:lol: yup

C'mon Man, wear your CSFMB moniker loud and proud, regardless of venue!! :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
The rest of the world doesn't get me like you guys do

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:50 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I really liked Behemoth's last album Evangelion.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:24 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
I really liked Behemoth's last album Evangelion.

Good album. You'll love "The Satanist".

Check out the video for "Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel". It's as fucked as the Dillinger video you posted.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:24 pm 

If any of you's guys might like to check out a band tonight at YOTI (Ye Olde Towne Inn) in Mt Prospect.

My buddy happens to play bass, but a good description he offered of the genre is "penis touching, uber docking, heavy cock rock ... or metal with a singer that ate an opera singer".
side bonus, you may get to hoist a drink with the elusive Apologist.

check 'em out here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUVYTYflpP4

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:28 pm 

No concert for me tonight but I'll check out the album.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:38 pm 

Listening now. Are these guys signed?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:42 pm 

I'm not sure. They are pretty indie-oriented though, I believe they distribute their material directly to their fans and at least two of the members have started their own record labels, so i hope that gives you some context about their MO.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Or if Mount Prospect isn't your cup of oolong, why not saunter over to the Live Wire Lounge at 3394 N Milwaukee, in the shadow of the mighty Schurz High School, for The Hamburglars 10" vinyl record release party tonight, with special guests The Goblins and The Laroquettes. Why, you might even rub elbows with your old agoraphobic pal Telegram Sam!*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCpuVU4ncCs

(*No actual elbows will be rubbed. This is an expression.)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:11 pm 

Telegram Sam wrote:
Or if Mount Prospect isn't your cup of oolong, why not saunter over to the Live Wire Lounge at 3394 N Milwaukee, in the shadow of the mighty Schurz High School, for The Hamburglars 10" vinyl record release party tonight, with special guests The Goblins and The Laroquettes. Why, you might even rub elbows with your old agoraphobic pal Telegram Sam!*

How will I know which person is Telegram Sam?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:12 pm 

Apologist wrote:
If any of you's guys might like to check out a band tonight at YOTI (Ye Olde Towne Inn) in Mt Prospect.

My buddy happens to play bass, but a good description he offered of the genre is "penis touching, uber docking, heavy cock rock ... or metal with a singer that ate an opera singer".

check 'em out here:

It's only youtube quality but from what I could hear the mixing was pretty damn good which is really impressive.

The problem is the music itself. First off, the vocalist is a mess. Pick a fuckin thing, dude. I don't know what they're aimin for with the vocalist going into that many different styles. I don't know what I'm suppose to feel when he does shit like that. It's one thing to want to be original but this is just stupid. His Geoff Tate voice is the best one and I wish he'd stick with that more. I don't know if he's able to hit higher notes like someone like Tate or Dickinson but if he can, I wish he would. I love a good power metal voice. I wish he'd ditch the scream all together. I heard him go into a couple of death metal type grunts, which was cool. He had a couple other voices which were stupid too.

The song writing itself is generic and gets stale quick. I quickly found myself being able to predict how the songs were going to go. They also have problems using bridges. Their transitions going from a verse into the chorus make no sense. They have some nice riffs and some boring generic ones, that's fine. I only recall one real solo, I believe it was track 5. Was some nice shredding. I don't believe all songs need guitar solos but the songs need to be more interesting if you're not going to pull off some wicked solos.

The best song was the last song, Stand In Line. It's another song where they have no idea how to transition from the verse to the chorus but I still enjoyed it and found it interesting. Couple of really cool riffs.

I don't know if they want to make it or not but if they do they need to touch up on their song writing and figure out exactly who they want to be because right now they're all over the place and it's distracting. The bass is uninspiring too.

They sound like they'd be a fun band to see live though. Have fun.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
spanky wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:

How will I know which person is Telegram Sam?

Well, as Bagels and JORR will attest, I am pretty much constantly throwing up gang signs, so that's one way.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:26 pm 

Telegram Sam wrote:

I'll be there

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:44 pm 

Hockey Gay wrote:
Apologist wrote:

check 'em out here:

It's only youtube quality but from what I could hear the mixing was pretty damn good which is really impressive.

The problem is the music itself. First off, the vocalist is a mess. Pick a fuckin thing, dude. I don't know what they're aimin for with the vocalist going into that many different styles. I don't know what I'm suppose to feel when he does shit like that. It's one thing to want to be original but this is just stupid. His Geoff Tate voice is the best one and I wish he'd stick with that more. I don't know if he's able to hit higher notes like someone like Tate or Dickinson but if he can, I wish he would. I love a good power metal voice. I wish he'd ditch the scream all together. I heard him go into a couple of death metal type grunts, which was cool. He had a couple other voices which were stupid too.

The song writing itself is generic and gets stale quick. I quickly found myself being able to predict how the songs were going to go. They also have problems using bridges. Their transitions going from a verse into the chorus make no sense. They have some nice riffs and some boring generic ones, that's fine. I only recall one real solo, I believe it was track 5. Was some nice shredding. I don't believe all songs need guitar solos but the songs need to be more interesting if you're not going to pull off some wicked solos.

The best song was the last song, Stand In Line. It's another song where they have no idea how to transition from the verse to the chorus but I still enjoyed it and found it interesting. Couple of really cool riffs.

I don't know if they want to make it or not but if they do they need to touch up on their song writing and figure out exactly who they want to be because right now they're all over the place and it's distracting. The bass is uninspiring too.

They sound like they'd be a fun band to see live though. Have fun.

I took the liberty of passing your message onto one of the band members. this was his response:

If you don't mind, thank him for listening for us. We're not trying to make it, but we do strive for quality so we appreciate thoughts, even critical ones. The only thing I'd defend is the singing- give it a chance and it grows on you. aforementioned... Gay Person :lol: probably gets that, it's just not his thing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:17 am 

My dad is a really good artist and did a painting of Rudolf Schenker as a pirate back in the 80's (You can't make this shit up). He got backstage at one of their gigs and got all 5 of them to sign it. That had to of been fucking strange for them :lol:

He has pics of them signing it, he should upload them so I can share them.

I think these guys have been on a retirement tour for the last 5 years, who knows anymore.

Band: The Scorpions
Genre: Heavy Metal/Hard Rock
Song: Loving You Sunday Morning
Album: Lovedrive (1979)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY6497ujHPk

Not enough leather, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Man Lovedrive is a great LP/ I ahd the vinyl one with the cover that had the tit with gum. I was huge on Scorps until they did that dumb ass gorky park song. lol.

Aside, I saw UFO with Michael Shenker on one of their reunion things. About 93? Want't to say it was Aragon or similar place. I could swear the opener was Green Day or a Green Day like band, :lol: Its fuzzy.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Apologist wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHA..... holy shit, that's fucking awesome. well played, sir!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:45 am 

Another funny Scorps story.... 88-89 or so I go to Scorpions show with friends. In the first few rows maybe Rosemont or back then a lot of shows at UIC Pavillion. Anyway this opening band was okay they were a girlie hard rock band. I found it odd that they were called for an encore but more odd that they played a song for encore they already played. Bon Jovi and Runaway lol.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:49 am 

pittmike wrote:
Man Lovedrive is a great LP/ I ahd the vinyl one with the cover that had the tit with gum. I was huge on Scorps until they did that dumb ass gorky park song. lol.

Aside, I saw UFO with Michael Shenker on one of their reunion things. About 93? Want't to say it was Aragon or similar place. I could swear the opener was Green Day or a Green Day like band, :lol: Its fuzzy.

Crazy World is the album. Yea, that one sucks, "Tease me, Please Me" still makes me cringe. I like their 70's stuff the best, mainly with Uli Jon Roth but their 80's stuff is still good too.

I saw them in '95 with Alice Cooper, I think that was my first concert. I wanted my Dad to take me to see that UFO concert with Michael you're talking about in '93 but I was only a kid and it was 21 and up so I couldn't go :(

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:55 am 

Cool.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hockey Gay wrote:
I wanted my Dad to take me to see that UFO concert with Michael you're talking about in '93 but I was only a kid and it was 21 and up so I couldn't go :(

How old are you?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

So...

these guys are pretty fucking awesome.
After The Burial - A Wolf Amongst Ravens

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:54 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm having a hard time embracing the new "guitar god guys" simply because of the way the music is presented. It's so vocal do or die for me and many of the new singers I just cannot embrace. The whiny scream thing just doesn't work for me.

Vai and Satch are still touring, still releasing albums...so, to me they are still the best. There is nothing the new guys are doing that Vai couldn't do...he's just not doing it. Tosin, for me is the next "genius" because he is the first person to take the instrument to a new direction (in the "metal" world).

I can appreciate the abilities of the new guys, but the music is just...sorta boring to me. I like the djent percussive stuff. The evolved math rock that Meshuggah and Mudvayne perfected.

I guess I'm getting old. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:01 pm 

I dislike a lot more stuff than I like, most of these guys bore me to tears. Not just the new guys, the old guys too. People suck at songwriting. And the whiny scream thing seems to be prominent in metalcore, which pretty much ruins the genre for me.

Give me good song writers over guitar gods any day.

Nergal is not a guitar god by any means but he just set the metal bar ridiculously high for 2014 with The Satanist.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:10 pm 

Megadeth's last two albums have been meh but it doesn't change the fact that 2009's Endgame was some of their best work and was personally my favorite album of theirs since 1994's Youthansia.

It's an awesome album that allowed us to listen to Mustaine recapture his magic that we hadn't seen in such a long time. There's so many good songs but "How The Story Ends" is my personal favorite. Awesome riffs and a catchy chorus. Mustaine lucked out big time by getting Chris Broderick to play guitar with him as they feed off of each other really well.

Band: Megadeth
Genre: Thrash Metal
Song: How The Story Ends
Album: Endgame (2009)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FUSHSbdtJY

y u heff to be mad?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I saw the Youthanasia tour when they came to Chicago in 1995. Pretty sure the show was at the Aragon.
I remember it being a pretty good show. I have only been to a couple of metal shows in my life. That one
and I also saw Tool at the Aragon in the mid 90s.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:34 pm 

I forget the name of the other north side place I used to see metal shows at. Wasn't like the Aragaon. Was a simple place that had the main level usually general admission no chairs etc. Then ringing around the top was a balcony style few rows or whatever where you could sit I think? Maybe started with an M but wasn't metro.