It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
SpiralStairs wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
I think,RPB,they are talking about Pittmike emailing Dan in reference to the PR_Bob segment. It was mentioned in a thread yesterday.

No .... the other topic is allegedly mean old Terry said something about addiction but nobody here seems to have a clear recollection of anything actually happening or they're too cool to otherwise give a straight answer (meaning they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground).

I tHink I pointed out what happened on page two.

I know you did .... just waiting for the others to verify or say anything substantive on the matter since they seem so interested in it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Don Tiny wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
I think,RPB,they are talking about Pittmike emailing Dan in reference to the PR_Bob segment. It was mentioned in a thread yesterday.

No .... the other topic is allegedly mean old Terry said something about addiction but nobody here seems to have a clear recollection of anything actually happening or they're too cool to otherwise give a straight answer (meaning they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground).

Oh hey, it's CSFMB's White Knight and arbiter of posting! He is here to set us all straight!

Well go ahead, dickboy ... Mac is waiting for someone to answer, go ahead and tell the man ... you're Mr. showthread, it would seem to make sense for you to run point on the matter ... though expecting you to actually come through in that regard is like expecting a chimp not to throw his own shit around the place, but stranger things have happened.

Hahahhahaha oh brother.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Don Tiny wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

I know you did .... just waiting for the others to verify or say anything substantive on the matter since they seem so interested in it.

You've posted multiple times in multiple threads about this matter....it would seem you're the one that has taken a keen interest in it, friend.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:41 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Don Tiny wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

People not being interested in what I have to say is sorta my thing here.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
SpiralStairs wrote:
People not being interested in what I have to say is sorta my thing here.

:lol: Not what I meant but I see your point ... I reckon you were collateral damage in the exchange.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:01 am 
1000 CLUB

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Mac wrote:
I look forward to banging out answers Sunday.

I'd appreciate a little hustle up on that.

Thank you, boys. We almost had a moment there.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:06 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I'm looking this show up...Will somebody have me over so I can watch it?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:10 am 

Spaulding wrote:
I'm looking this show up...Will somebody have me over so I can watch it?

Sure. Maybe.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:00 am 

Mac wrote:
You are correct about a few of the younger guys emulating Bernstein, Beardown. It's with them in mind when I mockingly say "the smart station" as I did last week a few times. It's unfortunate guys either feel the need to earn Dan's respect and/or aren't comfortable with being their OWN personality. Fuck unfortunate.... it's bothersome.

A-fucking-Men!

Despite whatever flaws or shortcomings you may have or present, yours is now the only show that is yours'. Bothersome is the word that best describes the steady emulation of Bernstein. Which is not entertaining makes ESPN the needed change.

Now, tell the (CA) truth, how many days a week does Boers stay home?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:00 am 

I doubt Terry meant to say All Addicts are dumb. If he did, im sure he was just agreeing with Bernstein.

There ARE greater tragedies than an addict overdosing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:22 pm 

I really haven't heard much Bob in Niles stuff.

I didn't hear the PSH stuff.

I have always said that there is a place for Bernstein type shows at the station. It is valuable show. It was a necessary and welcomed balance in the days when North was the character of the station.

The problem is that it is designed to be niche programming (and I annunciate niche as "neesh" to highlight being part of the thinking man's station). Unfortunately it evolved, for many unfortunate reasons, into the new character of the Score. It is the character despite very modest ratings when matched against a viable alternative in the same time slot. Correct me if I am wrong but I don't believe the show has the best ratings at the station and actually loses listeners from its lead in. The Score has built its house on sand.

It is logical for the younger people at the station to mimic what they see as the designated character. That behavior is rewarded.

It isn't a fun listen. It is also completely condescending as it assumes that I am some monosyllabic sports watcher who is lifted from my ignorance only through the thoughts of the thinking men of the station.

I don't think Bernstein even likes the position of being the character of the station. The show, at its core, is iconoclastic. You cannot be an iconoclast and mainstream at the same time. He frequently mocks the people who copy him or at best keeps them at his knee. The people Dan respects are ones who are what he would have been if his life had taken a different path. He rolls over for anyone with a degree, anyone who is considered a titan of industry or anyone with esoteric knowledge.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:25 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
I really haven't heard much Bob in Niles stuff.

I didn't hear the PSH stuff.

I have always said that there is a place for Bernstein type shows at the station. It is valuable show. It was a necessary and welcomed balance in the days when North was the character of the station.

The problem is that it is designed to be niche programming (and I annunciate niche as "neesh" to highlight being part of the thinking man's station). Unfortunately it evolved, for many unfortunate reasons, into the new character of the Score. It is the character despite very modest ratings when matched against a viable alternative in the same time slot. Correct me if I am wrong but I don't believe the show has the best ratings at the station and actually loses listeners from its lead in. The Score has built its house on sand.

It is logical for the younger people at the station to mimic what they see as the designated character. That behavior is rewarded.

It isn't a fun listen. It is also completely condescending as it assumes that I am some monosyllabic sports watcher who is lifted from my ignorance only through the thoughts of the thinking men of the station.

I don't think Bernstein even likes the position of being the character of the station. The show, at its core, is iconoclastic. You cannot be an iconoclast and mainstream at the same time. He frequently mocks the people who copy him or at best keeps them at his knee. The people Dan respects are ones who are what he would have been if his life had taken a different path. He rolls over for anyone with a degree, anyone who is considered a titan of industry or anyone with esoteric knowledge.

Good post.

Curious Hair had similar thoughts and a great analogy about A changeup ceasing to be a changeup when you throw it exclusively

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:30 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
I also wouldn't discount the possibility that B&b believes his segment on the show is one of the few things Bob in Niles lives for and so they are loathe to take it away from him, in spite of the fact that it has never been funny in the slightest. They mocked a mentally-challenged person for a bit and now they're stuck.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
another proper post by good dolphin... but i gotta pull a "HOLD UP (WAIT A MINUTE!)" sample drop on don tiny calling someone a 'dickboy'

now call me old fashioned, but semantically speaking aren't all boys 'dickboys'? i mean typically you associate the usage of dick-as-prefix with "dickgirl" aka "trap" and "surprise" aka "it's time to play that one song by the horrendously underrated myspace musician "the colonel" about this very subject" but uhhh yeah, i mean, there's definitely 'dickgirl' as a thing..... and i kind of mean that literally.

but 'dickboy' ? unless you're trying to balance the force by making the male equivalent of calling a woman a "Caller Bob" i think your semantics/etymology is all kinds of fucked up here.

oh btw and if anyone checks out that song i linked, go for "cup my balls" with the world cup coming up. that song's great. i remember mixing it into a 6+ min rendition of trololo once...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:49 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
another proper post by good dolphin... but i gotta pull a "HOLD UP (WAIT A MINUTE!)" sample drop on don tiny calling someone a 'dickboy'

now call me old fashioned, but semantically speaking aren't all boys 'dickboys'? i mean typically you associate the usage of dick-as-prefix with "dickgirl" aka "trap" and "surprise" aka "it's time to play that one song by the horrendously underrated myspace musician "the colonel" about this very subject" but uhhh yeah, i mean, there's definitely 'dickgirl' as a thing..... and i kind of mean that literally.

but 'dickboy' ? unless you're trying to balance the force by making the male equivalent of calling a woman a "Caller Bob" i think your semantics/etymology is all kinds of fucked up here.

oh btw and if anyone checks out that song i linked, go for "cup my balls" with the world cup coming up. that song's great. i remember mixing it into a 6+ min rendition of trololo once...

I believe that when a dude tucks like Buffalo Bill it is called v-boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Mac wrote:
You are correct about a few of the younger guys emulating Bernstein, Beardown. It's with them in mind when I mockingly say "the smart station" as I did last week a few times. It's unfortunate guys either feel the need to earn Dan's respect and/or aren't comfortable with being their OWN personality. Fuck unfortunate.... it's bothersome.

I don't know why they think copying him is the way to earn his respect. I would assume he sees right through that...unless it just feeds his ego.