It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Bagels wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Chvrches was a fun concert. They probably practiced their lolla set as they played 1:15ish. Sound mix was pretty bad as the music was much higher than vocals. Couldn't even really make out them talking between songs. But they aren't popular for the strength of their lyrics so whatever.

Openers Panama were pretty solid. Never heard of them before. They played nice chill music to talk before the big guys came on.

they didn't come on until 1:15 ?

Oh no sorry. The came out at 10ish and I was out the door at 11:17. Nice efficient concert letting get home at a reasonable time if not for my flat tire. :x

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:40 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Nice efficient concert letting get home at a reasonable time

The fuck?

You're happy when you get a 75 minute set?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:47 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Nice efficient concert letting get home at a reasonable time

The fuck?

You're happy when you get a 75 minute set?

For myself yes, I was invited by a friend as a thanks for a Cubs game. I'm pretty indifferent to them.

But if I was a fan I'd wonder what the purpose of the "after" show was if it's the same amount of time as their lolla slot.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Kirkwood wrote:

But if I was a fan I'd wonder what the purpose of the "after" show was if it's the same amount of time as their lolla slot.

yeah, Blood Orange asked who wasn't going to be going to Lolla and practically the whole room cheered....then he said he was going to play a lot longer set than what they were going to get

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:15 am 

Bagels wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

yeah, Blood Orange asked who wasn't going to be going to Lolla and practically the whole room cheered....then he said he was going to play a lot longer set than what they were going to get

I like those couple of songs where he sounds like Prince

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:32 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Chvrches was a fun concert. They probably practiced their lolla set as they played 1:15ish. Sound mix was pretty bad as the music was much higher than vocals. Couldn't even really make out them talking between songs. But they aren't popular for the strength of their lyrics so whatever.

Openers Panama were pretty solid. Never heard of them before. They played nice chill music to talk before the big guys came on.

they didn't come on until 1:15 ?

Is Lauryn Hill in Chvrvhes?

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:33 am 

spanky wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

I like those couple of songs where he sounds like Prince

im assuming you're mocking here, but Cupid Deluxe is an amazing album and the band he has together is really good...far different then when he was at Pitchfork

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
OUTKAST on now.
http://www.lollapalooza.com/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:12 am 

CtE was very fun. different style of music than chvrches is easily seen by energy on stage and in crowd. Dudes were lunatics. They also played around 1-1.25 hours :?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:17 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Riot fest owns this now. I mean Perry is playing riot fest. Maybe that has to do with Lou Reed ruining his set. For me though and I loved lolla, riot has a way better lineup. Give me slayer and the afghan whigs over kings of Leon all day everyday.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:13 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
CtE was very fun. different style of music than chvrches is easily seen by energy on stage and in crowd. Dudes were lunatics. They also played around 1-1.25 hours :?

Cage The Elephant are a decent enough live band, too bad I don't like any song I've ever heard by them.
Very impressed with Childish Gambino.....dude's got mic skills.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:30 pm 

Seen cage a few times once at lolla. They are good. Gaslight Anthem was really good when I saw them there too. Nothing memorable or original about either of those bands.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:26 pm 

Gaslight Anthem have good (albeit deriviative) songs.
Cage is antics.
Like comparing Bowie to Iggy pop.
ONe might be a more exciting live act, but it's the music that matters, mannnnnnnnnnnnnnn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:40 am 

I understand that women are pretty horrible at most public functions and especially concerts given their primal need to take a million photos so upload to facebook, instagram, snapchat etc even while the show is going on.

But dudes shouldn't be getting a free pass. They act pretty burrito wanting so bad to touch the singers hand and pushing to make sure they get to hold the shirtless sweating singer while he's crowdsurfing. And who the hell crowdsurfs at concert in a theater? Was that 7 feet of surfing worth it :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:42 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Cage the Elephant is good filler. Except "Come a Little Closer," which sucks ass, but their other songs are all pleasant enough songs to hear between other songs. "Shake Me Down" and "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked" are good. I can't ever picture myself being like "oh man, I gotta see Cage the Elephant!", though. It'd be like getting excited for Collective Soul.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Curious Hair wrote:
Cage the Elephant is good filler. Except "Come a Little Closer," which sucks ass, but their other songs are all pleasant enough songs to hear between other songs. "Shake Me Down" and "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked" are good. I can't ever picture myself being like "oh man, I gotta see Cage the Elephant!", though. It'd be like getting excited for Collective Soul.

I went Sunday, mostly to see Kings of Leon because I recently got around to some of their music on my iPod, which to that point had been entirely untouched since being purchased. Cage the Elephant played across the field immediately prior to Kings of Leon. It was probably just a combination of me being tired and soaked, but neither of their sets did anything for me. First time at Lollapalooza as well; I think I'll stick with not going to Lollapalooza going forward.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Kings of Leon sucks. I have violent reactions to "Use Somebody" and "Sex on Fire," the latter of which sounds like it's about a UTI.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Curious Hair wrote:
Kings of Leon sucks. I have violent reactions to "Use Somebody" and "Sex on Fire," the latter of which sounds like it's about a UTI.

I didn't stick around for those, and I agree. I was mostly hoping for material up to and including Aha Shake Heartbreak. They kindly sprinkled like 4 whole songs from that span into their 23-song set.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:14 pm 

Swingandalongonetoright wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I didn't stick around for those, and I agree. I was mostly hoping for material up to and including Aha Shake Heartbreak. They kindly sprinkled like 4 whole songs from that span into their 23-song set.

Aha was their best work no doubt. I must admit though Closer was an awesome song but the rest of the album was meh.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:31 pm 

I used to have similar feelings about KOL, but they've grown on me.
I saw them open for U2 on the Vertigo tour, and wasn't very impressed.
But there's no denying this fucking jam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCj1KofDXAA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:02 pm 

shirtless driver wrote:
I used to have similar feelings about KOL, but they've grown on me.
I saw them open for U2 on the Vertigo tour, and wasn't very impressed.
But there's no denying this fucking jam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCj1KofDXAA

The vertigo tour. Wow. Been a long time since I have seen U2 I think Zooroopa was my final time.