It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Goff?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Jason Goff @Jason1Goff · 27m

Another way to hear me on the radideo (radio) will be announced from what I am told tomorrow. Looking forward to this opportunity.

Post subject: Re: Goff?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:17 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
In other news, Heath Ledger is dead.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

nwfisch wrote:
Jason Goff @Jason1Goff · 27m

Another way to hear me on the radideo (radio) will be announced from what I am told tomorrow. Looking forward to this opportunity.

:shock:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Interesting. I like goff. If he is Bernstien army on the score would get old. On the Game might be ok.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:40 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Goff and Spiegs would be OK with me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:50 pm 

Or maybe it's Abbatacola getting the midday show and Goff goes back to being B&B producer and fill-in host.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I find it highly unlikely that they'd bust Goff back down to producer and give Matt a full-time show when their strengths are the other way around. Then again, it's the Score.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
3 man weave with Big Purple, Mannelly , Goff. That way they think they have 3 of the 4 majors covered by a so called expert. Hockey will be ignored in favor of BBQ sauce talk.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
One idea that passed through my head would have been to have some sort of obligatory Spiegel-oriented show from 9 to noon and then have noon to 2 be, like, "the Bears Lunch" where it's a roundtable of Bears guys talking Bears because Bears Bears with the Bears and the Bears for the Bears. Then at the end of the season, you come up with some other show for the rest of the year.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Hopefully Mitch doesn't mess this up. An opening on the midday show at The Score is a big deal, and it should be Spiegel and Goff.

Goff is better than Abbatacola at hosting, we know how daily weekday shows have been with former athletes (bad to average), so Goff is an easy choice. Or is it, Mitch?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
All i will say is that Mitch always wanted feedback on J Goff from this place. J Goff and I have had a few drinks and for it is worth, I think a seal of approval is passed. You know he will work hard, put time into a show, etc. and every show at that station needs it

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
RadioNerd wrote:
Hopefully Mitch doesn't mess this up. An opening on the midday show at The Score is a big deal, and it should be Spiegel and Goff.

Goff is better than Abbatacola at hosting, we know how daily weekday shows have been with former athletes (bad to average), so Goff is an easy choice. Or is it, Mitch?

It should be Goff & Drinky. Screw Spiegel. He's terrible.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
All i will say is that Mitch always wanted feedback on J Goff from this place. J Goff and I have had a few drinks and for it is worth, I think a seal of approval is passed. You know he will work hard, put time into a show, etc. and every show at that station needs it

What does that mean? Seal of approval is passed? Goff is gonna be Spiegel's partner?

By the way, didn't Goff and Spiegel hate each other? Weren't there some tense and/or uncomfortable on air exchanges when they did shows together?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:11 am 

bigfan wrote:

Or, he will put in the time for a while and then trend back to the radio tree from which he sprouted. Continuing a trend that many of us now loathe, the sports know it all who's opinion is the only one that matters sans the social justice component we collectively abhor.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:39 am 

Can he be hired by cbs? That is still the question.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:48 am 

I like Goff even though he is still a work in progress as on air talent. I did not hear him from Atlanta.

I think Beardown predicted Goff going and then returning in a couple of years. Beardown wins AGAIN!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:18 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
If they're going to bring back Goff, then why can't they bring back North? Goff does not do well by himself, his speech is not fluid. Where he's good is talking basketball with B&B. If we're comparing apples to apples, Holmes is much more articulate than Goff and and has the breadth to talk about all sports, not just basketball. If there's one guy who has gotten better on the Score over the years, it's Lawrence Holmes.

Mitch Rosen should be canned, one for his handling of McNeil, where he let that guy get away with too much nonsense, where it seemed like McNeil took off every other week, and two, for scheduling nothing but baseball talk on the weekend, even after Bears games. No one wants to talk about two bad baseball teams, which have been bad for years. And no one certainly wants to talk about Wrigley Field renovation, Roof Top Owners, and the other bad topics Score announcers love to delve into as cover for bad Chicago baseball. Plus, the sport isn't that interesting, rather it's dying. It's not dynamic like football, basketball or hockey. My eyes roll when Bernstein starts rolling off his baseball acronyms, boring.

It seems like regarding any new hires, Score management has to get the blessing of Bernstein or it doesn't happen. Look at Dan Durkin, that was a Bernstein pick for sure. He has "run of the mouth" like Bernstein, likes to hear himself talk, but just doesn't have a voice for football, more for fashion.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:25 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
3 man weave with Big Purple, Mannelly , Goff. That way they think they have 3 of the 4 majors covered by a so called expert. Hockey will be ignored in favor of BBQ sauce talk.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:00 am 

pizza_Place: Joe's Pizza
I would like Goff and Grote personally. If Grimace's fat ass has to stay, having him pared with Goff might be good. If Goff is smart, he should see the writing on the wall as it pertains to hate sports radio. The way of Lil' Danny gives you one thing: low ratings.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:27 am 

pizza_Place: Lugi's of Hong Kong
Other than way too much NBA talk I don't mind Goff and wouldn't mind seeing him back BUT...
I hope he's going to the GAME or even ESPN.
If he's back at WSCR you know Goff had to kiss the ring of the guy who returns cheese and it will be yet another clone.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Curious Hair wrote:
One idea that passed through my head would have been to have some sort of obligatory Spiegel-oriented show from 9 to noon and then have noon to 2 be, like, "the Bears Lunch" where it's a roundtable of Bears guys talking Bears because Bears Bears with the Bears and the Bears for the Bears. Then at the end of the season, you come up with some other show for the rest of the year.

yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even make a 'permanent' replacement and just do the Bears bearshour(s) for the season. Or effectively do the same thing by naming Mannely.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:22 am 

8675309 wrote:
Other than way too much NBA talk I don't mind Goff and wouldn't mind seeing him back BUT...
I hope he's going to the GAME or even ESPN.
If he's back at WSCR you know Goff had to kiss the ring of the guy who returns cheese and it will be yet another clone.

I totally agree.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Would be sad for the other hosts if, after extended try-outs, they were all passed over for another glorified producer who got canned from his first hosting job?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
BD wrote:
Would be sad for the other hosts if, after extended try-outs, they were all passed over for another glorified producer who got canned from his first hosting job?

yeah it'd be sad because they failed the tryout.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
I like Goff even though he is still a work in progress as on air talent.

Hasn't the guy had significant on-air time for about a decade now? If he is still a "work-in-progress," then he isn't progressing fast enough. Same thing with drinky. The guy is in his early 40s at this point. If the belief is that he hasn't reached his potential, maybe people are overestimating his ability.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:02 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
No goff hes terrible and got fired once from cbs atl i thought