It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Quote:
The first police officer at the scene of Tupac Shakur's 1996 drive-by murder has revealed the last words spoken by the late rap legend. And they're not exactly peaceful.

"He looked at me, and he took a breath to get the words out, and he opened his mouth," says Chris Carroll, a retired sergeant with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, in a new feature with Vegas Seven. "And then the words came out: ‘Fuck you.’"

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... z32a7qdH8s
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:54 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I would hope if I'm ever shot to death in the prime of my life that I'd be more agreeable.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
veganfan21 wrote:
Quote:
The first police officer at the scene of Tupac Shakur's 1996 drive-by murder has revealed the last words spoken by the late rap legend. And they're not exactly peaceful.

"He looked at me, and he took a breath to get the words out, and he opened his mouth," says Chris Carroll, a retired sergeant with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, in a new feature with Vegas Seven. "And then the words came out: ‘Fuck you.’"

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... z32a7qdH8s
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Stuff of legends right there...

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
He's go a lot of posthumous solo albums.

Those are sad last words. Chris Farley's last photos make me cringe too.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hmmm disappointing . I was expecting so much more from such an accomplished wordsmith. Thug life, bitches.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:16 am 

I dont think the last words are sad (anymore than any final words). I think he died as his character.

And he was a wordsmith. And a good actor. But not really a thug growing up.

At the age of twelve, Shakur enrolled in Harlem's 127th Street Repertory Ensemble and was cast as the Travis Younger character in the play A Raisin in the Sun, which was performed at the Apollo Theater. In 1986, the family relocated to Baltimore, Maryland.[24] After completing his second year at Paul Laurence Dunbar High School, he transferred to the Baltimore School for the Arts, where he studied acting, poetry, jazz, and ballet.[25] He performed in Shakespeare plays, and in the role of the Mouse King in the ballet The Nutcracker.[22] Shakur, accompanied by one of his friends, Dana "Mouse" Smith, as his beatbox, won many rap competitions and was considered to be the best rapper in his school.[26] He was remembered as one of the most popular kids in his school because of his sense of humor, superior rapping skills, and ability to mix with all crowds.[27] He developed a close friendship with a young Jada Pinkett (later Jada Pinkett Smith) that lasted until his death.

What's your problem with Pac, BadRogue?

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
dude tupac's alive.... tmz gets bored reporting about him at clubs down in miami because nobody really cares anymore.

he saw what happened with kurt cobain and record sales and did the job. and now he's just kind of down there in the tropical islands and whatnot and it's old news that he shows up. nobody really cares.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:30 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
He told stories of the street and he was passionate about it. He recognized that he couldn't make an album filled with "Words of Wisdom" so he sprinkled them in every album. What's sad is his 20 year old raps sound better than just about everything put out today.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Nas wrote:
He told stories of the street and he was passionate about it. He recognized that he couldn't make an album filled with "Words of Wisdom" so he sprinkled them in every album. What's sad is his 20 year old raps sound better than just about everything put out today.

For me, rap/hip-op over the last 2 decades or so, for the most part, has been the equivalent of bad 80's hair metal.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:33 am 

Nas wrote:

Agreed.

He was one of the very thoughtful guys who was actually trying to say something. Its weird, I liked Big better (probably because I like my music upbeat) but I think 2pac was the way bigger loss

Big would have kept making good albums, lost weight, had a reality show and gained the weight back.

I think 2pac could have been a lot more.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:35 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
Nas wrote:

For me, rap/hip-op over the last 2 decades or so, for the most part, has been the equivalent of bad 80's hair metal.

Yeah, most popular stuff has been pretty bad this millennium

There are exceptions though.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:37 am 
100000 CLUB

2Pac's influence is missed. He had the potential to be a very powerful and positive voice. He was ahead of his time. He was doing it at an extremely young age too.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:38 am 

Nas wrote:
2Pac's influence is missed. He had the potential to be a very powerful and positive voice. He was ahead of his time. He was doing it at an extremely young age too.

I imagine he would have had some very interesting things to say in 2007-08 leading up to the election.

Im just not sure where he would have came down on Obama.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:38 am 
100000 CLUB

SomeGuy wrote:
Nas wrote:

There has definitely been a decline since the commercialization of rap.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:44 am 

Nas wrote:

You're going to have to indoctrinate me into the world of rap here. You're saying a dude with thug life tattooed on his torso had the chance to be a positive voice ? He wasn't a gangsta rapper? he didn't glorify gang life and send that message out to the rap world? I think its pretty apparent that if thats what his music was about, his influence is seen pretty much everyday in this city.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:46 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

You're going to have to indoctrinate me into the world of rap here. You're saying a dude with thug life tattooed on his torso had the chance to be a positive voice ? He wasn't a gangsta rapper? he didn't glorify gang life and send that message out to the rap world? I think its pretty apparent that if thats what his music was about, his influence is seen pretty much everyday in this city.

If you're bored and really want to know, just read his wiki.

Some of what you assume is true and some is not

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:48 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
You're going to have to indoctrinate me into the world of rap here.

rap is merely saying what people wish they could say in a way they never thought of saying it before.

and think about it.... most people wish they could walk around saying "i'm the shit" all day, so the $$$ is earned in saying it in a way that people never thought of before.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:59 am 

Wow, its practically Shakespeare isn't it?

Fuck you to the San Francisco police department
Fuck you to the Marin County Sheriff department
Fuck you to the F.B.I
Fuck you to the C.I.A
Fuck you to the B-u-s-h
Fuck you to the America
Fuck you to all you redneck prejudice mother fuckers
And fuck you
Fuck Y'all
Punk gay sensitive little dick bastards
2pacalypse mother fuckin' know
Y'all can kiss my ass and suck my dick
And my uncle Tommy's balls
Fuck Y'all
Punks, punks, punks, punks, punks

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:02 pm 

BadRogue has his mind made up

Rogue I guarentee you like songs with way simpler and dumber lyrics than that

This was a rather honest look at life in some spots. Not too much Thugging here.

Brenda's got a Baby

I hear Brenda's got a baby
But, Brenda's barely got a brain
A damn shame
The girl can hardly spell her name
(That's not our problem, that's up to Brenda's family)
Well let me show ya how it affects the whole community
Now Brenda really never knew her moms and her dad was a
junky
Went in death to his arms, it's sad
Cause I bet Brenda doesn't even know
Just cause your in the ghetto doesn't mean ya can't grow
But oh, that's a thought, my own revelation
Do whatever it takes to resist the temptation
Brenda got herself a boyfriend
Her boyfriend was her cousin, now lets watch the joy end
She tried to hide her pregnancy, from her family
Who didn't really care to see, or give a damn if she
Went out and had a church of kids
As long as when the check came they got first dibs
Now Brenda's belly is gettin bigger
But no one seems to notice any change in her figure
She's 12 years old and she's having a baby
In love with the molester, who's sexing her crazy
And yet she thinks that he'll be with her forever
And dreams of a world with the two of them are together,
whatever
He left her and she had the baby solo, she had it on the
bathroom floor
And didn't know so, she didn't know, what to throw away and
what to keep
She wrapped the baby up and threw him in the trash heep
I guess she thought she'd get away
Wouldn't hear the cries
She didn't realize
How much the the little baby had her eyes
Now the baby's in the trash heep balling
Momma can't help her, but it hurts to hear her calling
Brenda wants to run away
Momma say, you makin' me lose pay, the social workers here
everyday
Now Brenda's gotta make her own way
Can't go to her family, they won't let her stay
No money no babysitter, she couldn't keep a job
She tried to sell crack, but end up getting robbed
So now what's next, there ain't nothing left to sell
So she sees sex as a way of leaving hell
It's paying the rent, so she really can't complain
Prostitute, found slain, and Brenda's her name, she's got a baby

Baby

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:02 pm 

so what do you want badrogue? you want people who actually rap poetry and stuff? these people don't have the attention spans for that sort of thing.

honestly.... who the fuck walks around the world reciting lyrics like "WE BELIEVE IN MAXIMUM EFFECT AND EVERY SINGLE FACET OF THE GEM..." ??? i do, but i'm "irregular and bizarre but i know exactly who i are and i like to keep it true and avant garde" like that song i linked up there.

there comes a point where you have to make music for people.... and people are pretty much lame en masse if you havent noticed.

and keep in mind... that first song i link to isn't anything more than saying "i'm the shit" in an exquisite way that ppl who hear the song havent thought up before. it's the same thing as ODB saying "I'M DOPE LIKE FUCKING HEROIN" just like, artistically done.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:04 pm 

She loves me, ya, ya, ya

GENIUS!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:08 pm 

songs like this are why that one time when someone at a show told me i was an aceyalone dickrider i was like 'you damn right' and that was that

i mean who can't go every word with this song? this thing grips me at the pit of my soul make me get all hyped to be like "AND OUT OF NOWHERE COMES YOUR WORST OPPONENT... THE FIRST ONE ON IT THE LAST TO LEAVE ALL MY TRASH IS TREASURE THAT'S HOW IT'S PERCEIVED"

and what sucks is RJ(D2) told me acey aint got the breath to do this one live. well fuck a duck man.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:13 pm 

but i post these acey cuts for badrogue to show the absurdity of them... you can't expect regular people to catch on to this shit.... i mean most people dont like rap at all. they like the beats and they like the hooks and they like being racially cool with black people (or so they think)

good rap doesnt sell at all. nobody cares about some smart guy making cogent metaphors for the state of the world. they'd rather hear some biters like the sugar hill gang and talk about how great and important they are. they'd rather talk about how much they like common sense's "i used to love her" when pharoahe monch's 'rape' on the same subject (rap as a woman) is way fucking better.

and what is a pharoahe monch? it's a shame cuz he's one of the 2-3 best rappers on the planet without question (cue spmack strolling up to play his black card on me and telling me to shut the fuck up like he did when i said pharoahe is the best rapper in new york. love ya camps but fucking blow me and name a better rapper in new york right now. you can't / there isn't) so it doesnt really matter. most people know pharoahe monch cuz he famously didn't clear the godzilla sample in simon says and you've heard that beat all over the media in a fit of irony cuz at least as of 11-12 they couldnt sell internal affairs LP on itunes cuz of that uncleared godzilla sample.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

You seem pretty convinced about who he was so it's unlikely I'm going to change that. He wasn't a gangster at all and never sold drugs. He started out as a hype man. His music gave a very graphic depiction of things that were going on in black communities across the country and how the youth felt. He also touched on political subjects and rapped about how to overcome these things. In order to change minds and hearts you have to have the ear of your audience and he had that.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
One of my teachers in HS was on kid #4 or #5. I don't remember the exact quantity. Anyway, we had to write a paper discussing a song's meaning, for her class. Her name was Brenda. I'll let you guess the song I chose.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:44 pm 

He was awesome in Juice, too

Eventually he would have been a great actor, imo.

He pretty much got the same role in the ones he was in. I think that would have changed.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
rogers park bryan wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:46 pm 

Bagels wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

:lol: :lol:

IMU, the rebel!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
This is going to sound cliché, and the cynics will make fun if me, but it took a lot of pot (and LSD, etc) and a lot of hanging out with the truly disenfranchised to understand and appreciate black culture and sub-cultures. It is easy to make it black and white (no pun) and to denounce all of that culture as stupid and criminal. But it's not accurate. It's much, much more complicated than that.

I'll wait for everyone to denounce me as a hayseed who doesn't really understand anything and wants to be cool.