It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Beardown wrote:
So when is this decision gonna be made?

Matt Spiegel @MattSpiegel670
Hopefully by the end of this week. RT @JHolak7 @MattSpiegel670 when will there be an announcement about the new host?

Ok. Well if Spiegel got an indication from Mitch that it will happen at the end of the week, then the decision has already been made. And Spiegel already knows who it is. I mean I doubt they're gonna be scoring Rozner for this final week and comparing him against what drinky did last week. :lol:

So if it is a Full Rozner week, then it's Rozner's gig as I have always thought. Cuz on Friday he'll be there to announce it with Spiegel.

There you go everybody. I figured it out. Rozner won.

Last edited by Beardown on Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Rozner? Please God, no. Unless they write a clause in his contract where he's not allowed to go to his stupid "Why do you hate" bit more than once every ten years.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Okay... Doug and OB?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

Wait a second!!! I have just received some breaking horrifying news!!!!!

Spiegel tweeted that Mannelly is co hosting with him on Friday!!!!! :shock:

Matt Spiegel @MattSpiegel670 · 7h
Yes. This Friday. RT @cpjacobs @MattSpiegel670 Any chance we get to hear @PatrickMannelly again soon?

So maybe it's Mannelly and he's co hosting with Spiegel on Friday for the big announcement!!!!

Last edited by Beardown on Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:42 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
I'm guessing it will be a guy that is unemployed like Dan McNeil.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

It would be a little awkward if the winner of this derby isn't sitting next to Spiegal when it's announced. You'd think this person would be available for that show although it would be interesting to hear Spiegs announce Rozner as his new parter while Abattacola is sitting next to him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

BD wrote:
It would be a little awkward if the winner of this derby isn't sitting next to Spiegal when it's announced. You'd think this person would be available for that show although it would be interesting to hear Spiegs announce Rozner as his new parter while Abattacola is sitting next to him.

Right. That would be cruel. That's why Spiegel saying the end of the week for the announcement and Mannelly co hosting on Friday means Mannelly wins and the listeners lose.

Then again, it's THE SCORE. They really don't think things through or apply logic like normal people. So maybe not. Mitch will probably have drinky read that Rozner won without drinky knowing what he's about to read.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:04 pm 

I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually like the Mannely idea.

Number 1 reason? For someone new to radio, he didn't seem to have any crutches. He doesn't stumbles with "uh's" and "um's," he doesn't say "you know what" a million times, he doesn't stutter or make inane ramblings when trying to ask a questions, he doesn't yell all the time...

Fuck, I just realized he's basically more competent at a basic level than most of the Score's "talent." And, consider, he's totally new at this. Add to that that he literally has more insight into the workings of the Bears franchise than anyone outside of the FO itself. I don't know how he'll work out on the other sports, but how did Mac or Boers do when it comes to being informed on all the franchises? Right. That's what I thought.

Bottom line: I prize not pissing me off above all. I usually don't listen closely, being at work and all, and I just want someone who won't piss me off, and who can hopefully be a bit entertaining. Mannelly seems pretty with-it when it comes to joking around (as compared to, say, DeFalco, who's so dumb about half the jokes fly over his head and lead to a protracted explanation by co-hosts), so he's at least a bit entertaining, so that puts him ahead of most, IMO.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

Last edited by MattInTheCrown on Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:04 pm 

Meat said hopefully by the end of the week. That does not mean it will be Friday.

Could be Wed. Could be Thurs. May not be this week at all.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Meat said hopefully by the end of the week. That does not mean it will be Friday.

Could be Wed. Could be Thurs. May not be this week at all.

Yeah. But him saying it could come this week means the decision is made and he knows. Cuz he wouldn't have said maybe this week if that weren't the case. He'd just say "I don't know".

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:19 pm 

If it is Mannelly can you imagine how pissed off guys like Drinky, Goff, and Rozner will be? That would be a huge kick in the crotch to them.

That might be worth it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:23 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I give zero fucks.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
My guess is Rozner.

Newspaper guy.
Cubs guy - cubs a cbs production now
Hawks guy

Already on the payroll and has worked with Grimace.

Mitch is as conservative and uninspired as they come. Rozner fits perfectly.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:26 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I give zero fucks.

already preparing for Illini football?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:26 pm 

RFDC wrote:
If it is Mannelly can you imagine how pissed off guys like Drinky, Goff, and Rozner will be? That would be a huge kick in the crotch to them.

That might be worth it.

Alright, it needs to be Mannelly. Even if he ends up being shit, Drinky, Goff, and Rozner's tears alone would be worth it.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:40 pm 

drinky will get it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

Drinky doesn't do anything for me on the radio. His stories are great - but that's not sportsradio. I find his sportsradio shows quite bland and boring.

Put me down for the three headed monster of Spiegs, Grote and Goff. That would amuse me, and when Spiegs is recovering from singing, Goff/Grote would work.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:08 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
That is the first time I have heard someone suggest a 3 way. That might be best with the Tributo stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

They cannot be serious about partnering Spiegs with anybody that has a caucasian nut sack shaven into their chin, can they?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:22 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Did Terry give it away? Toward the end of B&B he said they are now the official Blackhawks show and he will be giving "hockey tips". He then said, we don't know who the producer will be, but we will do that. God, please don't let it be Drinky.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:26 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Did Terry give it away? Toward the end of B&B he said they are now the official Blackhawks show and he will be giving "hockey tips". He then said, we don't know who the producer will be, but we will do that. God, please don't let it be Drinky.
Yup.

Good for drinky. He is the best choice.

Last edited by Brick on Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:28 pm 

Was Zawaski just off today or jettisoned?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
pittmike wrote:
Was Zawaski just off today or jettisoned?

They said someone was in for him, so I assume he was just off.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:40 pm 

I have this vision from the movie Rudy where he is at church praying for admission to ND. Makes me think how Drinky is handling things.

Rudy and the Priest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRFc5RqaTmw

What I find hilarious is that Drinky thinks he is owed that slot. In talking to the Score execs i bet he talks about all the years he has worked at the station and the job he has done as producer and as host at nights.

Drinky, being a radio host isn't something that you deserve to get paying your dues. If you end up with the slot it will only be because they have no one else to turn to who will work for peanuts.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:41 pm 

Quadrophenia wrote:
If you end up with the slot it will only be because they have no one else to turn to who will work for peanuts.
Sounds like how meatpants got the job!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Interesting. Boers said that. The drink is gonna be served to us? Yeesh.

I mean, it might be a temp thing cuz they have bad options now. Kill time with drinky making nothing until you find something better. Like how they had Larry and Hamp for a few months before they got Mac.

Then again, that Terry hint might be in reference to the fact that drinky has been gone so long trying out. Who knows?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

It could be the way to finally getting rid of drinky. Like a passive aggressive way of doing it. Cuz he's been there so long and nobody at the Score has ever told him he sucks. They give him nights and weekends and like you said, he just thinks he's owed a prim slot despite the fact that he's bad just cuz he's been there forever.

So give him the show, he's bad, probably says something that gets him suspended or just says a lot of stupid stuff or the ratings are awful or all of it. Mitch and Zim, knowing this would happen, can then fire him saying in 6 months saying, "Well, there it was, you swung and missed."

I still say it's Rozner though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:22 pm 

It will be some ex-Bear. NFL is starting up and the SCORE has always had this delusional belief ex-Bears players are talk radio gold.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Miller or Mannelly.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:23 pm 

Miller has been a professional broadcaster for a while.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next