It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Curious Hair wrote:
No love for "Traveling Riverside Blues"? I know it gets lost on Coda, but there are a few gems on there. I always dug "White Summer," too.

Good song. I dig it. Hate to do this, but it actually isn't on Coda. First released on the 1st box set that came out in 1990. Re-released on the BBC CD from 1997.

Okay, so they did stick it on Coda on a re-release. I was referring to the original Coda release. I stand corrected.

I was correct about it first appearing on the 1990 box set, however.

Last edited by ShipOfZion on Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Curious Hair wrote:
No love for "Traveling Riverside Blues"? I know it gets lost on Coda, but there are a few gems on there. I always dug "White Summer," too.

Traveling Riverside Blues, is great, as are We're Gonna Groove, Darlene, and Walter's Walk.

Last edited by Tad Queasy on Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I'm just considering the reissue to be canon at this point, because wgaf, it's Coda. That one added "Hey, Hey, What Can I Do," too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:53 pm 

And the one I mentioned in my first post in this thread...... Wearing and Tearing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:59 pm 

Those tracks from Coda we're talking about, I put them as bonus tracks on the albums they were recorded during. So Travelin'.... goes on I, Hey, Hey... goes on III. In fact, Hey, Hey was the B-side on Immigrant Song single 45 rpm I do believe.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:01 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:
Fan is from fanatic. If you immerse yourself into something and know more about it and devote more time to it and all the rest of it, you're a bigger fan (fanatic) than someone who just kind of has a surface knowledge or a general interest in the same thing.
Uh oh. You'd better tell Joe Orr you attend NFL games on a monthly basis or he'll tell you that you are not an NFL fan even if you do everything you just listed.

Attending the games would certainly be part of his definition, wouldn't it, Frank?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:15 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
so when i was back in high school i used to write vb3/4 applications to do your veritable ms powerpoint slideshow presentation, cuz hey what the fuck i did the same thing with tutortech in 4th/5th grade on the apple IIe's, so it wasn't even some "hurr hurr look at me i'm the computer hipster" (please forgive the anachronistic colloquialism there) as i didnt know a damn thing about powerpoint but i'll be extra damned if you're not talking to the guy who made both aophun v1b4 and the forgotten-on-the-internet a031337 applications.

so yeah, having the dude who i got into the childrens-book-reading-war with (PROTIP: i won. heartily.) with his off-the-same-assembly-line friends in the honors chem class he was one of those jr/sr year honors student "zeppelin stoners" who got into growing out their hair some, smoking crappy/ish weed (which eventually they revered us like gods for being able to help them upgrade the paradigm with, amusingly enough), and wearing zeppelin shirts. or well, now that i think about it in his presentation he took a shot with a pre-photoshop of my head on a fat chick in a two piece bikini's body, but i wanted to take the higher road and make a philosophical point and get to the root of the problem.

i used to make slides and all that, but i coded in a little control panel with names on the buttons reflecting the slides. so when i did this presentation i made sure prominently featured at the bottom of my remote control thingy was a "led zeppelin" button that i wouldn't make any sort of reference or gesture to in the least. so i did my presentation on whatever chemistry stuff and took questions, and at the end good ol mr. alperin (or "gar" as we called him. dude was married to the vp of marketing at ameritech, and she was getting him sitting courtside during the jordan years. he was "the dude" accordingly) knew i had to put that there for a reason and he asked "so jim, what's the led zeppelin button for?"

well only because i live to do requests i clicked the button and the volume jumped up an the speakers blared this song out with only one point right to that motherfucker jason when the word "idiots" came up

and that was the end of the great media/meta war with jason. suffice to say, i dont know why he wanted any after what i did to him in oral comm class, but hey, i guess some people are gluttons for punishment, are they not?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Impossible to pick 5...

Achllies Last Stand
Kashmir
Hots on for Nowhere
Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp
Bring it on Home
C'mon Everybody/Something Else
The Rain Song (prettiest song ever written, IMO)
Trampled Underfoot
How Many More Times
We're Gonna Grove
Hot Dog
Dancing Days
Misty Mountain Hop
One of the few times a Sox and Cub fan can agree on something

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.