It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Curious Hair wrote:
I'm willing to believe that the 101.1 frequency is getting more listeners than the Q101 brand online. To paraphrase the great Frank Zappa, radio's not dead, it just smells funny.

Oh I am sure, what they are willing to pay though for the Q doesn't add up for either side.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
The Whigs gotta cover "Take Me to Church" the way they did "Lovecrimes," because this has to be the Greg Dulli-est song ever written by someone who isn't Greg Dulli.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:16 pm 

I like the song for sure. Might be a bit early for a cover and perhaps more apropos for Hozier to cover Dulli?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:18 pm 
Was anybody near the guy Duli got so pissed at last time for texting during the show? I was walking down to take a piss and when I came back my buddy was "no he wasn't fucking around. The guy pissed him off"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:22 pm 

Also frank ocean isn't trying to do a Dulli thing so it fit better with that cover. Not that frank is anywhere true Motown but we know Dulli loves the soulful stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
Who is Hozier?
I just looked that song up, and I've never heard it or of this guy.
Weird, considering it has 8 Mil views......
:?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:25 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
Was anybody near the guy Duli got so pissed at last time for texting during the show? I was walking down to take a piss and when I came back my buddy was "no he wasn't fucking around. The guy pissed him off"

The guy who hit him in the head with a 2X4 in Texas pissed him off more. I forgot in my short tenure here that you are a Dulli fan. You were on hiatus at the time I went off talking about him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:26 pm 

shirtless driver wrote:
Who is Hozier?
I just looked that song up, and I've never heard it or of this guy.
Weird, considering it has 8 Mil views......
:?

Popular song right now. If I didn't have the, younger family in my house I wouldn't know either.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:30 pm 
Big fan now. Just wasn't very aware of them up until the last few years. I had seen them and didn't realize it (Aerosmith opener in late 90's), but knew more of their stuff than I realized. Went with some buddies to the Lolla after show and got fully hooked. Tightest live show musically I've ever seen.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:48 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
Big fan now. Just wasn't very aware of them up until the last few years. I had seen them and didn't realize it (Aerosmith opener in late 90's), but knew more of their stuff than I realized. Went with some buddies to the Lolla after show and got fully hooked. Tightest live show musically I've ever seen.

Dulli has more vocal range now but back in the day he had the range of Kiedis. Always puts on a great show. If he was bigger his ego would be insane, lucky it never got that way. Likely my favorite song writer. If you haven't ingested his whole catalog you should. Not saying he was the most talented guy ever but he hits a chord pun intended to the 90's crowd. Great lyrics. Obsessive about arrangements and production etc...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:49 pm 
I've got the full Whigs catalog on my car ipod. Gutter Twins and Twilight are on the main HD but never have made the time to dive into those.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:50 pm 

I'm gonna give the Gutter Twins another try tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:52 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
I'm gonna give the Gutter Twins another try tonight.

Start with Circle The Fringes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:56 pm 

Idle Hands and Front Street were the played songs on the album. Circle was drugged out and Dulli was a couple years sober at the time. Obviously Mark wasn't.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:02 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
I've got the full Whigs catalog on my car ipod. Gutter Twins and Twilight are on the main HD but never have made the time to dive into those.

Aging I honestly love Twilight Singers. The first album was moderate at best a few tracks were good. Blackberry Belle is wow. IMHO. Tribute to Ted Demme. Just really good. Powder Burns was all about his addiction after he was clean. Gorgeous. Dynamite Steps. I really like too. The title track means a lot to me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:59 am 

Dynamite Steps was a little weak to me compared to the other three, but "Get Lucky" is a great little dirge. Right on about Blackberry Belle, too.

Hey, how'd Tindersticks work out for you?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:22 am 

I got Simple Pleasure likely because of boobies. I like it but I have to digest more of the catalog.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:10 pm 

October 10th bitches. I can't make riot fest but we are going to this. Perhaps we can meetup if anyone else is going and you don't scare my old lady.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:13 pm 

Oh, you've gotta be kidding me. Perhaps dropping all that money on tickets to Jackson Browne was ill-advised. I mean, I guess I can afford both, technically, but it's not what I budgeted for. Hm.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:59 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Oh, you've gotta be kidding me. Perhaps dropping all that money on tickets to Jackson Browne was ill-advised. I mean, I guess I can afford both, technically, but it's not what I budgeted for. Hm.

Oddly it is the Gentleman 21 anniversary, yeah 21. Might be an awkward night. Last metro show I avoided even having tickets because me ex wife was going. Literally talked about what a mistake it was with the old lady we agreed. Today this is announced. Going to be a good time. Understand I'm a gentleman. I've got time for you.....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:05 pm 

I'm inching closer and closer to buying a ticket for myself. It's just been a matter of not being sure whether the timing works out for such blatant Me Time. 30 bucks, I can swing that. I should know in a week or two.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:08 pm 

Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic

Another great Whigs cover.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:37 pm 

Greg Dulli. He is ok in my book. You going to the metro? I am not sure currently now sitter issues. Grrrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:57 pm 

So anyone going to this?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xj_jzDRPmk#t=33