It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:09 pm 

So now only Butler and Gasol will be completely drained by April

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
I don't mind Joakim taking the rest of the regular season off. Just stop being on the fence about it. Sit if you're hurt, he's got a ton of mileage. Rose on the other hand does not have a ton of recent mileage and needs to play to get better.

They'd better start sitting Gasol. Immediately. These minutes will not end well.

I think people (including Rose himself) need to accept that he's never going to be the same player he was. His entire game was taking the ball to the rack with an unbelievable burst of speed. I can't see that coming back. The way he played was predicated on that step and he's lost a fraction of and that's just enough to make him the same as a lot of other guys he previously stood above. I still think he can be a poor man's Jason Kidd if he were willing to accept that. But instead he's chucking up terrible shots and refusing to defend.

But as far as the health issues and playing time are concerned, I think Jen the Trainer was brought in-house to prevent Thibs from playing Rose 48 minutes a game.

Rose clearly needs a lot more game time shots to get back in a rhythm. Losing speed doesn't make you a bad jump shooter. Before Derrick got injured he had made the three pointer a big part of his game.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:10 pm 

Tony Snell should be playing every night. Bairstow should be playing every night.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Douchebag wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Gasol had no answers on defense either last night.

Vucevic took Gasol to school last night.

R.I.P. Pau

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/9F7C9C ... sj1TlBwHII

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:12 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
City of Fools wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
I don't mind Joakim taking the rest of the regular season off. Just stop being on the fence about it. Sit if you're hurt, he's got a ton of mileage. Rose on the other hand does not have a ton of recent mileage and needs to play to get better.

They'd better start sitting Gasol. Immediately. These minutes will not end well.

I think people (including Rose himself) need to accept that he's never going to be the same player he was. His entire game was taking the ball to the rack with an unbelievable burst of speed. I can't see that coming back. The way he played was predicated on that step and he's lost a fraction of and that's just enough to make him the same as a lot of other guys he previously stood above. I still think he can be a poor man's Jason Kidd if he were willing to accept that. But instead he's chucking up terrible shots and refusing to defend.

But as far as the health issues and playing time are concerned, I think Jen the Trainer was brought in-house to prevent Thibs from playing Rose 48 minutes a game.

Rose clearly needs a lot more game time shots to get back in a rhythm. Losing speed doesn't make you a bad jump shooter. Before Derrick got injured he had made the three pointer a big part of his game.

He was never a good jump shooter.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:13 pm 

Chus wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Gasol had no answers on defense either last night.

Vucevic took Gasol to school last night.

R.I.P. Pau

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/9F7C9C ... sj1TlBwHII

That was a man's dunk.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Douchebag wrote:
That was a man's dunk.

Douchebag wrote:
No it wasn't.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:23 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

He was never a good jump shooter.

I disagree. His shot may have been a flat line drive from the start but he had got good at the 15' and three point jumpers.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Rose can still get to the rim when he chooses. He has shown that on the sporadic occasions in which he has come out aggressive. The couple of games after Thibs called him out illustrate that. Unfortunately it didn't last & it seems that he has lost that mentality.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:05 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Rose can still get to the rim when he chooses. He has shown that on the sporadic occasions in which he has come out aggressive. The couple of games after Thibs called him out illustrate that. Unfortunately it didn't last & it seems that he has lost that mentality.

He did it once last night.
He blew past Wall last Friday.

He just appears disinterested or something.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
City of Fools wrote:
:lol: it appears no one is listening...

Jen is a trainer for the Bulls...she only works with Jo and Derrick.

Joe finished up by saying that the Bulls may need to ship someone out...couldn't hear if it was Tom or Jo...

It'd mean more (or anything) if Cowley wrote an article about it. He works for the paper there, damnit!

I agree KC is a stooge but Cowley got this job as a form of excommunication after his twitter suspension, he's just as likely just making shit up to try and kick-start a talking head career like the guy he was supposed to replace (Mariotti).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The funny thing is, the guys who are complaining about Rose and Noah rationing their efforts are the same people who complained that you can't win a championship by giving a max effort in January and lauding Popovich for holding his entire starting five out of games. Maybe Jen the Trainer would be a fetishized coach if she insisted Rose and Noah sat out the way Pop does.

Also, nobody complained about Tim Grover.

To be fair to Cowley, he's always been on the side of Thibs and has ripped on the 'minutes watchers'.

So he's been consistent, just wrong. Noah's coming off of a serious knee surgery and is a 30 year old big man who relies on activity. If Thibs has issues with restrictions that's a failing on him as a coach in not seeing the bigger picture.

I do agree that if Bernstein fakes 'concern' about this it's disingenuous, as he'd be the first to say a January game against Orlando means nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:16 pm 

for the record, it was a shrug of the shoulders for Dan today.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:06 am 

pizza_Place: Lugi's of Hong Kong
Joe Cowley is a weirdo BUT I give him a ton of credit.
It was already somewhat mentioned but 99% of the Bulls media are like a pack of Taylor Swift fans following her as reporters.
KC Johnson admits he won't report things that upset players. David Schuster is dumb enough to go on talk shows wearing Bulls sweaters. Jon Greenberg hates all other Chicago teams with a passion but is a bigger Bulls fanboy than Mark Silverman and Benny the Bull combined.
Do the Bulls offer a much better media spread than the other teams or is this just an odd collection of media who happen to cover the same team?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:08 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Let me guess: Jon Greenberg can be heard saying "they're not Bulls fans, they're Jordan fans."