what he was doing right? I will admit that I do not understand the thought process behind the heroin addict. Having never been there... I really should just shut up I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:02 pm 

Darkside wrote:
I really should just shut up I guess.

Why start now? :wink:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:02 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Darkside wrote:

You know what man deep down inside I love you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac wrote:
Thank you. Nobody has anybody "dancing." I've read Beardown suggest the Score is Bernstein's station. It's not. It's Rod Zimmerman's. Thanks for re-opening an Ask Mac thread, Beardown. I look forward to banging out answers Sunday. Touch 'em all on the Rust quote, Dr. Ken. Classic.

No. It's Bernstein's station. The younger boys at the SCORE fear him and try to be him. Mitch fears him, too. You know it even though it pains you to admit it.

I'm gonna have a good question. I expect an honest answer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:08 pm 

If anybody really believes all addicts are dumb, he's the one who's dumb. I'd love to take anybody who suggests that to my regular Saturday meeting. We don't talk about money in recovery, but I'm guessing at least four of our 12 regulars earn seven figures. A couple of them own their own companies. One is a high-level contract attorney.

I've been going to that meeting for almost two years, and even though blow isn't my thing and hasn't been for many years, this CA meeting is my favorite because most of us are close in age and ALL of us have plenty to lose. Nobody in that room is impressed by the neighborhood sports talk show host. Everybody has his own success story. We talk about recovery.

Addicts aren't just guys sleeping next to a shopping cart in an alley.... some of them/us are decidedly more successful/functional than 99% of those who aren't addicts/alcoholics.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:09 pm 

Darkside wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Darkside wrote:

You know what man deep down inside I love you.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:12 pm 

You are correct about a few of the younger guys emulating Bernstein, Beardown. It's with them in mind when I mockingly say "the smart station" as I did last week a few times. It's unfortunate guys either feel the need to earn Dan's respect and/or aren't comfortable with being their OWN personality. Fuck unfortunate.... it's bothersome.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:12 pm 

Did Terry say addicts were dumb or did he just imply that an addict dying because of his addiction is not a tragedy? I think I get what he was saying though I didn't hear his words I read paraphrased commentary. I understand his point after a fashion. I mean... as the old saying goes you play with fire... and heroin is fire. I used some drugs in my life, would never fuck with something that could kill me on the first attempt... or on any attempt for that matter.

I knew one guy who used that shit and he always said my next one might be my last one (i.e. dead from it) and it didn't stop him. Not until he died from it. He knew it. But he didn't knock it off. I don't get it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:16 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Mac wrote:
It's with them in mind when I mockingly say "the smart station" as I did last week a few times. It's unfortunate guys either feel the need to earn Dan's respect and/or aren't comfortable with being their OWN personality. Fuck unfortunate.... it's bothersome.

You're preaching to the choir about those 2 things, Mac.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:21 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
The Bob from Niles bit is unfortunate at best and offensive and disgusting at worst.

My vote is for disgusting. Easily the thing that will have me ptfb the quickest. It's Bernstein at his essence, imo. And perhaps most honest on air.

And I wouldn't go too far in characterizing anything Terry said about Hoffman beyond his not having pity (except for his kids) nor considering his passing a "tragedy". Sad, especially for his children, but NOT a tragedy. But then again, I've been a big fan of Terry's since the beginning of the Score, so take that for what it's worth.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
They've never been my thing and for years you guys told me it's an act with B&B. I don't think it is or there is so much acting they don't really know what they are anymore.

It's really sad what drinky has become. I used to like him a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac wrote:
You are correct about a few of the younger guys emulating Bernstein, Beardown. It's with them in mind when I mockingly say "the smart station" as I did last week a few times. It's unfortunate guys either feel the need to earn Dan's respect and/or aren't comfortable with being their OWN personality. Fuck unfortunate.... it's bothersome.

Atta boy, Mackie!!!

I hope they resign you!!! You're up in June, right? Chicago sports radio needs your kind!!!!

Bernstein: Not really. We're better off without his kind.

Mac: Fuck you!!!

CSFMB: :lol:

Last edited by Beardown on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
rogers park bryan wrote:
What are you guys referring to?

At this point with, what, half a dozen board members asking and Mac asking twice and nobody with the time in their busy internet schedule to bother to answer, I think it's just another pile of horseshit ... nothing terribly controversial was actually said until definitively proven otherwise.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:27 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I think,RPB,they are talking about Pittmike emailing Dan in reference to the PR_Bob segment. It was mentioned in a thread yesterday.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:29 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
I think,RPB,they are talking about Pittmike emailing Dan in reference to the PR_Bob segment. It was mentioned in a thread yesterday.

No .... the other topic is allegedly mean old Terry said something about addiction but nobody here seems to have a clear recollection of anything actually happening or they're too cool to otherwise give a straight answer (meaning they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:31 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

No .... the other topic is allegedly mean old Terry said something about addiction but nobody here seems to have a clear recollection of anything actually happening or they're too cool to otherwise give a straight answer (meaning they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground).

Oh hey, it's CSFMB's White Knight and arbiter of posting! He is here to set us all straight!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:33 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Mac wrote:
I look forward to banging out answers Sunday.

I'd appreciate a little hustle up on that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:34 pm 

Darkside wrote:
I knew one guy who used that shit and he always said my next one might be my last one (i.e. dead from it) and it didn't stop him. Not until he died from it. He knew it. But he didn't knock it off. I don't get it.

Never would consider H. The stigma alone in the 80's made it unpopular, plus then you still had to spike up to use it.

I had a buddy/older brother type (RIP) who warned me about coke by saying : "Don't you even bother with it. I shouldn't have, but it was free and everywhere, so you just kinda followed the crowd. It didn't really even do much for me, until it seemed as if I needed it".

My friend has been dead now over 25 years. Thanks for the warning friend.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:35 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

I tHink I pointed out what happened on page two.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:36 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

Oh hey, it's CSFMB's White Knight and arbiter of posting! He is here to set us all straight!

Well go ahead, dickboy ... Mac is waiting for someone to answer, go ahead and tell the man ... you're Mr. showthread, it would seem to make sense for you to run point on the matter ... though expecting you to actually come through in that regard is like expecting a chimp not to throw his own shit around the place, but stranger things have happened.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:36 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

You did.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:37 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

I know you did .... just waiting for the others to verify or say anything substantive on the matter since they seem so interested in it.