It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
lobos2014 wrote:
If he put time into being a host and put this job above his singing/band, what level could he reach? I would think his ceiling would be Silvy, but I want to hear what others think.

I agree he could be better, with more prep.

And prep is not watching a game and writing down things from last nights Sox game, it is creating a show.,,

Let me not single out Spiegs here for lack of effort into creativity of any show, because nobody does it anymore.

No good bits, no good contests, nothing. Sure, lots of talk about them, but nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:41 pm 

He's a 4th or 5th starter at best

His voice and personality are both more on the annoying side than endearing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:44 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
For me, he's just not a likable guy. And he and I share common interests in music and baseball. So I'd like to like him. He's just kind of a douchebag. But he's not enough of one that I can hate listen the way I do with bernstein. He either needs to be more of an asswipe or less of one. This middle of the road thing isn't working.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
For me, he's just not a likable guy. And he and I share common interests in music and baseball. So I'd like to like him. He's just kind of a douchebag. But he's not enough of one that I can hate listen the way I do with bernstein. He either needs to be more of an asswipe or less of one. This middle of the road thing isn't working.

Nailed it.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:47 pm 

Of course he could be better.

The only place to go from the bottom of the barrell is up.

But it won't happen.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I am one of his fans mainly because we both love baseball. He needs a strong partner to needle at him and keep him on his toes as well as drive the show topics. These things cannot be left to Grimace. I understand Jorr's thoughts, which are shared by many here, but I think those traits could be used to make the show entertaining.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Yep. He's a good sidekick, but can't drive a show because there's just not enough character there.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The thing is that his radio persona isn't really being an asswipe. It is when he isn't acting like a radio host that he comes off as one.

I still go back to when he brought an intern on the air to berate him for not understanding the important lessons learned by getting Spiegel his lunch. Do it off air in private if you really feel the need. Otherwise, let him vent to another intern without making it a big deal.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:58 pm 

Saying you are grateful to have the job and backing it up are two different things.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Pretty interesting that Spiegs thinks of himself as a poor man's Silvy.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:07 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Pretty interesting that Spiegs thinks of himself as a poor man's Silvy.

What was Spiegs talking about that made him bring up that comparison?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:14 pm 

I liked Spiegs on his night time slot before he joined the score. Not sure what changed from then until now. He doesn't have much of a personality to keep me tuned in. But, that is the problem with the majority of sports talk on ALL the stations. I wish big corporatations would leave the radio biz to the littlllle guuuuuys (Mike North Voice) Not those little guys :?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:17 pm 

Here they are about to head into the NFL season. NO Pickem, no king of the hill, no nothing...

But Spiegs is going to Vegas for a gig.?

This is what I am talking about with Prep.

No planning , nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:22 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Here they are about to head into the NFL season. NO Pickem, no king of the hill, no nothing...

But Spiegs is going to Vegas for a gig.?

This is what I am talking about with Prep.

No planning , nothing.
Someone alert Bucky Chris!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Spiegel isn't anywhere close to the host silvy. Rick is right, he's a douche when he's not suppose to be one.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
The shows the next two month should be peanuts:

Around the NFL - Hit up a reporter for 3 teams everyday for a quick 5 minute hit. They've been at camp. Gets the listener a small feel about gambling/fantasy without talking to Charch!

Fantasy Draft: Drafts are where seasons are made or broken. Get a real fantasy guy from STATS Inc not clown in his basement like Charch. But not too much or it'll be awful.

NFL Referee Official: CBS sports station in 3rd largest market! Should be able to get somebody in the know or willing to take questions.

Showpot!: everyone loves a trainwreck. All 4 showmates chip in $50 bucks and make a segment. Bickering and fighting over a dwindling showpot is GOOD radio.

Gambling: stop being a vagina. Embrace it. It's a huge industry for a reason.

National baseball: divison race time! Enough already with the plan, rooftop and bad sox bullpen talk. Get a guy for the next month. Gammons is solid weekly hit for M&H. Ya need a guy like that. Angels just took over West from A's....not even a peep!

Ban ZZ: Mac was right in this move. Provides nothing. Get a guy with an opinion. Shotgunned Moon Mullin because he had an opinion e.g. First year of Marshall he said he was targeted too much. M&S laughed him off but ended up being right. :lol:

College football: No, not Jerry DiNardo. Weird. Get a national guy with bite who isn't afraid to have an opinion. Not the weird other B&B loser either. Big Ten just doesn't have the teams yet to support exclusive talk on them.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
More food and movie drafts.

Hater Wednesday

Seriously though prep for it. Do something. The just ho hum show up and ramble about things and scream what's in the box.

Holmes at least tries things. It may be awful but he tries.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:00 pm 

Juiced wrote:
I liked Spiegs on his night time slot before he joined the score. Not sure what changed from then until now. He doesn't have much of a personality to keep me tuned in. But, that is the problem with the majority of sports talk on ALL the stations. I wish big corporatations would leave the radio biz to the littlllle guuuuuys (Mike North Voice) Not those little guys :?

We don't agree often, but we do here.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:31 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Juiced wrote:

We don't agree often, but we do here.

That's because we are always talking Cubs/Sox. Bad radio hosts seem to bring everyone together. :drunken:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:39 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
rogers park bryan wrote:
His voice and personality are both more on the annoying side than endearing

Li'l bi....li'l bi.....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Great American
rogers park bryan wrote:
He's a 4th or 5th starter at best

[quote="Juiced"]I liked Spiegs on his night time slot before he joined the score. Not sure what changed from then until now.[quote]

It's an extension of his pitching philosophy. Save starters for the end of the game.

Mac FM wrote:
Did somebody say grass?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I would like to like him too, as he's somewhat intelligent and seems to have a genuine curiosity about sports and players, but he just seems so goddamn sensitive and bitchy. He tries to make every conversation into some weird talk about feelings or some deeper meaning. It's sports, dipshit. Go join The View if you want to talk about that shit.

I haven't listened in awhile, but I once also thought he would do better on a station without Bernstein. It seems like he tries to compete with him intellectually and it's weird. That's everyone, though. Bernstein poisons everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:04 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
I would like to like him too, as he's somewhat intelligent and seems to have a genuine curiosity about sports and players, but he just seems so goddamn sensitive and bitchy. He tries to make every conversation into some weird talk about feelings or some deeper meaning. It's sports, dipshit. Go join The View if you want to talk about that shit.

I haven't listened in awhile, but I once also thought he would do better on a station without Bernstein. It seems like he tries to compete with him intellectually and it's weird. That's everyone, though. Bernstein poisons everyone.

Yet Bernstein isn't that smart. So it is the air of intelligence. He isn't he is just rather well spoken, has facts in line and overly verbose, arguing with people who don't have any of the above skills, or rather perhaps limited skills because they haven't had them honed in the arena he is in. I think he knows it to a point and sees that it is a dying breed but has too much ego to admit it. Hence way he chose the erotic lawyer Mult and tried to become an illiterate man of the people.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
not very

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Erotic Lawyer wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Yet Bernstein isn't that smart. So it is the air of intelligence. He isn't he is just rather well spoken, has facts in line and overly verbose, arguing with people who don't have any of the above skills, or rather perhaps limited skills because they haven't had them honed in the arena he is in. I think he knows it to a point and sees that it is a dying breed but has too much ego to admit it. Hence way he chose the erotic lawyer Mult and tried to become an illiterate man of the people.

Goes without saying. Dan Bernstein and all lawyers are dumb blowhards. Next question.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:28 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Erotic Lawyer wrote:
More food and movie drafts.

Hater Wednesday

Seriously though prep for it. Do something. The just ho hum show up and ramble about things and scream what's in the box.

Holmes at least tries things. It may be awful but he tries.

Holmes is a sucker...this show needs men..not that fat bitch meatcurtains, yeah ..keep reading PeoriaMatts shitty texts..then do a taste test !

Wake n bake is the best show on the Score , then Mully-Hanley ...the station blowz...Mitch has run this shit into the grount.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:39 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
High road = pussed out

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:18 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Erotic Lawyer wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Goes without saying. Dan Bernstein and all lawyers are dumb blowhards. Next question.

Not all lawyers are erotic. PM me :cyclopsani:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
This is getting very Meta.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
312player wrote:
..keep reading PeoriaMatts shitty texts..

That guy sucks.