It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Guns N Roses Reunion
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:08 pm 

I hope this dude is right, but sounds like someone just wanting to get his book some publicity and make $

Quote:
Axl Rose’s Former Manager Predicts Guns N’ Roses Will Reunite ‘In the Next Two Years’
by Ken Kelley June 4, 2014 12:57 PM

Could a reunion of the classic Guns N’ Roses lineup take place in the next two years? Craig Duswalt, Axl Rose‘s personal manager from the group’s ‘Use Your Illusion’ tour, believes it could happen.
These comments come on the heels of the release of Duswalt’s memoir, ‘Welcome To My Jungle.’ Seeing as how the time he spent with the group included the last time the original line-up toured together, he is intimately familiar with the relationships among the former bandmates.
Duswalt tells ABC News Radio that he believes that Duff McKagan‘s return to the band to occasionally fill in for current Guns N’ Roses bassist Tommy Stinson’s commitments to the Replacements is the catalyst which will eventually reunite the original lineup.
McKagan most recently appeared with Guns N’ Roses in Las Vegas, and he also performed with the group at several shows in South America. “Duff is paving the way to open the gates again,” Duswalt says. “Axl and Duff are really getting along well at the concerts, so there’s an opening.”
Despite the current good vibes between Rose and McKagan, Duswalt acknowledges the most fractured relationship is the one between Rose and guitarist Slash. Mending that bridge is going to be the ultimate deciding factor. For what it’s worth, Slash does not believe that Rose will be calling him any time soon.
“About five years ago, Slash went to Axl’s house one day, and Axl didn’t want to see him. We [had] thought for a while yes [a reunion could happen], but then it just got ugly again and we thought, ‘There’s no way.’”
Duswalt elaborates further on the acrimony between Rose and Slash, acknowledging that he knows “for a fact they hate each other right now. It’s bad. Axl is a loyal guy and you get on his bad side and some people don’t come back, but Slash and him were so close. We [in the old-school Guns camp] all have a feeling it will happen. It’s gonna happen in the next two years…there’s an opening because of Duff playing with Axl.”
For the past two decades, many have wondered exactly what precipitated the nasty split between Rose and Slash. And though Duswalt does not mention the specific incident that caused the chasm between the two, musical differences and the direction of the band played a part:
“It was a thing that happened at the end of ['Use Your Illusion']. There were also the differences in music. Slash wanted to do more hard rock stuff and Axl wanted to do more ballads, rock ballads. There was that difference, but there was [also] a specific thing that happened that both of them are at odds over.”
Next: Rock's Best Reunion Tours

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Post subject: Re: Guns N Roses Reunion
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nope not going to happen. No way Axl n Slash mend that rift, millions of dollars be damned.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:22 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Nope not going to happen. No way Axl n Slash mend that rift, millions of dollars be damned.

It could happen.

Don't The Eagles all hate each other, but they still tour and cash the checks. GNR will find a way to make it work.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:25 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

It could happen.

Don't The Eagles all hate each other, but they still tour and cash the checks. GNR will find a way to make it work.

Yeah but theyve already been down the offered millions to reform road and turned it down. Why would this be different?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:28 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

It could happen.

Yeah but theyve already been down the offered millions to reform road and turned it down. Why would this be different?

I agree with you that I do not see it happening. Axl and Slash are too stubborn to work through it.

But the one thing I agree with the guy about is the importance of Duff. If anyone could make it happen I think it would be him. Him and Axl doing shows together and getting along well is a step in the right direction.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Douchebag wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

It could happen.

I don't think the Eagles all hate each other, at least not to the extent that it would appear Axl and Slash do. I think there is some animosity between Henley and Frey (if memory serves, whenever they did press for the last album they would always talk in pairs, and Henley and Frey were never paired together), but I also think they know there is so much money to be made for the both of them that they get over it pretty quickly. I also don't see Timothy B Schmidt hating anyone. And Joe Walsh is just glad to be alive at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Maybe if Axl hadn't re-mastered all the albums using studio guys to fuck the rest of the band on royalties.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:31 pm 

I just think Slash doesn't want the hassle that comes with dealing with Axl and unless he embarks on a Kempian tour of Vagina and has 8 new mouths to feed in a 2 year span where he needs the dough ,I think he'd rather leave it alone .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
better do it before Axl needs a motorized fat people cart to get around on stage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
pass

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
What happens first;

Guns N Roses reuinte
Derrick Rose plays a regular season NBA game
Cubs make the playoffs

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
I don't think I'd plunk the dough down to see them live but I would be interested in an album.

Which incarnation would it be, though?

Axl, Izzy, Slash, Steven and Duff?

Axl, Clarke, Slash, Matt and Duff?

Axl, Huge, Other Guitarists, Mantia, Duff?

Will Dizzy Reed be involved?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:00 pm 

Quote:

Cubs make the playoffs
Guns N Roses reuinte
Derrick Rose plays an entire NBA season

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Where's the awful clip from the Bridge School Benefit? Enough said.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:53 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
Which incarnation would it be, though?

Has to be original 5.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:50 pm 

i would be giddy for like maybe the first few licks of "sweet child 'o mine" and then be bored by the lazy renditions of "you could be mine" and "paradise city".

although, if they did "estranged" i'd watch it on youtube sometime.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:57 pm 

W_Z wrote:
i would be giddy for like maybe the first few licks of "sweet child 'o mine" and then be bored by the lazy renditions of "you could be mine" and "paradise city".

This is kinda how I feel too. I'd be excited to hear the news, but there is no way the execution would match the excitement.
And I wouldn't spend any $ to see them either.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:07 pm 

spanky wrote:
but there is no way the execution would match the excitement.

Obviously, they are never going to recreate what they were able to do on Appetite.

But for me it would be more about just the opportunity to hear one of the greatest bands of all time come full circle and put differences aside and play together again. Even if it will never be as good as it once was, it would be cool to see.

The more I think about this the more I can actually see this happening at some point. As these guys all get older and are able to look back on their lives each and every one of them will know that they were never as good apart as they were together. When those 5 guys starting playing together it was one of those special moments in music that only comes along once in awhile.

We all mellow and get more sentimental as we grow older. It is likely these guys will want to have one last ride together. And it won't hurt that it will make each and every one of them a shit load of money. I can see someone like Duff being able to get Axl and Slash to see all of this.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
I'm pretty sure Steven Adler was rubbed out on Dr. Drew's Celebrity Rehab Murder Show.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:33 am 

spanky wrote:
This is kinda how I feel too. I'd be excited to hear the news, but there is no way the execution would match the excitement.
And I wouldn't spend any $ to see them either.

and it would be a TON of $.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:46 am 

I guess, to me, it would be like the Van Halen reunion, just too damn late for it to have the huge impact it should have. I know G n' R is/was the bigger act but VH was huge as well.

For VH, it was 1996. That was the time to do it. New albums had sold well, name was still relevant etc.

For G n R to get back together now, at least Duff, Slash and Axl, it would be too late.

In the mean time you should give Izzy's solo work a look, especially his first with the Ju Ju Hounds. Good stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:52 am 

W_Z wrote:
i would be giddy for like maybe the first few licks of "sweet child 'o mine"

that's probably all Axl could muster before gasping for air

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:59 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Bagels wrote:
W_Z wrote:

When I saw him a couple years ago in Vegas, he was reasonably fit. The thing is, you can't really go back. I can understand why the most rabid fans like Panther would be excited, but it can really only be disappointing. You're not going to feel the same. As much as I like the Replacements and I wouldn't have missed them, I couldn't possibly feel the same way I did at Duke Ellington Ballroom in 1984 or whatever. And they were pretty fucking good at Riot Fest. Probably better than I had ever seen them before from an actual music perspective. You'd be better off to stop living in the past and buy a Kendrick Lamar or Orwells record.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:05 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bagels wrote:
W_Z wrote:

When I saw him a couple years ago in Vegas, he was reasonably fit. The thing is, you can't really go back. I can understand why the most rabid fans like Panther would be excited, but it can really only be disappointing. You're not going to feel the same. As much as I like the Replacements and I wouldn't have missed them, I couldn't possibly feel the same way I did at Duke Ellington Ballroom in 1984 or whatever. And they were pretty fucking good at Riot Fest. Probably better than I had ever seen them before from an actual music perspective. You'd be better off to stop living in the past and buy a Kendrick Lamar or Orwells record.

It's because the moment and era has passed. That stuff has moved on and so have you.

When I saw VH a few years ago at the U.C. I was like "Yeah, this is pretty cool," and that was about it.

Same thing would happen with G n R and even Pink Floyd if they really rejoined in the early 2000's.

It's not the same.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:18 am 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
I hope this dude is right, but sounds like someone just wanting to get his book some publicity and make $

With the exception of a book and money...this thread title does the same thing. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:19 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Bagels wrote:
W_Z wrote:

exactly

nostalgia is fine up to a point...but there ARE rock bands that have been relevant in the last oh, 20 years or so, that are very much worth seeing live

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:54 am 
Site Admin

Q.Bovifs wrote:
Still waiting for "The Next Great Rock Band", and, believe me, I will know it when I hear it.

But you probably won't. Because you're old.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:05 am 
Site Admin

Q.Bovifs wrote:
Really needs to be a bunch of poor fuckers coming up from nothing, though. Can't be a gaggle of rich college 'Big Bang Theory'-type kids who decide to go off and live "art lives" because they can.

But there's never really been poor fuckers coming up from nothing. Middle class kids play the best rock and roll. Sure, you can stick Julian Casablancas and Lana del Rey and those Vampire fucks up your ass.

I just don't think you're going to recognize something great even if you see it because it won't be "your thing". You've got a wife and kids and a giant stroller. You'll never accept that something is better than G'n'R. You will deny it like Peter denied Christ.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:06 pm 
Site Admin

Q.Bovifs wrote:
Still waiting for "The Next Great Rock Band", and, believe me, I will know it when I hear it.

I blame school shootings. In the past the guys most likely to shoot up a school instead focused their angst into rock and roll. I mean, look at Axl and Izzy, they're the original Columbine kids. But did they shoot up Jefferson High? Hell, no! They hit I-65 for L.A. and got on stage at the Troubadour. If they were teenagers today, they'd probably shoot up their school instead.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:19 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:

I blame school shootings. In the past the guys most likely to shoot up a school instead focused their angst into rock and roll. I mean, look at Axl and Izzy, they're the original Columbine kids. But did they shoot up Jefferson High? Hell, no! They hit I-65 for L.A. and got on stage at the Troubadour. If they were teenagers today, they'd probably shoot up their school instead.

:lol: that is actually a pretty good point.

Frank Coztansa wrote: