It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:26 pm 
The hell PPV is that picture from? It was the only one they used the bamboo cage. It was at the Horizon. I was there. Damned if I can remember when it was.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
A Punjabi Prison match I believe. So either, Undertaker/Khali, Khali/Batista or Undertaker/Big Show? Maybe 2006 or 2007.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:38 pm 
I wanna say Khali - Batista.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:16 pm 
No Mercy. 2007.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Point of historical fact.
When the Renegades jumped from WCW to WWE and Benoit was technically still WCW Champ Trips beat him and ECW CHamp Taz clean all in the space of three days.
So he has a somewhat legit claim to being the King of Kings.
Everybody was waiting to see what was going to happen when Trips and Stef got more control. With all the ass kissing people doing talking about Trips and his respect for the business we now see the truth. Just like when any performer has the book he puts himself and his friends o top no matter what the people who matter,ie the fans want. If Punk does not show at Wrestlemania then this is not a work and he is gone gone gone.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I am starting to think Punk is gone or if he does come back, maybe in a year.

If they make Bryan vs Triple H, with a stip that if Bryan wins gets in the match with Batista-Orton, won't everyone going in know Bryan wins and will leave Mania champion.

If it stays Batista-Orton, won't be the last match at Mania, should be Taker-Lesnar.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
There is a precedent with having the title match not being the main event right? I expect them to do something goofy with the two belts. Maybe split them up or have two matches. Just so dumb for Trips to have a match.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
reents wrote:
I am starting to think Punk is gone or if he does come back, maybe in a year.

If they make Bryan vs Triple H, with a stip that if Bryan wins gets in the match with Batista-Orton, won't everyone going in know Bryan wins and will leave Mania champion.

If it stays Batista-Orton, won't be the last match at Mania, should be Taker-Lesnar.

well really man, this is a whole "thing" of creative vs the marks. we're going to find out if at the end of the day vince/HHH knows best in terms of giving us what we need as opposed to what we want, because if they bow to populism then yeah d-bry will get coronated at mania (one way or another) --- if not, well, they really don't have anything for orton to do..... and he's certainly got the look (chicks do dig him, bagshitting or otherwise) and obviously he's a legacy guy, but yeah how many times do we have to see cena/orton in our lifetimes? it's one thing if WWE wants to try and slip one by us that "THIS IS THE FIRST TIME DANIEL BRYAN IS FACING BATISTA" in the hopes that we dont remember that time when d-bry was 0-9 on NXT (they've always made him job his ass off, epitomized by the ~20sec match @ his first mania) and he faced batista in a "beat the clock" match.... but coming out on the other side like cena/orton is some BIG FUCKING DEAL that historically has meant all kinds of excellence whenever they meet? come on dude....

but then again i have no idea wtf the WWE is doing. for example: yes cena needs something to do, and i get that they're trying to push the wyatts via programs with the hottest/biggest guys in the company like d-bry and now cena... but holy shit man that shield/wyatts match @ the chamber was the fucking goods. brainless choice for match of the night, likely 4.5 or 5 stars on the match rating, and it was just fantastic.... so when it ended my first thought was "oh my lord, just think of all of the crazy spots they're saving for their mania match" ---- but instead nope. the WWE isnt going to give us the ultimate payoff of a feud we salivated over when it was first talked about that the wyatts were graduating from NXT and coming up to the main roster.... i mean everyone was hyped that wyatts/shield was gonna be the goods and we couldnt wait to see it.... but now we get a match at a C-grade PPV and some stuff on free tv and that's it? i mean i'm not bitching that they'll give us watered down versions of the chamber match on RAWs (cuz lord knows they have plenty of time to fill up with the weekly 3hrs, not to mention smackdown superstars main event and i think they still do saturday morning slam?) but still i thought having that hot match play out even more extreme @ mania was a slam dunk no brainer......

but now the wyatts gotta face cena.... and it's not like the wyatts were building up a sleeper army. i thought that kane should have been exposed as a sleeper agent who infiltrated "the authority" and then when the wyatts start building up a monster stable of sleepers (like let's say that d-bry becomes champion and after a 6 month run BLAM, you find out that he only faked leaving the wyatts and he's been their agent all along and now they've got guys in WWE authority and they've got the champ and now they're converting all of the guys they beat and now they're ~7 deep and a force that nobody in the WWE can stop EXCEPT..... (superface/team here) --- i mean that's how i'd do it, i'd have them be a burgeoning force of darkness that threatens the whole WWE......

but instead we're just gonna get them feuding with various top stars in those 3-on-1 thingys so they'll get their shine and they'll get their props as being booked as "credible heels" and all that.... but we wont get teh awesomeness of bray wyatt's cult leader gimmick, you know, ACTUALLY STARTING A FUCKING CULT!

ah well TL;DR.... we'll see what they do because it's going to be fascinating if they leave boo-tista (props to that crowd for that one) vs bagshitter boreton as the main event in mania. if that match closes out the night i think they're going to have some kind of backlash...... because i can understand the ethos of wanting to drag out the d-bry buildup to coronation for as long as possible because he's exactly where they want him to be with the crowd, and when he gets the belt and retains a couple'a times there's going to be a huge cosmic letdown cuz the fans have "reached the plateau" --- so depending on if/how the d-bry title chase ultimately pays off this could be a bit of fantastic booking that ended up being > than us gritting our teeth as we all knew d-bry shoulda had his moment @ summerslam or whatever, but still..... yeah, methinks having him win the strap @ mania and defend it 3-4 times and THEN you find out he's still under the wyatts control and blah blah blah when the face run dries up (you know, same thing they did with punk's yearlong run where he slowly turned into a cocky heel because he held the strap for so long... they pre-emptively stuck with punk to make sure he didnt get stale as a super/face) and yeah hey look they got kane converted and cane converted HHH or steph and they're a plague that must be stopped..... that's where i hope the wyatts are eventually going.

but i wont hold my breath. they'll just be booked as standalone strong heels that get big guys to job until someone rises up to squash them, as my dreams of a monster stable will be just that.... dreams

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
You're spending too much time with this. Its just "Vince Wrestling". It's generally bad and not worth the effort.

(And I like Bryan Danielson & Punk)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Beebo wrote:
You're spending too much time with this. Its just "Vince Wrestling". It's generally bad and not worth the effort.

(And I like Bryan Danielson & Punk)

yeah touche.... but hey i had the day off and it felt like the right thing to do at the time, so i put the "pounding" into "expounding."

for the record, on monday night i was calling for "the E" to not bring punk back at that show and if they're gonna bring him back anytime soon have it be a surpriise assist/match/stip/etc at mania. in this perpetually-connected / social-media day and age if you can get away with somehow smuggling punk into the building in the back of a food service truck and get him out there as a total shock/surprise in such a way that, say, assists d-bry in his quest for coronation as WWEWHC (WWE/WHC? or just champ? obviously you can tell that orton is a "transitional" champion because they haven't unified the straps into a new one, which you figure they're waiting for their next "big" face guy to do, you know akin to how they had cena eventually come out with the spinner belt and how TNA had the jeff hardy TNA divas championship..... so my guess is that whenever d-bry gets coronated (and if they're smart it'd be mania, cuz while i get/endorse what they're doing with dicking people around for the better part of a year, still, you dont wanna lose this heat, even if giving d-bry the strap ultimately kills a lot of the buzz/joy of yearning for him to get it)

AHEM. yeah TL;DR = sneak punk back at mania, maybe do a worked-shoot thing where he runs in through the crowd in street clothes or something (tho we'd see right through that, the kids might buy it that CM punk bought a ticket and was so aghast at the injustice about to go down when HHH was about to screwjob daniel bryan at the end of their match (where there's a stip that d-bry can make the WWE/WHC bout a 3-day if he beats HHH) and then as kane/ref/whoever is about to screw d-bry punk in street clothes flies in from the crowd with the save.....) and then they can make it seem like even tho he's out of the organization he couldnt stand to see his buddy d-bry get screwed and then rah rah rah bryan gets his title but HHH is pissed and injustice this injustice that setting up the rematches/stips and then ultimately putting d-bry and punk together as the modern equivalent of the mega powers, which they pretty much would be (at least in terms of populist fan views)

and yeah you have a point tho.... no more endless prattling on about vince booking! shomer shabbos!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Something changed in late 1999 for a young Paul Levesque. I wonder what it was?

1/3 RAW - beat the Big Show to win the WWE Championship
1/23 Royal Rumble - beat Cactus Jack in a Street Fight
2/27 No Way Out - forced Mick Foley to retire by beating him in a Hell in a Cell match
4/2 WrestleMania 2000 - beat the Rock, Mick Foley & the Big Show
4/30 Backlash - lost the WWE Title to the Rock
5/21 Judgment Day - regained the WWE Title from the Rock in an Iron Man match
6/25 King of the Ring - Six-Man Team Tag Match for the WWE Title: The Rock became champ by pinning Vince McMahon in a match featuring the Rock, Kane & the Undertaker against Triple H, Vince & Shane McMahon
7/23 Fully Loaded - beat Chris Jericho in a Last Man Standing match
8/27 SummerSlam - WWE Champion the Rock beat Triple H & Kurt Angle
9/24 Unforgiven - beat Kurt Angle
10/22 No Mercy - beat Chris Benoit
11/19 Survivor Series - fought to a no contest with Steve Austin
12/10 Armageddon - Hell in a Cell Match for WWE Title: Champ Kurt Angle beat the Rock, Steve Austin ,Triple H, Rikishi, & the Undertaker

1/21 Royal Rumble - lost to WWE Champion Kurt Angle
2/25 No Way Out - beat Steve Austin in a Best of 3 falls match. Austin won fall 1, Triple H won the last 2 falls which were street fight & cage match rules
4/1 WrestleMania X-7 - lost to the Undertaker
4/5 SmackDown - beat Chris Jericho to win the I-C Championship
4/12 SmackDown - lost the I-C title to Jeff Hardy
4/16 RAW - beat Jeff Hardy to regain the I-C Championship
4/29 Backlash - w/Steve Austin won the Tag Team Titles from Kane & the Undertaker
5/20 Judgment Day - lost the I-C Title to Kane in a chain match
5/21 RAW - w/Steve Austin lost the World Tag Team titles to Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit. During this match, Triple H suffered a severe leg injury.

1/20 Royal Rumble - Triple H won the Royal Rumble last eliminating Kurt Angle
2/17 No Way Out - lost to Kurt Angle
3/17 WrestleMania X8 - beat Chris Jericho to win the WWE Championship
4/21 Backlash - lost the WWE Championship to Hulk Hogan
5/19 Judgment Day - beat Chris Jericho in a Hell in a Cell match
6/23 King of the Ring - lost to WWE Champion the Undertaker
8/25 SummerSlam 2002 - lost to Shawn Michaels in an Unsanctioned Street Fight. This was Shawn's first match in over 5 years.
9/2 RAW - Eric Bischoff presents Triple H with the World Heavyweight Championship because Brock Lesnar took the WWE Championship to SmackDown
9/22 Unforgiven - beat Rob Van Dam
10/20 No Mercy - World Heavyweight & I-C Title Unification Match: World Champ Triple H beat I-C Champ Kane
10/20 No Mercy - The I-C title is vacated after this match
11/17 Survivor Series - Elimination Chamber for World Heavyweight Championship: Shawn Michaels beat champ Triple H, Booker T, Rob Van Dam, Chris Jericho & Kane to win the title
12/15 Armageddon - World Title best of 3 falls (streetfight, cage, & ladder match): Triple H beat Shwan Michaels to win the title. Triple H won falls 1 & 3

1/19 Royal Rumble lost to Scott Steiner by DQ
2/23 No Way Out - beat Scott Steiner
3/30 WrestleMania XIX - beat Booker T
4/27 Backlash - Triple H, Ric Flair & Chris Jericho beat Kevin Nash, Shawn Michaels, & Booker T
5/18 Judgment Day - lost to Kevin Nash by DQ
6/15 Bad Blood - beat Kevin Nash in a Hell in a Cell match. Mick Foley was referee
8/24 SummerSlam - Elimination Chamber for World Heavyweight Championship: Triple H beat Goldberg, Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, Randy Orton, & Chris Jericho
9/21 Unforgiven - lost the World Heavyweight Championship to Goldberg
11/16 Survivor Series - lost to World Champion Goldberg
12/14 Armageddon - World Heavyweight Title: Triple H beat champion Goldberg and Kane to win the title

1/25 Royal Rumble - fought to a draw with Shawn Michaels in a last man standing match
3/14 WrestleMania XX - Chris Benoit beat champ Triple H & Shawn Michaels to win the World Heavyweight Championship
4/18 Backlash - Chris Benoit beat Triple H & Shawn Michaels
6/13 Bad Blood - beat Shawn Michaels in a Hell in a Cell match
7/11 Vengeance - lost to World Champion Chris Benoit
8/15 SummerSlam - beat Eugene
9/12 Unforgiven - beat Randy Orton to win the World Heavyweight Championship
10/19 Taboo Tuesday beat Shawn Michaels
11/14 Survivor Series - Winners each get control of Raw for a week: Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, Chris Benoit & Maven beat Triple H, Batista, Snitsky, & Edge
11/29 RAW - fought Chris Benoit and Edge to a no-contest. The title is later declared vacant.

1/9 New Year's Revolution - Elimination Chamber for vacant World Heavyweight Championship: Triple H beat Randy Orton, Batista, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, & Edge to win the title
1/30 Royal Rumble - beat Randy Orton
4/3 WrestleMania 21 - lost the World Heavyweight Championship to Batista
5/1 Backlash - lost to World Champion Batista
6/26 Vengeance - lost to World Champion Batista in a Hell in a Cell match
11/1 Taboo Tuesday - lost to I-C Champion Ric Flair in a steel cage match
11/27 Survivor Series - beat I-C Champion Ric Flair in a non-title last man standing match

1/8 New Year's Revolution - beat the Big Show
3/18 SNME - John Cena & Triple H beat Rey Mysterio, Kurt Angle, & Randy Orton
4/2 WrestleMania 22 - lost to WWE Champion John Cena
4/30 Backlash - WWE Champion John Cena beat Triple H & Edge
6/25 Vengeance - Handicap Match: D-X (Shawn Michaels & Triple H) beat the Spirit Squad (Kenny/Mikey/Johnny/Nicky/Mitch)
7/15 SNME - Elimination Match: D-Generation X beat the Spirit Squad
8/20 SummerSlam - D-X beat Vince & Shane McMahon
9/17 Unforgiven - D-X beat beat Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon, and the Big Show in a Hell in a Cell match
11/5 Cyber Sunday - Randy Orton & Edge beat D-Generation X in a match with Eric Bischoff serving as the special guest referee
11/26 Survivor Series - Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, and CM Punk beat Randy Orton, Edge, Gregory Helms, Johnny Nitro, and Mike Knox

1/7 New Year's Revolution - D-X vs World Tag Team Champions Edge & Randy Orton ended in a No Contest.
8/26 SummerSlam - beat King Booker
9/16 Unforgiven - beat Carlito in a match where Carlito couldn't be disqualified
10/7 No Mercy - won the WWE Championship from Randy Orton
10/7 No Mercy - beat Umaga
10/7 No Mercy - lost the WWE Championship to Randy Orton in a Last Man Standing Match
10/28 Cyber Sunday - beat Umaga in a Street Fight
11/18 Survivor Series - Triple H, Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio, & Kane beat Umaga, Finlay, Big Daddy V, MVP, & Kennedy
12/16 Armageddon - lost to Jeff Hardy

1/27 Royal Rumble - John Cena eliminated Triple H to win the Royal Rumble
2/17 No Way Out - Elimination Chamber: Triple H beat Shawn Michaels, Jeff Hardy, Chris Jericho, JBL, and Umaga
3/30 WrestleMania XXIV - WWE Champion Randy Orton beat Triple H & John Cena
4/27 Backlash - Triple H beat WWE Champion Randy Orton, John Cena, & JBL in an Elimination Match to win the title
5/18 Judgment Day - beat Randy Orton in a Steel Cage Match
6/1 One Night Stand - beat Randy Orton in a Last Man Standing Match
6/29 Night of Champions - beat John Cena
7/20 Great American Bash - beat Edge
8/17 SummerSlam - beat The Great Khali
9/7 Unforgiven - beat Jeff Hardy, Brian Kendrick, MVP, and Shelton Benjamin in a Scramble Match
10/5 No Mercy - beat Jeff Hardy
10/26 Cyber Sunday - beat Jeff Hardy
11/23 Survivor Series - Edge beat Triple H & Vladimir Kozlov to win the WWE Championship
12/14 Armageddon - Jeff Hardy beat Champion Edge and Triple H to win the WWE Championship

1/25 Royal Rumble - Randy Orton eliminated Triple H to win the Royal Rumble
2/15 No Way Out - beat WWE Champion Edge, Undertaker, Jeff Hardy, Big Show, & Vladimir Kozlov in an Elimination Chamber Match to win the title
4/5 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania - beat Randy Orton in a match where he would have lost the title of he was counted out or disqualified
4/26 Backlash – Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, & Ted DiBiase beat WWE Champion Triple H, Shane McMahon, & Batista. As a result, Orton won the title.
6/28 The Bash - lost to WWE Champion Randy Orton in a 3-stages of hell match
7/26 Night of Champions - lost to WWE Champion Randy Orton & John Cena
8/23 SummerSlam - w/Shawn Michaels beat Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase
9/13 Breaking Point - w/Shawn Michaels lost to Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase in a Submissions Count Anywhere Match
10/4 Hell in a Cell - w/Shawn Michaels beat Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase in a Hell in a Cell Match
10/25 Bragging Rights - Team SmackDown (Chris Jericho, Kane, Matt Hardy, Finlay, R-Truth, David Hart Smith, & Tyson Kidd) beat Team RAW (Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Big Show, Kofi Kingston, Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger, & Mark Henry)
11/22 Survivor Series - WWE Champion John Cena beat Triple H & Shawn Michaels
12/13 TLC - w/Shawn Michaels won the Unified Tag Team Championship from Chris Jericho & Big Show in a TLC Match

2/8 RAW - Big Show & Miz beat Champions DX and CM Punk & Luke Gallows in a Triple Threat Elimination Match to win the Unified Tag Team Championship
2/21 Elimination Chamber - John Cena beat WWE Champion Sheamus, Triple H, Kofi Kingston, Ted DiBiase, and Randy Orton in an Elimination Chamber Match to win the title
3/28 WrestleMania XXVI - beat Sheamus
4/25 Extreme Rules - lost to Sheamus in a Street Fight

4/3 WrestleMania XXVII - lost to The Undertaker in a No Holds Barred Match
9/18 Night of Champions - beat CM Punk in a NO DQ Match where he would have been forced to resign as COO if he lost
10/23 Vengeance - w/CM Punk lost to The Miz & R-Truth
12/18 TLC - beat Kevin Nash in a Sledgehammer Ladder Match

4/1 WrestleMania XXVIII - lost to The Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell Match featuring Shawn Michaels as the Special Guest Referee
8/19 SummerSlam - lost to Brock Lesnar

4/7 WrestleMania XXIX - beat Brock Lesnar in a No Holds Barred Career Threatening Match
5/19 Extreme Rules - lost to Brock Lesnar in an Extreme Rules Match

Paul Roma wrote:
"If you didn't take it in your a**, yeah you married the boss's daughter, I get that. Something's not right there, that I think we can all agree with. But at the end of the day, you're not a great f****** worker. You're not the Ultimate Warrior, jumping up on the ropes. You're not Hulk f***** Hogan. You'll never be as big as any of them, or Savage.

"You could write yourself into every WrestleMania, every year, every six months, you're in another thing. But at the end of the f****** day, you are who you are."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:44 pm 

:lol: That's funny. Paul Fucking Roma. He couldn't lace up HHH's boots on his best day.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
I wouldn't use Ultimate Warrior or Hogan as examples of "good workers." But they both put asses in the seats.