It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

The 3 decision makers at THE SCORE. With Bernstein being the top dog, of course.

Honest questions

Mitch, Zim and Bernstein have known drinky for years. Don't you think they know he's an idiot and a horrible broadcaster? He just is. We hear it. It's not a matter of opinion. I mean, he's been there for years, so he gets the token tryout. I get that. Mitch doesn't have the heart to tell him he sucks cuz he's known drinky so long. I get that

But, honest question, somebody gives a demo tape of what drinky does to Mitch and Zim, does he get consideration for a talk show host in the 3rd largest market in the country? Answer is of course not.

As far as Bernstein, don't you guys realize that he looks down on drinky and his kind. His entire show is blasting people who aren't educated, don't speak well, have bad thoughts and jokes...THAT'S DRINKY.

He's their producer so they go easy on him, but a caller equal to drinky's stupidity gets killed by Bernstein. Same with Goff when he was there. I've always found that to be the irony of Bernstein's show.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:12 am 

pizza_Place: Jack Brickhouse Toppings

"He sounds like a man that was never challenged to be a man."
"He gives a lot of opinions without probably having many life experiences."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:40 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
The WSCR Website wrote:
Matt Abbatacola has been the Executive Producer of “The Boers and Bernstein Show” since 2003. He joined the station as a production intern in 2001.
Prior to joining “Boers and Bernstein,” Abbatacola served as the Associate Producer and board operator of 670 The Score’s morning show.

Realistically, what kind of future does drinky have at the station?

Does he plan to be a producer until he reaches retirement?

At 41 or 42, is he one of the oldest producers in the city? Isn't his job typically viewed as an entry-level or gateway position? Do people ordinarily spend more than a decade doing this kind of work? Don't they usually move up or move out after a couple of years producing? Even Finfer weaned himself from Mac. What's keeping drinky so attached to B&B?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:41 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
The WSCR Website wrote:
Matt Abbatacola has been the Executive Producer of “The Boers and Bernstein Show” since 2003. He joined the station as a production intern in 2001.
Prior to joining “Boers and Bernstein,” Abbatacola served as the Associate Producer and board operator of 670 The Score’s morning show.

At 41 or 42, is he one of the oldest producers in the city? Isn't his job typically viewed as an entry-level or gateway position? Do people typically spend more than a decade in this kind of job? Don't they usually move up or move out after a couple of years producing? Even Finfer weaned himself from Mac. What's keeping drinky so attached to B&B?
It's incredibly likely he is the new midday host with Spiegs.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:43 am 

JBills wrote:

3. Caveman face.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:51 am 
1000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
The WSCR Website wrote:

At 41 or 42, is he one of the oldest producers in the city? Isn't his job typically viewed as an entry-level or gateway position? Do people typically spend more than a decade in this kind of job? Don't they usually move up or move out after a couple of years producing? Even Finfer weaned himself from Mac. What's keeping drinky so attached to B&B?

Wow, that would be quite a move up for him. I would give that combination 6-12 months before it gets replaced. And at that point, drinky likely wouldn't be able to return to producing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:22 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
The WSCR Website wrote:

Wow, that would be quite a move up for him. I would give that combination 6-12 months before it gets replaced. And at that point, drinky likely wouldn't be able to return to producing.

Agreed. At the least, it would have to be shut down for public health safety reasons, as I'd assume the suicide rate in the Chicago metro area would skyrocket.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
The WSCR Website wrote:

Drinky or Rozner.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:37 am 

Douchebag wrote:
JBills wrote:

3. Caveman face.

That girl is in her twenties most likely, and she is a live hot mess (thanks for that Bigfan), even while done up. Can you imagine that at 40, after multiple STDs?

<º)))><

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:40 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
The WSCR Website wrote:

I think drinky does fine cobbling a few things together. I read somewhere that fill ins get about 500 per show. Public appearances get about $1000. A guy who is willing to scramble can make a nice living from that with his base salary added. That job also provides almost limitless time for a side job but you never hear of these guys doing side work.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:43 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
He fills in for $500 a show... :lol:

Appearance money varies but is no where near $1000 an appearance.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:50 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

I think drinky does fine cobbling a few things together. I read somewhere that fill ins get about 500 per show. Public appearances get about $1000. A guy who is willing to scramble can make a nice living from that with his base salary added. That job also provides almost limitless time for a side job but you never hear of these guys doing side work.

drinky does not make 500 bucks per pop as a substitute host. I'm sure Crest can give us a much more accurate figure. And there's absolutely no way anybody is paying drinky 1000 bucks to show up at Scott's Pet Shop in Westchester or a Jiffy Lube in Wauconda.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:45 pm 

Seacrest wrote:

I thought you were the one that confirmed that. I thought it was in reference to Hub a few years ago when you said Hub gets above rate.

What do these things usually pay?

I would think $500 for 4 hours of on air work was reasonable. Radio is a strange industry.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
good dolphin wrote:

Waddle has like 8 side jobs and sucks at them all.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:51 pm 

I bet Waddle pulls down more than a cool million per year for "sucking".

Waddle and Silvy is definitely growing on me. It is definitely an equal time listen compared to B and B.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:52 pm 

why do people assume seacrest knows about anything related to the radio business?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
good dolphin wrote:

For sure. It's a great gig if you can get it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
good dolphin wrote:

Waddle and Silvy is definitely growing on me. It is definitely an equal time listen compared to B and B.

Did you hear Silvy explaining the alternate meaning of ATM to Waddle yesterday? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
People even struggle with that meaning of ATM. "Oh, you just mean like licki--" "nooooo" "...oh :?"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

RFDC wrote:
why do people assume seacrest knows about anything related to the radio business?

Because they can read.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:53 pm 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

I thought you were the one that confirmed that. I thought it was in reference to Hub a few years ago when you said Hub gets above rate.

I would think $500 for 4 hours of on air work was reasonable. Radio is a strange industry.

It varies by personality.

Rozner and Hanley used to get that in years past. Before Hanley got a show. I'm not sure what they pay over the last couple of years. I would bet a month's pay it is not that much for full time producers.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

If they were to pay subs 500 per show that would be the pro rated equivalent to making 181k per year if salaried. No way Zim would pay that for producers.

I'm guessing, with producers subing, they get a $50 bonus in addition to whatever they make daily as producers. Cuz subbing takes them away from producing.

Or maybe Mitch and Zim, knowing how desperate they all are, just says to them "no kick in pay". You sub and don't have to produce today. What are they gonna say? No. If they do, some other producer would do it. And they all believe subbing will eventually lead to them getting a show so nobody is gonna say "no". They all want exposure.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:11 pm 
Site Admin

Beardown wrote:
If they were to pay subs 500 per show that would be the pro rated equivalent to making 181k per year if salaried. No way Zim would pay that for producers.

I'm guessing, with producers subing, they get a $50 bonus in addition to whatever they make daily as producers. Cuz subbing takes them away from producing.

Or maybe Mitch and Zim, knowing how desperate they all are, just says to them "no kick in pay". You sub and don't have to produce today. What are they gonna say? No. If they do, some other producer would do it. And they all believe subbing will eventually lead to them getting a show so nobody is gonna say "no". They all want exposure.

Seriously.

You used to work there didn't you.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Seriously.

What the hell? I guess I'll just say "Yes" to this question from here on out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Has there been a breakthrough?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:53 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Curious Hair wrote:
Has there been a breakthrough?

No.

Just more cape tugging

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:47 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

drinky does not make 500 bucks per pop as a substitute host. I'm sure Crest can give us a much more accurate figure. And there's absolutely no way anybody is paying drinky 1000 bucks to show up at Scott's Pet Shop in Westchester or a Jiffy Lube in Wauconda.

What about a wet t-shirt contest sponsored by Captain Morgan?

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:05 am 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

It varies by personality.

Rozner and Hanley used to get that in years past. Before Hanley got a show. I'm not sure what they pay over the last couple of years. I would bet a month's pay it is not that much for full time producers.

drinky's pay? That's not high stakes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:07 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Seriously.

This is depressing if true. It would be like giving an employee a new title with heavily increased responsibility but no increase in pay.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Great American
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Seriously.

This is depressing if true. It would be like giving an employee a new title with heavily increased responsibility but no increase in pay.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Beardown was spot-on about the "no kick in pay" bit. Name one fill-in at the Score who isn't entirely interchangeable with the rest. It might be a crappy way to treat employees but what are they gonna do about it, get another job? It's not hard to replace a Rozner or Abbatacola. I could see the Score offering the fill-in gig like extra hours; take the gig and you don't have to produce or do both and you'll make more today but it's all paid at the same rate.

Mac FM wrote:
Did somebody say grass?