It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
redskingreg wrote:
You should sell raincoats, Hawg.
The Executive

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:00 am 

pizza_Place: Gourmet Pizza by Carlo
So I was boring even myself with weekly updates, so I'm only going to post updates once every two months. As of today, I'm down 40.6 lbs (320.9 from 361.5). Still have a long way to go, but I feel really good about the start so far.

Workouts have been going well, too - bench is back up to 320 and seated military press 225. I started squatting and deadlifting for the first time this year, so while those numbers are still pretty pathetic (225,250), they're a lot better than they were two months ago, and by the end of the year they should respectable.

This post ventured into brag about something no one cares about territory, but I'm just pretty excited by my results so far.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:09 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Damn Sneakers! Congrats on the progress.

That some impressive weight your pushing around. Good to hear your dedicating some time to back/legs.

January was a lost month for myself. February has been much better. Been visiting the gym regularly and watching my eating. March will be a huge month to see if gains stick.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:59 am 

March is quietly one of those months it is difficult to take off weight. Beer and other alcohol along with heavily salted, fatty meats

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Because you don't eat meat or drink beer the other 11 months out of the year?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:00 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Sneakers O'Toole wrote:
So I was boring even myself with weekly updates, so I'm only going to post updates once every two months. As of today, I'm down 40.6 lbs (320.9 from 361.5). Still have a long way to go, but I feel really good about the start so far.

Workouts have been going well, too - bench is back up to 320 and seated military press 225. I started squatting and deadlifting for the first time this year, so while those numbers are still pretty pathetic (225,250), they're a lot better than they were two months ago, and by the end of the year they should respectable.

This post ventured into brag about something no one cares about territory, but I'm just pretty excited by my results so far.

What's your 40 time and do you think the Bears will still have a shot at you in the 4th?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:47 pm 

The last couple months for me have been horrible. The snow days off of school really do me in, it feels like all I ever want to do is eat.

Gotta get back in the groove

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:49 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
RFDC wrote:
The snow days off of school really do me in, it feels like all I ever want to do is eat.

Just drink instead.

It satisfies the empty stomach and, by the time you end up eating everything in the house because you're drunk and hungry, you don't even care anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:35 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Sneakers O'Toole wrote:

What's your 40 time and do you think the Bears will still have a shot at you in the 4th?

Not sure on my 40 time as I'm not a distance runner. I'm around a second or so in the 5 yd dash.

I'll give the Bears my scouting report, and they can decide -

Strengths - Stout versus the run. Plays with leverage. Good initial pop. Decent bull rush. Fast compared to non-athletic fatties.

Weaknesses - Weak base. Short arms. No counter moves off the bull rush. Doesn't use hands well to keep lineman off the body. Slow compared to athletic fatties. Playing 100 or so pounds above ideal weight. Will be 39 in April.

Feels like a fifth round grade to me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
yesterday ran for the first time this year. four miles about 40 minutes. today drank a bottle of sherry.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Hatchetman wrote:
yesterday ran for the first time this year. four miles about 40 minutes. today drank a bottle of sherry.

4 miles in 40 minutes? Were you being chased???

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
donspiracy wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

4 miles in 40 minutes? Were you being chased???

He is "HATCHET MAN' he does the chasing!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:03 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Sherry?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I've been running hard this winter, but will be glad when the weather starts to warm up at the end of the week. at first i started running to just try to get in shape, but i had no idea how addicted to it i would become. i really enjoy running and racing and am proud to say i never missed one run due to weather this winter, all outdoors with no treadmill. i am looking forward to getting into some warmer spring temps though. i ran a couple winter races including a 4-miler a month ago where i ran in 31:49, 4 minutes faster than the previous year and my first race under 8 minutes per mile, so that was a real breakthrough. I'm taking part in the illinois marathon as part of a 4-man relay team in April. i will probably run up to half marathon race this year, I'm thinking I'm not pushing running a full marathon any time soon. i like 10k, thats a fun race distance.

i never would have seen myself as a runner 2 years ago, but now i can't imagine NOT running. anyone on the fence about trying it, give it a shot, you will see amazing results and it won't take long, and you will feel like a new person. i do need to start doing some other exercising though, running feels great but your back and shoulders start to feel it on the long runs.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:55 pm 

-4.6 in Lent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:46 pm 

but I am gouting pretty hard this week so it is most likely a couple more than that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Minooka Meatball wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:
In.
Ballooned to 239. :?

Goal is 220 by the first day of spring.

228 yesterday :thumleft:

Started doing the Weider Ruthless DVDs (T-25 knockoff for about $100 less) about 2 weeks ago, and along with Kirkwood have been logging at myfitnesspal.com . Picked up a blowout Jawbone Up for $29 - not that it really gives me any real substantial data, as much as it is a physical tracking reminder of why I got it in the first place. With the minimal investment, I am already way ahead on reaching my initial goal, and from there I would really love to drop another 15 before the summer is out.

Understand what denis said about not having to be so precise with following MFP as long as you mind what you are eating and drinking, but not only does it make you accountable in "print", but as you log stuff in, you can adjust what you eat on the fly to achieve that day's goals, and see what you can and can't really afford to have the rest of the day. I have been eating a much higher percentage of fruits and vegetable, less carbs and red meat, yet I feel full more often than not (and I am shooting for 1800 net calories per day). Plus, I have found it addictive as hell.

220 about 10 days ago; 217 as of yesterday. Shooting for 210 by mid-April.

No deviation from the plan, except that now the weather has broken, I've been able to get the bike out yesterday and today.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:32 am 

desperately trying not to get lapped by Minooka

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:11 am 

Hit 50 lbs today, which puts me at 311 and on pace on one of my short term goals to get under 300 by my birthday (4/18).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:06 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
242 this weekend. Been sick the last week so not sure if that has helped. My cough is keeping me off the treadmill but eating a lot better.
Haven't seen 230s in a long time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:00 am 

very confident I will drop my customary 10 in Lent as the scale was already showing that amount but I stepped on a couple of times and took the highest reading.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:36 am 

I hit my goal and without any real increase in exercise. I would now like to start getting out there running again. If I kept the same diet, I could see another easy 10 in six weeks. The most likely scenario is a bad diet with a little bit of a give back on weight. Still, this is good.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:53 am 

Nice work there dolphin.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:26 am 

nobody notices the first ten and I'm not sure I have a second ten in me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
man of few opinions wrote:
I've been running hard this winter, but will be glad when the weather starts to warm up at the end of the week. at first i started running to just try to get in shape, but i had no idea how addicted to it i would become. i really enjoy running and racing and am proud to say i never missed one run due to weather this winter, all outdoors with no treadmill. i am looking forward to getting into some warmer spring temps though. i ran a couple winter races including a 4-miler a month ago where i ran in 31:49, 4 minutes faster than the previous year and my first race under 8 minutes per mile, so that was a real breakthrough. I'm taking part in the illinois marathon as part of a 4-man relay team in April. i will probably run up to half marathon race this year, I'm thinking I'm not pushing running a full marathon any time soon. i like 10k, thats a fun race distance.

i never would have seen myself as a runner 2 years ago, but now i can't imagine NOT running. anyone on the fence about trying it, give it a shot, you will see amazing results and it won't take long, and you will feel like a new person. i do need to start doing some other exercising though, running feels great but your back and shoulders start to feel it on the long runs.

Not sure if you know about the sites I'm going to link but after doing the Arbor Day 10K at Morton Arboretum and Race to Wrigley 10K I am just going to run till doing the Ragnar Relay which is a 12 person relay race from Madison to Chicago in the middle of June. Last year a group of us did the half marathon in Madison (This year August 22nd) but this year we're doing the Race to the Base which is a 10 nautical mile run from Fort Sheridan to Great Lakes (August 23rd I believe). Good luck to all those racing...

http://www.runningintheusa.com/Race/List.aspx?State=IL

http://www.runningintheusa.com/Race/List.aspx?State=WI

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:21 pm 

Lost 76 pounds since August 1st of last year. Still at 239, need to lose 39 more I think. Lots and lots of stairs at Swallow Cliff, cut out all the junk food, working out 6 days a week. Almost up to running a 5k non stop, when I can, I will be out racing ( well, running anyway) all summer with my son before he goes away to college. I wish I had the balls to do this 10 years ago, I wasted so much time being miserable.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
mike the tuba player wrote:
Lost 76 pounds since August 1st of last year. Still at 239, need to lose 39 more I think. Lots and lots of stairs at Swallow Cliff, cut out all the junk food, working out 6 days a week. Almost up to running a 5k non stop, when I can, I will be out racing ( well, running anyway) all summer with my son before he goes away to college. I wish I had the balls to do this 10 years ago, I wasted so much time being miserable.

That's great work, Tuba. The last 1/4 of your goals are usually the hardest to accomplish but you have the mindset and the plan to make it happen.

As for the 10 years gone by, don't sweat it, the past is in the review mirror. The next 39 lbs is for the next 20 years.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:47 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:

That's great work, Tuba. The last 1/4 of your goals are usually the hardest to accomplish but you have the mindset and the plan to make it happen.

As for the 10 years gone by, don't sweat it, the past is in the review mirror. The next 39 lbs is for the next 20 years.

Agreed, nice work. Keep it up.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:09 pm 

That's pretty damned impressive.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:25 pm 

as I observed, nobody notices the first 10

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next