It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Spiegel Is a Caller Bob
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Quote:
Matt Spiegel@MattSpiegel670 · 48m 48 minutes ago

Sent the intern, @erook, to go grab us some sausages from @hotdougs. I figure he'll be back by 11, or 11:30, right? Quick trip.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Your haphazard use of that word is alarming to me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
This thread is pure gospel.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Kirkwood wrote:
Quote:

Sent the intern, @erook, to go grab us some sausages from @hotdougs. I figure he'll be back by 11, or 11:30, right? Quick trip.

Someone needs to tweet "Go get it yourself. No one will miss you when you're not on the air."

Last edited by Tad Queasy on Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Wow. The terror of not eating between breakfast and lunch.
I don't know that I could handle that.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Kirkwood wrote:
Quote:

Isn't there a huge fucking line at Hot Doug's?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:46 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/02/hot-dougs-line-photos_n_5920306.html
Quote:
CHICAGO (AP) -- Chicago's hippest hot dog stand helped elevate the lowly sausage into a culinary superstar by stuffing it with exotic ingredients including escargot, foie gras and rattlesnake. When the owner announced the gourmet shop was closing, everyone expected encased-meat aficionados to line up for one last taste.

But this?

Lines forming deep in the night. Lawn chairs, card tables, poker chips, sleeping bags and booze to help pass the wait of up to eight hours. A spot in line popping up on Craigslist for $300. Apologetic announcements telling patrons they won't reach the front of the line and secure their coveted dog before closing time.

As Hot Doug's prepares to close Friday, in a city that takes its hot dogs seriously, the line outside Doug Sohn's "sausage superstore" has become as big a sensation as the stand itself. And nobody entertains the idea for even a second that this is the least bit crazy.

So, who are these people? Well, just go down the line:

---

NO. 1

Christopher Sanders and his buddy David Kudla became Wednesday's first customers at 12:45 a.m., unfolding lawn chairs to wait for the doors to open at 10:30 a.m.

Sanders, 29, had never been to Doug's before - put off, by all things, by the sight of constant but shorter lines.

"I've driven past it, seen the lines and said, `I'm not waiting that long, it's crazy,'" he said. "I will never get a chance to do it ever again."

---

MAKING THE GRADE

Sergio Deleon, who arrived at 3 a.m., knows that if he's not in his college classroom by 11 it will cost him a full grade in class.

"Gonna be worth it," said the 24-year-old Deleon, though he had a plan for salvaging an A - buy a dog for the professor too.

"See if it works," he said.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Curious Hair wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Quote:

yes, to the point where this seems like an obvious joke.

...though it's Spiegel, so...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
The intern should ram those sausages up his ass before delivering them!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Upcoming Event:

CSFMB Brat Party at Pasta's House!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Of all the real and anecdotal stories many of us could recite from memory about things radio interns have been subjected to over the years, I'm not quite sure standing on line at Hot Doug's really ranks at all.

Plus, it gets him away from Spiegel, so if anything it's probably a blessing.

Shit, the worst job I ever had the owner thought he'd hassle me one day by sending me in the company truck to pick something up in Wisconsin. Jesus Christ it was the best day of work I ever had there ... it was like escaping from prison.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:26 am 

Spiegel is more of a twat than a Caller Bob. I would reserve the word "Caller Bob" for someone who exhibits a special sort of vileness in their behaviors.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Zizou wrote:
Spiegel is more of a twat than a Caller Bob. I would reserve the word "Caller Bob" for someone who exhibits a special sort of vileness in their behaviors.

caller to the smoldering remains of the opie and anthony show the other day was talking about a tinder hookup gone wrong where the chick neglected to mention where she was 300lb, so at some point things broke down after he made it obvious he wasn't going to fuck her but hey a blowjob would be great. she went off to get something and dude had his back turned, so she ran right back at him with a scarf and ended up starting to choke him to death. he had to coldcock the bitch (oh the irony) and get the fuck out of there.

i think that's a Caller Bob, right?

and if speigel was a Caller Bob, well i don't think he'd choke you out as much as he'd make you feel stupid before he left to get a sandwich.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Drove by yesterday, the guy aint coming back until night!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
sinicalypse wrote:
Zizou wrote:

caller to the smoldering remains of the opie and anthony show the other day was talking about a tinder hookup gone wrong where the chick neglected to mention where she was 300lb, so at some point things broke down after he made it obvious he wasn't going to fuck her but hey a blowjob would be great. she went off to get something and dude had his back turned, so she ran right back at him with a scarf and ended up starting to choke him to death. he had to coldcock the bitch (oh the irony) and get the fuck out of there.

and if speigel was a Caller Bob, well i don't think he'd choke you out as much as he'd make you feel stupid before he left to get a sandwich.

That man is a prime example of predatory nature that is planted deep in the male psyche. That women was merely defending herself against the male who would have raped her...if not right then and there then definitely sometime in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
You know, this got me thinking back to my intern days around 20 years ago. Yeah, I had to do all the crap prep work no one wants to do. Typing, mailing shit, making phone calls. However, I don't think I ever once had to fetch even a coffee for the dudes I was interning for. In fact, they bought and brought me food. If it was me interning for Grimace, I'd tell him to shove it up his fat ass, and look for another place to intern at. You're supposed to kind of be learning how the job works for your future career. Want to be a waiter? Get a job at Chili's.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:48 am 

ShipOfZion wrote:
You know, this got me thinking back to my intern days around 20 years ago. Yeah, I had to do all the crap prep work no one wants to do. Typing, mailing shit, making phone calls. However, I don't think I ever once had to fetch even a coffee for the dudes I was interning for. In fact, they bought and brought me food. If it was me interning for Grimace, I'd tell him to shove it up his fat ass, and look for another place to intern at. You're supposed to kind of be learning how the job works for your future career. Want to be a waiter? Get a job at Chili's.
That is how it should be. The whole concept of an intern is more for the benefit of the intern than the company.

The fact that Spiegel goes all "Devil Wears Prada" on college kids who think it would be cool to enter a dying industry is sad and pathetic.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
As an intern at a radio station I got a producer an iced coffee from across the street once on like my first or second day. He gave me money to get something for myself. I don't like coffee, so I pocketed the change. All my other duties were radio-related.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Great American
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:
That is how it should be. The whole concept of an intern is more for the benefit of the intern than the company.

The fact that Spiegel goes all "Devil Wears Prada" on college kids who think it would be cool to enter a dying industry is sad and pathetic.

And the fact that's he's not the only one who does that probably contributes a little to the whole dying industry thing. Why spend your time making no money, learning nothing, and getting treated like shit for someone else's amusement when the light at the end of the tunnel is the opportunity to become the next Matt Abbatacola?

Mac FM wrote:
Did somebody say grass?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Spiegs addressed this. The line was cut off early this morning. Tounge in cheek. Intern went nowhere.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:45 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2alnVIj1Jf8#t=95

Mac FM wrote:
Did somebody say grass?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:50 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Spiegs addressed this. The line was cut off early this morning. Tounge in cheek. Intern went nowhere.

For shame, all of you who want to believe the worst in Spiegel...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:21 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:

Right, but the joke is the long line

Speigs thinks its perfectly acceptable to make the kid his personal gofer, just not when its a long line

Matt Spiegel learned how to deal with interns by watching 80's movies apparently

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:31 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Right, but the joke is the long line

Speigs thinks its perfectly acceptable to make the kid his personal gofer, just not when its a long line

Matt Spiegel learned how to deal with interns by watching 80's movies apparently

Yeah, during the big hazing scandal of '13, Berns was of course on his side of the argument and Spiegel tried to make it clear that making interns his go-fers was lighthearted, built character or something.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:36 pm 

Councilman Les Whinen wrote:

best part = how the black guy didn't even sit down. i can relate.

PLEASE GOD TELL ME THAT I CAN FUCKING RELATE!!!!!!!!!!! =P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:47 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:

best part = how the black guy didn't even sit down. i can relate.

PLEASE GOD TELL ME THAT I CAN FUCKING RELATE!!!!!!!!!!! =P

I like the guy who says, "I'm sorry but I'm actually married."

Mac FM wrote:
Did somebody say grass?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:50 pm 

bathroom guy is better/realer. we've all been there, les, we've all been there. sometimes you just gotta go.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:09 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:

bathroom guy is better/realer. we've all been there, les, we've all been there. sometimes you just gotta go.

I think the lack of realness is what makes the "married" guy work. Unabashed lying in a desperate situation like that is hilarious.

The one I don't understand is the guy who sticks around to the end and says "that sucks to be them" when he finds out the other guys bailed. Did he think he was still getting that date? :lol:

Mac FM wrote:
Did somebody say grass?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:54 am 

Unilaterally kicks Adam Harris off a contest. Tells him and everyone else on the show on air.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:28 pm 

Uses Mannelly as his sugar daddy. Many odd awkward mentions of Mannelly's NFL paychecks. Plus the "WE" Jar &
ND Game (house, tix & driving).