It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
It's gonna be a cold day in hell before the Score King and the Kap Man are under one roof.

Agreed. I think this was Kap and/or Haugh floating this to Feder. Kap is a meatball and Haugh is stupid according to Dan Bernstein. No way he approves this hire so it won't happen.

I think Mac will be back. I think he might have known all along that Mannelly was just keeping the seat warm for the football season.

Spiegel might be gone, though. Wheels were in motion the day Spiegel crossed Bernstein on the air. Let's go back to the "When will Bernstein fire Mannelly" thread in the B&B section so see who picked the closest date.

Last edited by Beardown on Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
Hussra wrote:
not a single mention of J Goff?

Cant happen. Fired CBS employee. Forever struck from the records book!

Yeah. Where ya been? Big Fan broke this months ago.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
tThe negotations btw DaMaNa and Mtch...

DaMaNa Image Mitch

If you're Mitch, you take 10% of your last best offer to DaMaNa and then chop off another 5% every time he balks...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Hussra wrote:
tThe negotations btw DaMaNa and Mtch...

DaMaNa Image Mitch

If you're Mitch, you take 10% of your last best offer to DaMaNa and then chop off another 5% every time he balks...

If it was Mac and Mitch, mac would still be there...and they would be in Scottsdale...and I would be there !

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
schmitty1121 wrote:
Looks like Pat realized this wasn't for him. The show hadn't gotten any better, so I have to say, I'm glad to see this. Hopefully Porky gets fired also. This whole time slot needs a change. Kap and Haugh, no thanks. Both are brutal, and Kap is just a asswipe.

This looks to be it, at least in my opinion. I liked Pat, he was improving but still had no real depth with sports other than football...he knows the deal and why would he want to spend MORE time with Speigs? I dunno, I don't even think Meat was the bad during his tenure as show driver, horrible segments notwithstanding.

He was put in a place he really had no chance in succeeding in. IF he wanted to keep giving it a shot he could grow his man as a third wheel.

MeatPants may be the next on on the firing line, although he shouldn't have show driver, either. Both of this hosts would be and are better 2nd/3rd bananas.

I dunno, I'm conflicted. You could tell Pat just wanted something else from the show and his time on it, like he had shit he wanted to talk about or do on the show that he didn't want to bring up to Meat for fear of ruffling his purple feathers.

Mac and Mannelly would have been solid with the Peanut Gallery involved to flesh it out. Also Meat just brought NOTHING to the table neither did the production staff.....the bits sucked, the themes sucked, ZERO audience involvement and no building of cred with fans....the show was just kinda there.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
billypootons wrote:
yikes... speigal and _______ vs. kap and haugh .... is there a surprise choice C?

Measles & Polio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
bigfan wrote:
lets face it Mannelly hated being around those shitheads daily.

This.

Mannelly seemed too nice and genuine to have to keep his guard up on a constant daily basis dealing with the likes of some of those guys. That doesn't make for a healthy or enjoyable working atmosphere. He really doesn't need that payday or the headaches it entails.

pizza_Place: Palermo's
schmitty1121 wrote:
Looks like Pat realized this wasn't for him. The show hadn't gotten any better, so I have to say, I'm glad to see this. Hopefully Porky gets fired also. This whole time slot needs a change. Kap and Haugh, no thanks. Both are brutal, and Kap is just a asswipe.

On a station full of twats and douchebags, Mannelly was one of the few people who seemed genuinely likable and may have been too mature (for lack of a better word, or maybe that's the right word) for all of the H.S. drama -- lying and passive-aggressive bullshit -- that seems to go on at that station.

I would laugh if Speigel had to work with Kaplan. I think Kap would steamroll him.

@MattSpiegel670: My guy @PatrickMannelly is a class act, & possesses great "teammateship" as his old boss once said.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:50 pm 

Cubs coming to CBS family, you know that lure is right there for Kap, Cubs and WSCR.

You rule the Cubs , you rule the station and Danny needs to take a back seat.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
Cubs coming to CBS family, you know that lure is right there for Kap, Cubs and WSCR.

I was thinking the same thing. Cubbie boy Kap wants to jump to the Cubs new ship. In fact, he might have Ricketts telling Zimmerman this is what he wants. Have his Cubs cheerleader be a part of the CBS family. Cuz for the day games Kap could also do the pre game show.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
All jokes about territory-marking aside, I legitimately won't be able to stand this station with Dave Kaplan on it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Godfella wrote:
bigfan wrote:
lets face it Mannelly hated being around those shitheads daily.

This.

Mannelly seemed too nice and genuine to have to keep his guard up on a constant daily basis dealing with the likes of some of those guys. That doesn't make for a healthy or enjoyable working atmosphere. He really doesn't need that payday or the headaches it entails.

I said that the day he was hired. He's a nice guy. The Score is full of scumbags. He just didn't fit in. Mannelly is more of the ESPN 1000 type.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:55 pm 

Beardown wrote:
bigfan wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. Cubbie boy Kap wants to jump to the Cubs new ship. In fact, he might have Ricketts telling Zimmerman this is what he wants. Have his Cubs cheerleader be a part of the CBS family. Cuz for the day games Kap could also do the pre game show.

This would be ideal.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:58 pm 

Can you imagine Kaplan and Bernstein having a conversation on the air? We'll finally find out how many anonymous sources it takes to change a light bulb.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:58 pm 

Beardown wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Hussra wrote:
not a single mention of J Goff?

Cant happen. Fired CBS employee. Forever struck from the records book!

Yeah. Where ya been? Big Fan broke this months ago.

Thought that was the case from the beginning, but folks were still suggesting Goff could somehow find his way back to another CBS station (WSCR) despite being shit-canned from a CBS station in Atlanta.

Dunno if something (un)official had been said by Goff or someone at WSCR or if it's just a conclusion based on the underlying facts (fired from CBS, WSCR is CBS, Goff is in Chicago and wasn't even allowed on mic the one time he visited the WSCR studios).

Had to be more to it than the salsa thing. At best, that's an unpaid day / up to a week suspension. Ratings alone wouldn't or shouldn't have led to CBS wholesale cashing out on J Goff. Image

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

How about this. Spiegel revealed in that "Tranny fight" that Mannelly wanted to punch out Dan Bernstein after he condescendingly said "Just agree with me and you'll be smart."

You think Bernstein went to Zim after hearing this to get Mannelly fired?

Or the other possiblity: Spiegel and Mannelly knew they were out and that's why Spiegel finally went off on Bernstein. Cuz he was bitchy and snide to Bernstein for weeks leading up to the big fight. The "What the hell" attitude.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:00 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Can you imagine Kaplan and Bernstein having a conversation on the air? We'll finally find out how many anonymous sources it takes to change a light bulb.

Kap is at Wrigley on a regular basis. he really does know people there and he lives in the neighborhood.

3 things bernstein claims and are false.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:02 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Beardown wrote:
How about this. Spiegel revealed in that "Tranny fight" that Mannelly wanted to punch out Dan Bernstein after he condescendingly said "Just agree with me and you'll be smart."

Obviously, this is pursuant to HIPAA, but I talked to my source at WSCR and he said that proper authorities were notified, though paperwork was not immediately filed.

1000 CLUB

Yeah. There was something more than the "Salsa" thing with Goff. Maybe something real big that we'll never hear about. The "Salsa" is just the story Goff will always tell. CBS Atlanta won't reveal it. But it has to be something big if CBS corporate won't let him be hired again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:04 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Obviously, this is pursuant to HIPAA, but I talked to my source at WSCR and he said that proper authorities were notified, though paperwork was not immediately filed.

Seriously? This was going to be a "thing"?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hussra wrote:

Had to be more to it than the salsa thing. At best, that's an unpaid day / up to a week suspension. Ratings alone wouldn't or shouldn't have led to CBS wholesale cashing out on J Goff.

Sure its a lot more than that. He couldn't / cant get ratings. Had 10 plus years to build up enough cred and show his bosses he warranted a slot. Obviously he didn't do either. Why bring back someone who already failed to impress you? He's fine right where he is.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Last edited by badrogue17 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Godfella wrote:
FWIW - Mannelly hasn't tweeted anything in over 10 hours.

He lost a bet on the Duke / ND game to one of the producers and he got control of Mannelly's Twitter account for several days or a week.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

You know what? This came out of no where.

Mannelly might have been told, after the show, to say he's quitting and Bernstein will drop the law suit. Something like that. Maybe.

Last edited by Beardown on Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:08 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Godfella wrote:
FWIW - Mannelly hasn't tweeted anything in over 10 hours.

He lost a bet on the Duke / ND game to one of the producers and he got control of Mannelly's Twitter account for several days or a week.

Thanks. I knew he lost the avatar thing but I forgot about the control.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:08 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Wow,miss a little,miss a lot. I love Kap and hope he get's the gig! David Haugh act's like a guy who think's he's real clever but isn't. There are better teammates out there for Kap. A Kap/North teamup would be a match made in purgatory.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:09 pm 

Beardown wrote:
You know what? This came out of no where.

Mannelly might have been told, after the show, to say he's quitting and Bernstein will drop the law suit. Something like that. Maybe.

Oh, you're being silly (and so was I). Come on.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:10 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Kap is at Wrigley on a regular basis. he really does know people there and he lives in the neighborhood.

3 things bernstein claims and are false.

WSCRUBS!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

:shock:

Breaking News!!!!!

Bernstein is the avatar on Mannelly's twitter page!!!!! Is that a message from Mannelly saying Bernstein got him fired?

https://twitter.com/patrickmannelly

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next