It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Really aewsome get. Appointment radio for me going foward.

With the ratings bump this will give the noon hour, more listeners will stay on and listen to B&B

Bernstein wins again

Am I doing that right?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:50 pm 

The Score will fuck this up and Maddon will stop doing it

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
T-Bone wrote:
That is a pretty good get for this show. I haven't heard Maddon interviewed before but if they can get him for 15 minutes each week during the
season that is a big win. Say what you will about Spiegel but he knows his baseball. It's too bad he doesn't do the weekend show any longer.

He was on with waddle and zilch within the past few weeks on a Wednesday or Thursday. He was very good and I'm not a huge baseball fan. I have no confidence that spiegel and goof will have good interviews with him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Spaulding wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
That is a pretty good get for this show. I haven't heard Maddon interviewed before but if they can get him for 15 minutes each week during the
season that is a big win. Say what you will about Spiegel but he knows his baseball. It's too bad he doesn't do the weekend show any longer.

He was on with waddle and zilch within the past few weeks on a Wednesday or Thursday. He was very good and I'm not a huge baseball fan. I have no confidence that spiegel and goof will have good interviews with him.

It is impossible to have a bad interview with Joe Maddon.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Scorehead on Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Northside_Dan wrote:

With the ratings bump this will give the noon hour, more listeners will stay on and listen to B&B

Bernstein wins again

Am I doing that right?

Really Dan? Do you think that Maddon is going to say anything different than any other manager or coach they've ever had on ? It'll be softball questions and lots of giggling and fawning of what an iconoclast that wacky Joe Maddon is .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
rogers park bryan wrote:

Nah. Not anything Spiegel and Goff related. I could see Bernstein doing something to piss off the Cubs and as a result, Maddon is off. Unless that is what you meant.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Maddon will do the show and will continue to do the show, because as a few people have pointed out, the Cubs will soon be moving from WBBM to the Score. This is connected to CBS Sportsradio! getting the Cubs.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:59 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:

Bernstein wins again

Am I doing that right?

Really Dan? Do you think that Maddon is going to say anything different than any other manager or coach they've ever had on ? It'll be softball questions and lots of giggling and fawning of what an iconoclast that wacky Joe Maddon is .

I don't think so, because Spiegel doesn't bullshit when it comes to baseball. I don't see him asking Maddon if "he works out".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:59 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
Maddon will do the show and will continue to do the show, because as a few people have pointed out, the Cubs will soon be moving from WBBM to the Score. This is connected to CBS Sportsradio! getting the Cubs.

Exactly.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:00 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:

Bernstein wins again

Am I doing that right?

not likely. I watched a lot of Rays baseball including the pre-game and Joe always answered any question, softball or not. S&G will have to work very hard to mess this up.

spmack wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Nah. Not anything Spiegel and Goff related. I could see Bernstein doing something to piss off the Cubs and as a result, Maddon is off. Unless that is what you meant.

Correct, that is why I said The Score instead of naming Grimace or King Selfie.

1000 CLUB

spmack wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

No. B&B love Maddon. They won't rip him. Plus Maddon is the type that could take criticism anyway.

Now, if B&B start discussing Cub players banging other players wives, then yeah, Maddon won't do Spiegel and Goff because of B&B.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
badrogue17 wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:

Bernstein wins again

Am I doing that right?

Why are you so mad?

I'd pick Spiegel over anyone at the Score to talk in depth baseball. This will likely be quite good.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:04 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
spmack wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Correct, that is why I said The Score instead of naming Grimace or King Selfie.

Cubs games will be on 670 next year. Berns is in full Cubs lickage mode & so will everyone else at 670. I dint think anyone at The Score is dumb enough to screw up the CBS - Cubs cross platform corporate partnership.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:05 pm 

Northside_Dan wrote:
This will likely be quite good.

No it won't.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:07 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:
This will likely be quite good.

No it won't.

all-righty then.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Northside_Dan wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:

Bernstein wins again

Am I doing that right?

Why are you so mad?

I'd pick Spiegel over anyone at the Score to talk in depth baseball. This will likely be quite good.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:09 pm 

Weekly shows with sports personalities are almost always horrible.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Northside_Dan wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:

Bernstein wins again

Am I doing that right?

Why are you so mad?

I think its going to be Martellus Bennet all over again.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:11 pm 

I share DB and Rick's skepticism but I will allow for the possibility that Maddon is the exception to the rule. He seems like an interesting guy.

But on the other hand, Maddon was dealing with Tampa Media before. He might not be so happy with Chicago.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:12 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:

Disagree. That was terrible radio because Bennett sucks. He would say the dumbest shit and they would try to keep the peace by agreeing or laughing.

Maddon has thoughts almost all of time. And if he doesn't necessarily have baseball thoughts, I'm sure that Purps and King can ask him some entertaining or pop culture stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Should be good, my only concern is Spiegal may try too hard to prove his baseball chops to Maddon and make some interviews too obtuse.

Last edited by KDdidit on Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:17 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
I share DB and Rick's skepticism but I will allow for the possibility that Maddon is the exception to the rule. He seems like an interesting guy.
The problem is that any current player or manager can't ever be honest. They can be honest about the positive things but never about the negative stuff. Maddon can't give his true opinions on Baez or the potential issues of Castro's future without it being a big deal.

My guess is that IMU could give an equally informative interview about the team.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't think Bernstein would report a sex scandal with the Cubs like he did the Blackhawks, though. Because he wouldn't want to disappoint Theo. Where as he doesn't care what Rocky and/or John McDonaough think of him.

Bernstein very much wants Theo's approval.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:02 pm 

spmack wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Disagree. That was terrible radio because Bennett sucks. He would say the dumbest shit and they would try to keep the peace by agreeing or laughing.

Maddon has thoughts almost all of time. And if he doesn't necessarily have baseball thoughts, I'm sure that Purps and King can ask him some entertaining or pop culture stuff.

that is spot on. Bennett tried to put on an act for each show. It gradually got worse and more strained.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
City of Fools wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:

Bernstein wins again

Am I doing that right?

not likely. I watched a lot of Rays baseball including the pre-game and Joe always answered any question, softball or not. S&G will have to work very hard to mess this up.

we'll see if Maddon takes a pause after hearing Goff's sure-to-come 'big boy pants' question.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Best show was probably those early Ditka shows on the Score. While the worst had to be the David Wells show, though he did make himself look like an ass for challenging Thomas' injury. At least that was interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:17 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
Best show was probably those early Ditka shows on the Score. While the worst had to be the David Wells show, though he did make himself look like an ass for challenging Thomas' injury. At least that was interesting.

Who was the Bears DC during the Jauron days? His show was good too on MJH.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Greg something.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:22 pm 

Reared on the Score wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:

Bernstein wins again

Am I doing that right?

we'll see if Maddon takes a pause after hearing Goff's sure-to-come 'big boy pants' question.

that's more of a Bernsie phrase...