It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Inventory
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Zizou can speak for himself but I'm sure he's referring to the War for the SCORE which Bernstein obviously won. Part of that is because Mac was on another station but its still true

Once Mac left and Boers became old, it was only North and Murphy left to fight Bernstein

And we all know North broke up HFC with his MNMS aspirations

Norths dillusions lost the SCORE war

Better way to put it, North lost. Not sure Bernstein won.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:56 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Bucky Chris wrote:
Just to mention it again, calling him "our Senior Columnist" is one of the funniest things I've ever read on this board. Burst out laughing when I read it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:59 am 

Wow. North goes national. Mac goes international. Bernstein is still local.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:40 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
The best nugget I took away from tranny was Mac telling Bernstein;

"Be Entertaining!!!"

Thank you, Mac.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I do appreciate that Mac comes here to get his balls washed but I would prefer he go toe to toe with Dan on air. Dan is at his best being silly and off kilter. Someone needs to remind him of that from time to time and I think a good wang whipping from Mac would be just what the doctor ordered. Terry could do it if he could be bothered to wake up.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
I do appreciate that Mac comes here to get his balls washed but I would prefer he go toe to toe with Dan on air. Dan is at his best being silly and off kilter. Someone needs to remind him of that from time to time and I think a good wang whipping from Mac would be just what the doctor ordered. Terry could do it if he could be bothered to wake up.

Ohhh, Mr. McNeil...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:32 pm 

I remember on the Stern show when Jackie insisted on being Senior Writer but they would never give him a raise.

Senior Writer at the Score is like Dwight Schrute claiming to be asstant manager

Dan Schrute Bernstien.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
good dolphin wrote:
I remember on the Stern show when Jackie insisted on being Senior Writer but they would never give him a raise.

Senior Writer at the Score is like Dwight Schrute claiming to be asstant manager

Dan Schrute Bernstien.

Assistant to the manager.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

Dan Schrute Bernstien.

I remember that. Jackie was always bitching about his money and Stern always loved goofing on him about it. It was always entertaining. Stern would mock Jackie in a Jackie voice by saying "Well, Robin gets whatever falls off of Howard, Fred gets whatever falls off of Robin, Gary gets whatever falls off Fred...And I'm left with nothing!!!!!"

Eventually Jackie held out for more money and the station called his bluff and told him to go. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
Mac wrote:
Sarcasm has been present, but not anger...

My therapist claimed there is anger behind sarcasm. I asked who died and made her queen?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
pittmike wrote:
The senior columnist is so fucking hilarious. Many employers dole these "senior" things out. :lol:

Cheaper than a parking spot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:16 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Dan Schrute Bernstien.

I remember that. Jackie was always bitching about his money and Stern always loved goofing on him about it. It was always entertaining. Stern would mock Jackie in a Jackie voice by saying "Well, Robin gets whatever falls off of Howard, Fred gets whatever falls off of Robin, Gary gets whatever falls off Fred...And I'm left with nothing!!!!!"

Eventually Jackie held out for more money and the station called his bluff and told him to go. :lol:

Let me just say,if I was working next to a guy worth 100 mil & he expected me to come up with laughs on his show for 40 thou or whatever,I would want a raise,too. Stern isn't worth all that just like Jackie didn't deserve so little.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:37 pm 

Ok, what I meant by being wang-whipped a long time ago is this: Bernstein runs the Score. His tone has permeated the entire station. Holmes, Drinky, Ostrowski, McDoink, Goff, Herb, Hog, Rongey, Adam Harris. The man also has a puppet for a partner. It's the whole smug, smarmy, we're-smarter-than-you attitude. And it's clear Mitch and Zim don't give a fuck what he says since he's been employed there for almost 20 years. So, it doesn't matter what you might say to him. He just doesn't care. He's safe in his little zone. And don't make it about ratings. You think he gives a fuck about ratings? He can just defend his show as being esoteric. Bernsie cares nothing for ratings as long as his perfectly white city-dwelling lifestyle isn't threatened. He just wants decent paper and to go home and be a domesticated man.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
All radio show hosts depend on good ratings, which results in good advertising revenue. Without good ratings, they are out of work.

And then there is Mitch, who fired the guy who had the most listeners & the highest rated show on the Score.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
jimmypasta wrote:
Beardown wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Dan Schrute Bernstien.

Let me just say,if I was working next to a guy worth 100 mil & he expected me to come up with laughs on his show for 40 thou or whatever,I would want a raise,too. Stern isn't worth all that just like Jackie didn't deserve so little.[/quote]

Wrong on both counts. 1) Stern was worth whatever he was because he brought in all of that syndication revenue. Stern hater you may be, but at the time I can guarantee that 2) Jackie was making a lot more than 40K when he quit.

FYI, as of 2010, all of the major parts of the Stern staff (Robin, Gary, Fred, and Artie) were making seven figures, with Artie the least at about 2 mil. Keep in mind, that's probably where Jackie would have landed if he had stayed a few more years.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
You have any basis for those numbers? Artie the least at 2 million ? C'mon . I'd buy Robin at 7 figures ( why I don't know . She adds less than Boers to the content but I digress) but can't believe anyone else approaches a million

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:24 pm 

I think I remember Jackie's last contract was around 800k. He was shooting for over a million and of course never got it. You have to figure Lange probably got something around 800k or less for his first contract (Stern is known for his cheapness).

Maybe by the time they got to Sirius he was close to a million but I doubt he was at 2million. If that was the case, i doubt Artie would have been killing himself going on the road week after week.

I would have thought that Baba Booey made around 750k but if anyone remembers the time that Artie got Gary's paycheck and was shocked he made that much?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac wrote:
A few thoughts on a very lively CSFMB lately...

I've not really been short-fused lately as Zippy-The-Pinhead suggested. There's just been a willingness to mix it up that had been absent for some time. Confrontation, if I may call it such, has been easier with a clear head. Sarcasm has been present, but not anger, including the thread "Fan" from Arizona last week. Enjoyed the many responses...but it came as a complete shock nobody caught the Col. Nathan Jessup references at the back end of my post. That would have led one to believe I was just being playful.

As good dolphin mentioned... I'll be at cottage a lot this summer. My Musky season begins on Saturday, June 14, with my son, Van, at the Chippewa Flowage near Hayward, Wisc. I have an opportunity this summer to do some video production/writing for an outdoors program up in NW Ontario. Haven't accepted the offer yet, but there's been a lot of give and take. It's my intention to spend at least four weeks on Eagle Lake. You're all welcome to make the 850-mile drive and meet me for shore lunch.

Not sure why badroque17 says I "pussied out" in transition with our senior columnist Dan Bernstein today. I assumed his assessment of the new broadcast technology in baseball meant wonderful things for all viewers. I was wrong. He said it was for his enjoyment, not mine. I couldn't agree more with Franky T and some others here.... I watch to be entertained and not knowing exact route efficiency never disrupted my enjoyment of the game. I am willfully ignorant about baseball data. The game is dull enough already. This technology is valuable for the teams and huge fans of the game, but I'm neither a scout nor a baseball lover. It's just something to watch and talk about when I'm not golfing or fishing and until NFL training camps commence.

Hey Zizou.... please enlighten me about the "wang whipping" I received from Bernstein. SAT scores? Has to be that because the show I quarterbacked up the dial went something like 13-2 vs. B&B. Please explain your assertion, kind sir. I'll hang up and listen for my answer.

go to COTTAGE now, and don't come back. You won't be missed by more than the very few on this board that like you.
Most people think you are an addicted asshole and no great loss to Chicago or anyone else.
BTW, while you are at cottage, better bring your "shine box" because from what I have heard, you will need it
in the future. LOL FO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:57 pm 

How does or should one count the SiriusXM dollars? Stern originally jumped from CBS to Sirius in a much ballyhooed deal that was mostly connected to the value of the stock. The stock at one point was trading very low (about 1/5 the value of when Stern signed) but has made a rebound since the merger of Sirius and XM. My wife has satellite radio in her car but the value of it is questionable. I know there are Stern fans (just as I was reminded today that Jim Rome has a show) but I'd have to ask why pay for what I once got for free? I would be curious to know who has SiriusXM specifically for Stern (on a side note: Stern would like you to contact SiriusXM to let them know as well)?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
No Clever Moniker wrote:
How does or should one count the SiriusXM dollars? Stern originally jumped from CBS to Sirius in a much ballyhooed deal that was mostly connected to the value of the stock. The stock at one point was trading very low (about 1/5 the value of when Stern signed) but has made a rebound since the merger of Sirius and XM. My wife has satellite radio in her car but the value of it is questionable. I know there are Stern fans (just as I was reminded today that Jim Rome has a show) but I'd have to ask why pay for what I once got for free? I would be curious to know who has SiriusXM specifically for Stern (on a side note: Stern would like you to contact SiriusXM to let them know as well)?

We used to have Sirius but after the merger you had to pay an extra fee to get the Stern show thru XM. After that we said fuck it.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:15 pm 

I've basically stopped listening. Lots of good sports podcasts out there and other stations to get non-perfect but non-annoying local sports.

Dislike Speigel. If he's on, I'm not listening. Dislike Holmes.

Tired of Bernstein as well. He used to be good. Now he's old, uninteresting and formulaic. Its just not funny anymore. I would tune in to hear Mac tear into him though, that would be fun. But short lived.

I hope Mac lands at THE GAME with a new partner or partners that are not awful.

Mully and Hanley and the Grobber are the only shows I listen to from time to time. They cover local sports and don't act like a bunch of maybe slightly above average assholes. Just cover the sports, have a decent take and not act like a total douche. I'll download B&B on podcast every now and then but 15 minutes into it I realize its just not good anymore. Used to be a huge fan.

"Senior Columnist" LOL what a prick. Love it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Hey Mac!

Are you taking inventory of BernSTINE taking shots at you?

Tally-Ho!