It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

I HAVE A NEW THEORY ON WHAT WENT DOWN!!!!!!

Fuck, I actually don't have a new theory!!!!!! I was hoping it would come to me after I typed "I HAVE A NEW THEORY ON WHAT WENT DOWN". It didn't.

Can some of you come up with something, God Dammit? Why do I always have to do it?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
Or you could STFU with your amateur conspiracy theories and just let the process play out. Geezus.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

Apologist wrote:
Or you could STFU with your amateur conspiracy theories and just let the process play out. Geezus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgXNeGGrN6U

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I've said for some time Mac would be back at the Score. I'd not be surprised at all if Matty finally got his big break with him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Godfella wrote:
So, when does Laurence Holmes start trashing Snapper on the air?

If Mannelly stays on as a football expert/Bears pre-game, LoHo will not.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:09 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I haven't read this thread and I may be in the minority but I like Pat. I don't like Spiegs though.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:45 am 
1000 CLUB

Let's just look at this from a business stand point. Doesn't matter what anybody thinks. Zim and Mitch have hitched their wagon to Bernstein. He is the Score's brand.

Spiegel told Chicago that Bernstein made up Bears reports. Hurting the brand. Spiegel is gone.

I'll bet Mannelly's contract was through the Super Bowl. That's why he is done now. That was easy and clean for THE SCORE. They got him for saying he wanted to hit Bernstein and challenging Bernstein on his bogus Bears reports.

Maybe they have to wait until Spiegel's contract expires to do him.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:55 am 

pizza_Place: Bubb Rubbs
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Damn, I did not see this coming.

I was actually looking forward to seeing how he would cover other sports - I thought he was handling it quite well.

This HAS to be Bernstein's doing. Listening this past week, there was no indication.!
Bernstein has been pumping up Manelly since he joined the score, and they've been friendly for over a decade. So good detective work, champ. Air tight.

Also, you were looking forward to hearing a mush-mouth long snapper talk NBA and MLB? That was something you actively looked forward to?

I'd rather listen to Pip fart on a snare drum.

Why would I give a fuck about his NBA and MLB thoughts? Has he ever covered a team? Does he even have a rudimentary understanding of how those leagues operate (players unions, drafting, salary caps, contracts)? X's and O's? If i wanted to hear retards spouting off about shit they don't understand, I'd listen to 1000.

I didn't even take his NFL talk seriously. He was a fucking long snapper. They make kickers look like gods.

On top of all this: Has he said one interesting thing in 5 months? No. Fucking clown shoes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:02 am 
1000 CLUB

I agree. Bernstein liked him when Mannelly was hired. You're right. But then Spiegel and Mannelly turned on Bernstein. They undermined him. Bernsetin is not used to that. Has always had his team. People scared to challenge him in Drinky, Goff and Larry and the rest of the subordinates at the SCORE.

So he turned on Mannelly.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:04 am 

pizza_Place: Bubb Rubbs
Where on the spectrum are you?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:08 am 
1000 CLUB

prickly pete wrote:
Where on the spectrum are you?

What does that mean?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:17 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:53 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Hussra interesting. I think the rainbow portion of that graphic is most applicable, if you catch my drift.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:22 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
That was a stupid joke. At any rate, most psychologists agree that it's more a constellation than a spectrum.

Well, anyway, Larz is getting pouty because the local blogger scooped him again:

Quote:
There is nothing official to report until next week. There is only speculation and misinformation being spread elsewhere.

It's not official until Larz says it's official -- which tends to be after the fact.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:08 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Guess we're two peas in a pod this morning. I see we're both sampling last night's wares. I thought the joke was just fine. Doing repetitive things is one sign of spectrum (err constellation) symptoms.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
I don't speculate about anyone being on the spectrum until Dan Bernstein (Señor MD) gives his wildly speculative diagnosis.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
I liked Mannelly. Seemed like a good guy.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:47 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
This would be weird if it was some back door punishment for Mac. All the time you were off we don't renew you until after your beloved season.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lugi's of Hong Kong
Big Cat (Katz) Radio!
Get some fresh blood in this town that isn't infected with the Score Kings poison.

Last edited by 8675309 on Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:52 am 

pittmike wrote:
This would be weird if it was some back door punishment for Mac. All the time you were off we don't renew you until after your beloved season.

Thought the same thing - weird minds think alike...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
so upon hearing this news do you think goff is somewhere listening to the descendants' hope with a tear in his eye?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Curious Hair wrote:
That was a stupid joke. At any rate, most psychologists agree that it's more a constellation than a spectrum.

Well, anyway, Larz is getting pouty because the local blogger scooped him again:

Quote:
There is nothing official to report until next week. There is only speculation and misinformation being spread elsewhere.

It's not official until Larz says it's official -- which tends to be after the fact.

He must have read the banner here, at least.

Now I'm glad to have a couple of days off, will be good listening, may even force myself into transition. Maybe that's what they are going for here, just to get numbers up.

As far as Kap goes, I used to be a 24/7 WGN listener, only called Kap and Waddle one time, and I told Tommy that I really respected him, not for his Bears days, we all know they were great, but for years of working next to the radio equivalent of Homer Simpson. Then Kap hung up on me before I could ask my trivia question, and asked/answered it himself and belittled me for asking such an easy question...FOTS then, I guess.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:25 am 
1000 CLUB

lipidquadcab wrote:
Reared on the Score wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Another win for Team Bernstein.

I'll wait for the sure-to-come superfluous Beardown thread I guess, but Bernstein was over the moon with this hire. You can't teach smart, he said.

Yeah, hard to paint this as a victory for #TeamVERYSMARTRADIO...the way he gushed about Mannelly you would have though Bernstein hand picked him.

EXACTLY! #TeamSmartDukies got derailed. They're I the entertainment business folks. While I respected what Mannelly brought to the table in the firm of insight and connections to modern day Bears players - he was about to go off the rails during NHL, NBA, NCAA hoops and baseball season

Mannelly's failure makes Bernstein look foolish - as he was a HUGE proponent of it

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:44 am 

Beardown wrote:
Not to mention Haugh. I think Bernstein has probably called at least 500 of his columns completely stupid, wrong and/or willfully ignorant.

so haugh sounds like the perfect replacement for tbdiddler...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:47 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:
I liked Mannelly. Seemed like a good guy.

he was the best co host the score has had in many years. maybe ever. he didnt get fired. he just didnt realize you have to get up and go to work FIVE TIMES every week. fuck that

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:00 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
The Gridiron Assassin wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:
Reared on the Score wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Another win for Team Bernstein.

I'll wait for the sure-to-come superfluous Beardown thread I guess, but Bernstein was over the moon with this hire. You can't teach smart, he said.

Yeah, hard to paint this as a victory for #TeamVERYSMARTRADIO...the way he gushed about Mannelly you would have though Bernstein hand picked him.

EXACTLY! #TeamSmartDukies got derailed. They're I the entertainment business folks. While I respected what Mannelly brought to the table in the firm of insight and connections to modern day Bears players - he was about to go off the rails during NHL, NBA, NCAA hoops and baseball season

Mannelly's failure makes Bernstein look foolish - as he was a HUGE proponent of it

I'm not sure if bernstein really liked Mannelly, but he could barely hide his glee that Mac was gone. If Mac returns it's a definite loss for Team bernstein.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
The Bernstein Tree took another hit on this one. You can't teach smart, and you can't teach interesting, either.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
Quote:
Patrick Mannelly @PatrickMannelly · 1 hour ago
Thanks for the Tweets. I'll talk Monday on the show why I'm stepping down. @Spiegs_Mannelly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
...because you're so worth 10 minutes of my saturday morning, CSFMB. (real madrid is playing >moyes you know)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:57 am 

WindyCityBreeze wrote:
Quote:
Patrick Mannelly @PatrickMannelly · 1 hour ago
Thanks for the Tweets. I'll talk Monday on the show why I'm stepping down. @Spiegs_Mannelly

He's going back to the Bears.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next