It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: Sausage
Yikes...it's gonna be a rough winter with ole Patrick here swingging and missing on NBA/NHL discussions...he didn't even watch sportscenter this morning or browse deadspin to see what happened last night? No clue about the Kobe/Howard Scuffle...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Sausage
Shepp's WWF Themed music this week is TOP NOTCH!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
At least he will show up and make an effort. That's a start. The bar is set low.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
this show yesterday really felt comfortable. Like the hosts had good interplay. Mac may regret stepping away ultimately. What, Mac had NBA thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
It's been a fairly innocuous show thus far. Not great but not bad. Florio on now so maybe he
will drop a few nuggets.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Stu-Gotz with a mention.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:51 am 

"Furious Five". I PTFB earlier when Grimace decided to assess the content. Somehow he thinks he's superior with his music tastes simply by inferring that others have inferior tastes. Either drop the frequency of mentions or invite callers to participate, else I'm going to keep doing the PTFB with every mention.

Gone until transition.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
What is Matt Spiegel's taste in music? It seems like kind of an informed attribute; everyone (including Matt himself) talks about what great taste in music he has, but the bands themselves rarely come up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Curious Hair wrote:
What is Matt Spiegel's taste in music? It seems like kind of an informed attribute; everyone (including Matt himself) talks about what great taste in music he has, but the bands themselves rarely come up.

Good question. The weeks that he has won Furious Five he has played Little Feat and Stevie Wonder music
I believe. I really have no idea what he really likes personally.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:29 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Doesn't everybody think they have great taste in music? That's kind of the point, isn't it?

I never hear anybody say "I'd play you a couple songs but everything I like sucks."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I think some people are aware enough to know that the music they like is bad. That's why you have "guilty pleasures". Some people intentionally seek out and get joy out of listening to shit that is clearly bad music.

Add: I think Shep knows damn well he has no taste in music at best (but let's not kid ourselves, it's bad taste), and he's enjoying the hell out of torturing everyone because he has a platform to do it. If it were in a real life social setting, his craptastic music choices would get switched off in about 5 seconds.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
The Doink music was great. It got us 2 minutes of wrestling talk.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
ShipOfZion wrote:
I think Shep knows damn well he has no taste in music at best (but let's not kid ourselves, it's bad taste), and he's enjoying the hell out of torturing everyone because he has a platform to do it. If it were in a real life social setting, his craptastic music choices would get switched off in about 5 seconds.

Shep's waters don't run too deep, do they?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Score Host Criteria:

- Do you have the ability to show up to work consistently?
- Do you have a basic understanding regarding how to speak into a microphone?
- Do you have a clean criminal record?*

If the answer to these questions are "Yes", congratulations! Come by the station to pick up your 670 t-shirt and sign your contract.

*This question is only considered if you have never worked for the station or owned a hot dog stand.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:25 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Doesn't everybody think they have great taste in music? That's kind of the point, isn't it?

I never hear anybody say "I'd play you a couple songs but everything I like sucks."
I have bad taste in music.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
leashyourkids wrote:
Score Host Criteria:

- Do you have the ability to show up to work consistently?
- Do you have a basic understanding regarding how to speak into a microphone?
- Do you have a clean criminal record?*

If the answer to these questions are "Yes", congratulations! Come by the station to pick up your 670 t-shirt and sign your contract.

*This question is only considered if you have never worked for the station or owned a hot dog stand.

Even if the answer is 'no' to a couple of these, you probably still have a job.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Mannelly is a like a guy who enjoys sports, but never really watched that much while living here for 16 years and now is all excited to get out and go to games.

Yeah, this partnership will not last. At some point Mannelly wont bring much to the table and Spiegs will drop the ball in Shep and Jays lap, then nothing much will happen.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
bigfan wrote:
Mannelly is a like a guy who enjoys sports, but never really watched that much while living here for 16 years and now is all excited to get out and go to games.

You mean he isn't defined by them?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
bigfan wrote:

Yeah, this partnership will not last. At some point Mannelly wont bring much to the table and Spiegs will drop the ball in Shep and Jays lap, then nothing much will happen.

I like how by design they have increased the on-air presence of Shep and Jay on the show but the problem is that their voices sound too much alike. Also, if 87.7 The Game shuts down operations at some point, it would not surprise me if Ben Finfer returns to The Score's midday show in some capacity.

Last edited by WindyCityBreeze on Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
This show is really going to miss Mac's NBA breakdown.

At least both of the hosts might watch the game now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
cluv8484 wrote:
Yikes...it's gonna be a rough winter with ole Patrick here swingging and missing on NBA/NHL discussions...he didn't even watch sportscenter this morning or browse deadspin to see what happened last night? No clue about the Kobe/Howard Scuffle...

Yup. That is exactly why the Snapper should be one of the Scores football experts & not a show host. I listenend for a little while today while in the car. Grimace never misses a chance to remind everyone that Pat is new at radio.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Scorehead on Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Scorehead wrote:
cluv8484 wrote:

You. That is exactly why the Snapper should be one of the Scores football experts & not a show host. I listenend for a little while today while in the car.Grimace never misses a chance to remind everyone that Pat is new at radio.

THAT'S BECAUSE HE IS NEW AT RADIO.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders
Who on any show is "knowledgeable" about all aspects of sports? Who cares, anyway? Technical breakdowns are boring and I'd rather hear the hosts "human" reaction to games than a breakdown of meaningless Xs and Os...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:49 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I have bad taste in music.

Apparently, I do too...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:22 pm 

I only caught the end of Charch today. Did he recommend to pick up Tom Brady after he said to drop him a couple weeks ago? Fantasy football "experts" is a bigger scam than prospect "experts."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
Makalu G wrote:
Who on any show is "knowledgeable" about all aspects of sports? Who cares, anyway? Technical breakdowns are boring and I'd rather hear the hosts "human" reaction to games than a breakdown of meaningless Xs and Os...

As a listener, my expectation of the show hosts at the very least is that they pay attention to the sports scene as a whole, and that they give informed opinions on the show. I personally don't enjoy listening to hosts who don't even make an effort to be informed and are trying to get by spewing nonsense on the air.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:41 pm 

WindyCityBreeze wrote:

As a listener, my expectation of the show hosts at the very least is that they pay attention to the sports scene as a whole, and that they give informed opinions on the show. I personally don't enjoy listening to hosts who don't even make an effort to be informed and are trying to get by spewing nonsense on the air.

I listen for entertainment. If I learn something... cool, but what do you really learn from any host on any show? At least Mannelly has some decent insight from a player/locker room perspective.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
I don't know who is worse Mannely or J.Payton. Neither of them have any business being on sports radio. Payton tries to quickly say something "stupid" that he thinks is funny anytime hockey comes up and Mannely just sits quietly when non football talk is on

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock

I have no taste in music. I wouldn't dare let you look at my Spotify and Pandora selections.....

90% of the time I cant figure out the song reference in CH's Blackhawks thread titles. Yeah, it's that bad.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:10 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
denisdman wrote:

I have no taste in music. I wouldn't dare let you look at my Spotify and Pandora selections.....

90% of the time I cant figure out the song reference in CH's Blackhawks thread titles. Yeah, it's that bad.

I didn't even realize they were song references until I read somebody discuss it the other day.