It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 45  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:19 pm 

Bad call. That happens literally every single time WRs bunch up on one side.

ND still alive for 4 team playoff.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:25 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Chop.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:27 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Chop.

Only one of those 2 teams could lose tonight and still have both of them get into the 4-team playoff.

Good job "ACC"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:36 pm 

spanky wrote:

Most of the time the Wrs just run into the Dbs. The ND wrs put their hands and were actually blocking. All they had to do was step in front of the guys.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:56 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
spanky wrote:

Most of the time the Wrs just run into the Dbs. The ND wrs put their hands and were actually blocking. All they had to do was step in front of the guys.

It's a last second play on 4th down with game on the line and you're saying it's different because they didn't "just run into the Db" instead they "put their hands on them" while running into the DB. Not sure that's what the rule says...actually I am sure. It doesn't differentiate.
The FSU DB grabbed on and pulled down on the jersey of the rubbing WR. Watch the play again. You're picking nits. The FSU DB initiated contact just as much as the WR did. It's a non-call 99% of the time.

Again. Literally happens every time WRs bunch up on one side. Cannot make that call in that situation.

(Head ref, talking to the other ref that made the call - with a look of disbelief on his face - "Are you sure"?)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
rogers park bryan wrote:
Right call.

The kid didn't get his arms up, Too obvious

This.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:20 am 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:22 am 

So FSU DB initiated the contact (with his HANDS OMFG!!!!!!) and then pulled the WR down after contact. Yet it was an "obvious call".

Got it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:29 am 

Chris Fowler ‏@cbfowler 41s41 seconds ago
Many asking my take on PI call. We were clear in the booth; can't just drive block 2 DBs. Have to finesse rub route, Broncos style.

Translation: It's not illegal to impede, block, or stop the DB from getting outside in that situation, but you have to be a "better actor" while doing it.

With the game on the line, on 4th down, 13 seconds left. But the actual act is usually legal.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:35 am 

Dbs are allowed to initiate contact within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage before the ball is thrown. Wrs can not block a db down field on a pass over the line of scrimmage.

In the play you have circled the DB is trying rip off a block. Which is not allowed.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:44 am 

conns7901 wrote:
Dbs are allowed to initiate contact within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage before the ball is thrown. Wrs can not block a db down field on a pass over the line of scrimmage.

In the play you have circled the DB is trying rip off a block. Which is not allowed.

WRs are allowed to "rip off" the DB initiated contact within 5 yards as well. The point being the DB initiated the contact.
Plus, the ball was in the air almost immediately - which as you know, eliminated the "5 yards" rule for DBs as soon as the ball is in the air.

This is a non-call 99% of the time. You know this.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:49 am 

I understand that this doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but they actually called that last pass by Golson an interception?
:lol: :shock: :shock:

The DB had both feet out of bounds and running farther out of bounds when he caught it. :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:05 am 

spanky wrote:
This is a non-call 99% of the time. You know this.

- It is not a non call 99% of the time the way they ran the play. In fact it will be called more times than not when it is ran that poorly.

-There is holding on every offensive play. It is only called when hands go outside the chest plate or a guy turns and the offensive players don;t let go.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:07 am 

conns7901 wrote:
-There is holding on every offensive play. It is only called when hands go outside the chest plate or a guy turns and the offensive players don;t let go.

huh?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:10 am 

The DB made absolutely no attempt to actually cover the receiving WR.
In fact, I'd be willing to bet that wasn't even his assigned WR. Which is why he (THE DB) grabbed on and held the WR all the way through the play. He had his guy covered when he grabbed on to him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:15 am 

In fact, the more I look at the replay:
Look at the initial reaction of all 3 DB's as a group when the snap happens - none of them were going to cover Robinson. :lol:
None of the DB's made their initial reaction toward him. That FSU DB was covering the guy he was assigned to - which is why he grabbed him right away.

This call gets worse every time I see it :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:37 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
NIU won today. Rejoice

Look at the wr's body angle. There is no way in hell he was going out on a route. He was blocking 100 percent off the snap. No WR would be angled that far forward if he intended to actually go out on a route...especially one that happened that soon. The DB was playing his normal 5 yd defense with a WR lunging into him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
As an ND homer, that was OPI that should have been called, sadly.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:07 am 

spanky wrote:
I understand that this doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but they actually called that last pass by Golson an interception?
:lol: :shock: :shock:

The DB had both feet out of bounds and running farther out of bounds when he caught it. :shock:

Yeah i was looking up the call in question on gsmecast and saw that. That's crazy. Announcer called it a pick and that was wrong but to out it in the book is crazy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:10 am 

My feeling is it was technically the right call but you dont usually make those ticky tack calls in game on the line situations

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
spanky wrote:
In fact, the more I look at the replay:
Look at the initial reaction of all 3 DB's as a group when the snap happens - none of them were going to cover Robinson. :lol:
None of the DB's made their initial reaction toward him. That FSU DB was covering the guy he was assigned to - which is why he grabbed him right away.

This call gets worse every time I see it :lol:

I do agree with Spanky that Admiral Jr was left open and the rub/block wasnt even necessary, it saved them.

A Pick play is illegal, simple. Yet, a version of it is run all the time. usually the WR/RB runs out as if they are running a route...and it becomes incidental contact...that's where the ND player makes the illegal play...it's kind of simple.

Even the ND radio call had it when it happened....

Spanky a domer? or did you have the money line?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:57 am 

bigfan wrote:

No money on the line

After sleeping on it (or sleeping it off :drunken: ) it was an OPI call by the book, but it happens all the time. Still can't believe they made the call, in that situation. Took a lot of guts by that ref. Probably doesn't get called if game is played in SB.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
spanky wrote:
bigfan wrote:

No money on the line

After sleeping on it (or sleeping it off :drunken: ) it was an OPI call by the book, but it happens all the time. Still can't believe they made the call, in that situation. Took a lot of guts by that ref. Probably doesn't get called if game is played in SB.

That is the right reaction. It was a penalty. You can argue whether they should call or not but that is just luck of the refs or lack of it. My facebook was hilarious. Many fans crying robbed of bad call then admitting after a bit as they were in bar they didn't even see it closely.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:14 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I think it was ultimately a penalty.

But the FSU guy did a great job of selling it pretty hard and did pull on the guy. Good job by him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:15 pm 

Guarantee will they make the play-off if they win out. They're very inconsistent so I think all the remaining games on their schedule are potential losses. Even NU! ND struggled with UNC and they are a budding dumpster fire. They seem to play down or up to their competition.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I'm still not over that call. Drop the whistles on that fucking play. Especially since it had no bearing on the player being wide the fuck open.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:22 pm 

Zizou wrote:
Guarantee will they make the play-off if they win out. They're very inconsistent so I think all the remaining games on their schedule are potential losses. Even NU! ND struggled with UNC and they are a budding dumpster fire. They seem to play down or up to their competition.
Notre Dame needs a loss by two of these three teams: MSU, Oregon, FSU. At this point, all three would make it over ND.

The other two teams will be SEC teams unless the SEC goes crazy with losses by everyone. I'm not convinced ND could jump the loser of the Egg Bowl and may struggle to even get in over Alabama.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:25 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
I'm still not over that call. Drop the whistles on that fucking play. Especially since it had no bearing on the player being wide the fuck open.
Seriously?

If that isn't a penalty, then every team in college football would score in the red zone 100% of the time.

Kelly took a chance that a play designed to be pass interference wouldn't be called. It was a dumb play call. Notre Dame had a clear advantage on the FSU defense. You don't need to call a play designed to be a foul and then cross your fingers.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Seriously?

If that isn't a penalty, then every team in college football would score in the red zone 100% of the time.

Kelly took a chance that a play designed to be pass interference wouldn't be called. It was a dumb play call. Notre Dame had a clear advantage on the FSU defense. You don't need to call a play designed to be a foul and then cross your fingers.

But the pick didnt even spring Robinson. He was going to be open no matter what. It's like calling a hold that happened away from the play.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:33 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
But the pick didnt even spring Robinson. He was going to be open no matter what. It's like calling a hold that happened away from the play.
That doesn't matter. There is no way that play is able to be stopped with how it was run. That is why it is a clear penalty.

You can't say he would be open no matter what when the whole play caused him to be open and it was a clear illegal play.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 45  Next