It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Godfella wrote:
Snapper: "Football is my passion..."

He admitted the other sports aren't as enjoyable for him to cover. (I'm paraphrasing)

We all knew this about Patrick. It was obvious. Apparently Mitch didnt know it. Another bad move by the PD.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Like him or not, you gotta give him credit for being a stand up guy and admitting it publicly.

Gives someone else with the fire in the belly to step in and get an opportunity.

Glad to hear Snapper will be a Score stringer for future Bears pre & post stuff.

Snapper - You're a good guy. Good luck.

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
This is exactly the type of shit that elucidates why i find Beardown and other conspiracy theorists fucking annoying. Always gotta be the center of attention on conjecture... and make it about Bernstein.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
28 guests in this thread :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
spmack wrote:

Most of them are 670 employees!

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:24 am 

Scorehead wrote:
spmack wrote:

Most of them are 670 employees!

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Godfella wrote:
Like him or not, you gotta give him credit for being a stand up guy and admitting it publicly.

Gives someone else with the fire in the belly to step in and get an opportunity.

Glad to hear Snapper will be a Score stringer for future Bears pre & post stuff.

It's an indictment on management though. How does this hire happen where you can't see that he wasn't going to care about non-football topics? I guess it technically works out fine since it's not like they have to pay him his full contract, but given how long the search was to even settle for Mannelly, then the tepid response to the pairing with Spiegel, now a lame-duck two weeks while another 'search' happens?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:26 am 

Apologist wrote:
This is exactly the type of shit that elucidates why i find Beardown and other conspiracy theorists fucking annoying. Always gotta be the center of attention on conjecture... and make it about Bernstein.

Darn it... Now, I'm gonna have to rewrite the lyrics to my Snapper song in the Mannelly CSFMB thread. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: John's Pizza
Since when has knowledge of the full pallet all professional sports been a prerequisite for a Score host?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Apologist wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: caseys pizza
Where are all u "dan berstein got him fired" dopes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:29 am 

Reared on the Score wrote:
Godfella wrote:

It's an indictment on management though. How does this hire happen where you can't see that he wasn't going to care about non-football topics? I guess it technically works out fine since it's not like they have to pay him his full contract, but given how long the search was to even settle for Mannelly, then the tepid response to the pairing with Spiegel, now a lame-duck two weeks while another 'search' happens?

Reared, I will be the first to admit that I remember a lot of posts about "What happens with Mannelly after football season?" Many were skeptical but I was holding out hope that he would succeed. Now we know.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
fauxJimTomsula wrote:

There was one, and he's busy with his girl chained to the furnace.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: John's Pizza
Godfella wrote:

The hired happened because he was a great name to have with football season starting, was willing to "try" the other sports, and who else were you gonna get to sit next to Fat Speigel?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:34 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
fauxJimTomsula wrote:

There was one, and he's busy with his girl chained to the furnace.

All she had to do was just put the lotion on her skin... but no, she had to mess with Precious.

Last edited by Godfella on Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Spiegel thinking he gets to pick his next co-host.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:36 am 

Godfella wrote:
Godfella wrote:

Reared, I will be the first to admit that I remember a lot of posts about "What happens with Mannelly after football season?" Many were skeptical but I was holding out hope that he would succeed. Now we know.

Oh yeah, I know there was skepticism (and optimism) here, I mean more when it comes to Score management knowing for sure before making the hire. Or maybe they didn't see this as a bad worst-case scenario: ride that Bears wave with a cheap hire and figure it out later.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:37 am 

Hussra wrote:
Spiegel thinking he gets to pick his next co-host.

Oh no, more 'radio partners are like girlfriends' talk, I imagine? Spiegel should realize nobody wants to be presented with the concept of him...being intimate...or even just being the whiny beyotch of a couple.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:39 am 

Godfella wrote:
Godfella wrote:

Oh yeah, I know there was skepticism (and optimism) here, I mean more when it comes to Score management knowing for sure before making the hire. Or maybe they didn't see this as a bad worst-case scenario: ride that Bears wave with a cheap hire and figure it out later.

For sure. Especially, since everybody (including me) thought the Bears had a legit chance to have a successful year. Instead, we got a train wreck with every dumpster on fire of a Bears 2014 season.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:43 am 

Godfella wrote:
Godfella wrote:

For sure. Especially, since everybody (including me) thought the Bears had a legit chance to have a successful year. Instead, we got a train wreck with every dumpster on fire of a Bears 2014 season.

And then when that dumpster fire led to an interesting week of talk (during 'black monday'), Mannelly was at Disney World :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:46 am 

Godfella wrote:
Snapper: "Football is my passion..."

He admitted the other sports aren't as enjoyable for him to cover. (I'm paraphrasing)

Mac wrote:
So?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I should add that while I don't think Dan got anyone fired, the "agree with me and you'll look smart" moment was probably a pivotal moment in Mannelly deciding that this shit is more trouble than it's worth.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:47 am 

Godfella wrote:
Godfella wrote:

And then when that dumpster fire led to an interesting week of talk (during 'black monday'), Mannelly was at Disney World :oops:

D'oh! Yeah, I remember that but Pat said that was planned way ahead of time and who knew the entire head of the "snake" would have been cut off?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:51 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
I should add that while I don't think Dan got anyone fired, the "agree with me and you'll look smart" moment was probably a pivotal moment in Mannelly deciding that this shit is more trouble than it's worth.

I agree with that. That was Snapper's "ah-ha" moment.

Snapper: I gotta hear this crap EVERYDAY before I go home?!? No, thank you. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
We'll whomever the new host is , I fully expect that when he gets hired Bernstein will wax poetic about what a pro Spiegel is and how hard it is do a show with a lame fuck partner, even one who went to Duke

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I'll bet Laurence is kicking himself for publicly saying he didn't want that job anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:14 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Curious Hair wrote:

I can actually imagine Mannelly's wife listening to the station and saying, "Honey, I really prefer you not be associated with this stuff."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I can actually imagine Mannelly's wife listening to the station and saying, "Honey, I really prefer you not be associated with this stuff."

Having a thought or speculation and presenting it in this manner is normal, perfectly acceptable... coming up with some dumb trope about personal agendas and beating us over the head with it in multiple self-started topics is GAY AS FUCK.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

So Spiegel went out of his way to declare there are no conspiracy theories and that nobody got anybody fired?

You know what that means? Bernstein absolutely got Mannelly fired and Spiegel is next!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
badrogue17 wrote:
We'll whomever the new host is , I fully expect that when he gets hired Bernstein will wax poetic about what a pro Spiegel is and how hard it is do a show with a lame fuck partner, even one who went to Duke

:shock:

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next