It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
... and 13th Warrior was a terrible movie.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Terry's Peeps wrote:
That's actually Braveheart.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
oh darn...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

1. I think Krazy Ivan got the talks with Goff right.

2. I think him reporting it on CSFMB caused a stir at WSCR. I'll bet Mac and Spiegel didn't know about it.

3. There had to be more info that Ivan got in recent months. I think Goff told him to keep it quiet.

4. Krazy Ivan might have very well changed the future of the Score by breaking this story. For whatever reasons, things might have changed, and it might not be what it would have been had nobody at the Score known of those "Serious Goff talks".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
so what the hell happened or is the end result of this? Another year of Meat half assing the schedule by taking 200 days off?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

For example, Mac learns of it and gets offended that they were trying to back door Goff in without consulting him. He's angry, they like Mac, so to make-good they let him keep Spiegel. Something like that. That's how things might have been changed by Ivan.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:31 pm 

Beardown wrote:
For example, Mac learns of it and gets offended that they were trying to back door Goff in without consulting him. He's angry, they like Mac, so to make-good they let him keep Spiegel. Something like that. That's how things might have been changed by Ivan.

If this is true then will someone please start a rumor that Mac loves Meat and refuses to work without him by his side.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac, just to show people that he's not a hard-hearted man, allowed B&B to keep Goff.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:58 pm 

Krazy's report is probably the only thing that could have kept this Score lineup together. Too many egos involved for this to go down so suddenly once it got leaked and became a puclic negotiation.

Its gonna be an ongoing thing in the future...

Its just begun...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
Krazy's report is probably the only thing that could have kept this Score lineup together. Too many egos involved for this to go down so suddenly once it got leaked and became a public negotiation.

Its gonna be an ongoing thing in the future...

Its just begun...

Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

Goff has to, figuratively, feel like Stacks from "Goodfellas".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Its a shame that Mitch & Zim don't have the balls to shake things up & give the young guys a chance. Many businesses get stale because management doesn't have the balls to take risks, & the Score certainly has become a conservative play-it-safe organization. The CBS influence has not been good for WSCR.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:03 am 

Scorehead wrote:
Its a shame that Mitch & Zim don't have the balls to shake things up & give the young guys a chance. Many businesses get stale because management doesn't have the balls to take risks, & the Score certainly has become a conservative play-it-safe organization. The CBS influence has not been good for WSCR.

If they chose to go with meat for another year then good luck to them. I sure as shit am not listening and they are not listening to the voices of their audience.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:14 am 

Keeping meat around is like the astro's keeping carlos lee around because they are beating the pirates in the left field slot.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:23 am 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

If they chose to go with meat for another year then good luck to them. I sure as shit am not listening and they are not listening to the voices of their audience.

No one tunes into the Score to listen to Matt Spiegel. No one. I believe that more people tune out because of him than tune in.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:42 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Scorehead wrote:

No one tunes into the Score to listen to Matt Spiegel. No one. I believe that more people tune out because of him than tune in.

I do. In some areas, he's very good.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:45 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Northside_Dan wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

I agree with parts of both posts. Meat is good on baseball and that is about it. When Mac is not in unless Jason is filling in I do not listen. I need to listen to hit and Run and see if I like it , I am guessing I might.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Fuck, have they ever?

They don't give a shit. They just don't.

Keep in mind that this is the same SCORE management team that basically shoved Laurence Holmes down Chicago radio's throat middays when Mike North left and "Mully & Hanley" took over morning drive a few years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't know why you guys are bitching if you like Goff. He's the 3rd man on the B&B show. So you do hear him plenty. He should be pissed cuz he does it at the 30k producer's salary, but none of you should care. I would say Goff talks as much as Boers. Maybe more on a given show.

If Mitch and Zim really were gonna make him a part of the Danny Mac show, why not just officially give him the 3rd man title with B&B? The answer is obvious. Why pay for it if he's giving it to you for free. That and Boers and Bernstein would be none to happy that a 3rd person would be taking some of their money. Even if they only gave Goff 50k to do it, that's still 25k a year that Boers and Bernstein don't get. Trust me, Bernstein, especially, would be none to pleased about that. They might have even asked Bernstein about a Goff edition and he probably quickly said "no". Like I've said before, I think future plans have been discused that would have Bernstein going solo in afternoons. They'll eventually give to Bernstein what they foolishly gave to North.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:22 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Beardown wrote:

2. I think him reporting it on CSFMB caused a stir at WSCR. I'll bet Mac and Spiegel didn't know about it.

3. There had to be more info that Ivan got in recent months. I think Goff told him to keep it quiet.

4. Krazy Ivan might have very well changed the future of the Score by breaking this story. For whatever reasons, things might have changed, and it might not be what it would have been had nobody at the Score known of those "Serious Goff talks".

:lol:

Take it easy Beardown. "Krazy Ivan" from the "CSFMB" with less than 100 active members, did not rattle the foundation of CBS and the Score.

:lol:

Post of the Year :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
Beardown wrote:

Just another log on the self-important fire.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

Has nothing to do with how many people are here. Has to do with Score people finding out about it. I thougth I made that clear.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:21 pm 

Northside_Dan wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Like Peoria?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:40 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Hiyoooooooooooo.......

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:13 am 

Lineup change coming....soon.

Now ready?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:33 am 

lineup change must have whiskey dick

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I will say this could still happen, Mac's going on a 2 week vacation soon, and maybe when he comes back that it will be the new show.

I have always felt, that sports radio stations, would like to have their shows set by football season.

Just something for Monday's show, I know Mac doesn't like it when people give up on baseball season, but after a 2-4 weekend by both teams, I think in a normal season, most people would be onto Bears season tommorow.

The Cubs talking about trading off players and with the Tigers leading the division, you have to wonder if that division is over.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:16 pm 

Also seems somewhat odd that there was no 2 yr anniversary party or anything...

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
RFDC wrote:
Also seems somewhat odd that there was no 2 yr anniversary party or anything...

I was just reading on Facebook and somebody asked Mac about that and he put No.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I was listening to Ben Finfer early today. At some point it occurred to me that he is a better version of Mac than Mac is. Like Mac, he knows almost nothing about sports, but he seems to occupy the 21st century rather than the 1970s and has a slightly more complex sense of humor than the useless frat boy hillbilly from Indiana.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next