It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
This is one show that's not buying what the Bears are selling...

Who are these guys, anyway?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
couple of DBs who think they're really cool.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:22 pm 

Joe O talking about how much better the SCORE is now without stupid stuff like "Caning" and "Jagbag"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
What about stupid stuff like Joe Ostrowski?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:28 pm 

how can anybody buy what the mclaskys are saying?

everyone forget the pressers we just had a couple years ago when emery and tressy were hired?

emery sounded like a savior of the city. what a fantastic public speaker.

but he isnt a good scout. and he was terrible at hiring a coach.

and now were hearing the exact same crap, and again with absolutely NO clue on who they are going to hire. theyre even "taking their time" again, which is what fucked us last time.

#IPOBears

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:30 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Hatchetman wrote:
Joe O talking about how much better the SCORE is now without stupid stuff like "Caning" and "Jagbag"

Does he ever stop to think that he wouldn't even have a fucking job without the guy that invented that stuff? Whatever you think about North (and I think he's a dope), he made that station. Joe O. is ignorant.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Does he ever stop to think that he wouldn't even have a fucking job without the guy that invented that stuff? Whatever you think about North (and I think he's a dope), he made that station. Joe O. is ignorant.

That's what you call "Kissing the Ring."

These little toads kiss BernSTINE's ass and beg for his acceptance even while they produce other shows.

Pathetic.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
SomeGuy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

That's what you call "Kissing the Ring."

These little toads kiss BernSTINE's ass and beg for his acceptance even while they produce other shows.

Pathetic.

you do realize that these guys have been ripping on Bernsie's Bears stance all day? If he had been there for transition today, that would have been hilarious. They're doing everything but calling Dan out today.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Curious Hair wrote:
What about stupid stuff like Joe Ostrowski?

You mean the patented Joe O Pause for thoughtful mind bending sports commentary doesnt intrigue ??????

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

I agree. North was bad. Especially at the end.

But wasn't Joe his producer? One half of "the battling pollacks".

You think Joe ever told North that he thought "Caning" and "Jagbag" sucked.

But Joe has better stuff. Like whining about his bad gambling beats and/or Fantasy football loses. Those are great segments.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:21 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
City of Fools wrote:
you do realize that these guys have been ripping on Bernsie's Bears stance all day? If he had been there for transition today, that would have been hilarious. They're doing everything but calling Dan out today.

Dan's alone on this one. Everyone has basically said that Turner and Hooch shouldn't be making any of the football decisions but he was so sure there would be SWEEPING CHANGES AT HALAS HALL and A NEW WAY OF DOING BUSINESS that when it didn't happen, he couldn't seem outraged, hence sounding meatbally.

He should have stopped with his "Trestman will be fired unless he isn't" prediction.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:51 pm 

It's hosts like Joe O that make me want to shoot the radio; huge pauses, supposed big thoughts and no imagination. Memo to Joe: you're not that bright and you have no personality - you can't fix the former; try working on the latter.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

didea wrote:
It's hosts like Joe O that make me want to shoot the radio; huge pauses, supposed big thoughts and no imagination. Memo to Joe: you're not that bright and you have no personality - you can't fix the former; try working on the latter.

The pauses and slow talk to make something sound important: Both Larry and Joe got that from Bernstein.

We're...really...smart...people.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I'll never forget the time Connor McKnight was doing an evening show, sighing and groaning about having to watch hockey on New Year's Day when he could have been watching football instead, and it was such a terrible burden to have to watch hockey because no one really cares. This was when McDoink was on the Hawks beat, when the Score had a Hawks beat, so I was like "whoa, pretty fucked that the beat reporter would shit all over the sport he's supposed to be covering." Then upon identifying himself, I realized that the sighing and groaning was actually emanating from Joe Ostrowski and they just sound more or less the same all the time.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't like North.

But Joe, drinky, Goff and the other backups don't realize something. They would have gotten shots if North remained and Bernstein never came to the Score. So it's fun to knock him like they do but they were better off with him for their own interests.

Because when "dumb" was the face of the station, more likely that "dumb" would get other full time shows. The producers are dumb. Mitch can't promote dumb cuz Bernstein won't allow it.

They'll never understand this, but it's true.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:51 pm 

was was going to mention earlier that Joe sounds exactly like connor. stupid.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:11 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
couple of DBs who think they're really cool.

I read your quote right after you posted it, then found myself in my car stuck in traffic and not realizing your quote because it took a bit for me to realize who these two were. Truer, more accurate words could not have been posted BEFORE they came on the air.