It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Make sure you leave a little for Bernstein, Goff

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
One game in a series does not make a difference unless Lebron plays well.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
NBA EXPERT JASON GOFF wrote:
I told you fools he was good at basketball! I told you, you didn't want to hear it, you said "Nah Goff, this guy ain't that great!" Well, it looks like all you guys were wrong! LeBrawn James is good at basketball! I told you!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:22 am 

pittmike wrote:
One game in a series does not make a difference unless Lebron plays well.

Yeah but this is different because the real wang whipping no one can stop this big black stud when he doesn't want to be stopped grown ass man showed up so all hope is lost

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:19 am 

I think that he shot 13 for 29 from the field and that was with him doing a lot of attacking of the rim. I'm sure Goff probably won't mention that fact. The Bulls offense stunk. They only scored 83 points. That had more to do with the loss in my opinion. Goff will fail to mention that. It will be the usual team wins as Lebron goes stuff.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:23 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
long time guy wrote:
I think that he shot 13 for 29 from the field and that was with him doing a lot of attacking of the rim.

Really? That's bad... just bad. Atrocious. Hard to watch. Maybe he belongs in college will all the other horrible shooters.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:26 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
I think that he shot 13 for 29 from the field and that was with him doing a lot of attacking of the rim.

Really? That's bad... just bad. Atrocious. Hard to watch. Maybe he belongs in college will all the other horrible shooters.

Its not bad but its not great either. Don't overreact dude and par usual you're missing the point. He didn't have that great of a game but it will presented as if he set the world on fire. That's the point.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:26 am 

long time guy wrote:
I think that he shot 13 for 29 from the field and that was with him doing a lot of attacking of the rim. I'm sure Goff probably won't mention that fact. The Bulls offense stunk. They only scored 83 points. That had more to do with the loss in my opinion. Goff will fail to mention that. It will be the usual team wins as Lebron goes stuff.

The Irving 21 to 0 Rose free throw attempts is also interesting.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:29 am 

conns7901 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

The Irving 21 to 0 Rose free throw attempts is also interesting.

Irving is definitely outplaying Rose after two games.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:30 am 

long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Its not bad but its not great either. Don't overreact dude and par usual you're missing the point. He didn't have that great of a game but it will presented as if he set the world on fire. That's the point.

Its definitely being presented as that

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:31 am 
Site Admin

long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You're missing my point. If the narrative is that poor shooting = bad basketball, it can't suddenly be good basketball when LeBron James shoots poorly.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:37 am 

The problem with the Lebron love is that Goff and Bernstein always acts as though he has no help. Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love were all stars without Lebron James. Not much team success but both were highly regarded in their own right. Lack of team success had much to do with their respective supporting casts. Lebron's success had a lot to do with his supporting cast also. Yes he's the best player but the other guys were all stars and particularly in Wade's case a top five guy.

Bernstein has already began the narrative that the Cavs are not really good minus Lebron and their coach stinks. He is already setting the stage and I'm sure that Goff will be in agreement on this one.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:40 am 
Site Admin

long time guy wrote:
The problem with the Lebron love is that Goff and Bernstein always acts as though he has no help. Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love were all stars without Lebron James. Not much team success but both were highly regarded in their own right. Lack of team success had much to do with their respective supporting casts. Lebron's success had a lot to do with his supporting cast also. Yes he's the best player but the other guys were all stars and particularly in Wade's case a top five guy.

That's a common pro-Jordan argument as well. If you dare compare any player to "the best that has ever been, the best that ever will be", you'll often be told that he did it alone. In the next argument the same damn guy will be telling you that Pippen and Rodman are among the 50 best to ever play.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:45 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

That's a common pro-Jordan argument as well. If you dare compare any player to "the best that has ever been, the best that ever will be", you'll often be told that he did it alone. In the next argument the same damn guy will be telling you that Pippen and Rodman are among the 50 best to ever play.

I also caught them minimizing the accomplishments of Isaiah Thomas. Goff Bernstein and Boers didn't really think Isaiah was that great of a player. I called up about that one and each thought that he was not the best player on those Pistons teams.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:46 am 

long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I also caught them minimizing the accomplishments of Isaiah Thomas. Goff Bernstein and Boers didn't really think Isaiah was that great of a player. I called up about that one and each thought that he was not the best player on those Pistons teams.

:lol: :lol: Who was then? Dumars? Vinnie?

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:04 am 

It started when they stated that Iverson was the best small guard ever. I called up to say that Isaiah was better and they said no he wasn't. They proceeded to say that Isaiah wasn't really the best player on that Pistons team and on it went. All three chimed in on that one. I figured that Boers would know better because he was there from the start of Thomas's career but he agreed with Bernstein, as he typically does.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:08 am 
Site Admin

long time guy wrote:
It started when they stated that Iverson was the best small guard ever. I called up to say that Isaiah was better and they said no he wasn't. They proceeded to say that Isaiah wasn't really the best player on that Pistons team and on it went. All three chimed in on that one. I figured that Boers would know better because he was there from the start of Thomas's career but he agreed with Bernstein, as he typically does.

I wouldn't really compare Isiah to Iverson. Iverson was a special guy, an oddity. He's one of one. But I don't know how you could say he was better than Isiah. And I'm really curious who they thought was the best player on those Pistons teams if not Isiah.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:17 am 

A grown ass man running real ass stuff.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:25 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I wouldn't really compare Isiah to Iverson. Iverson was a special guy, an oddity. He's one of one. But I don't know how you could say he was better than Isiah. And I'm really curious who they thought was the best player on those Pistons teams if not Isiah.

They made the argument that guys like Dumars had more impact.
The only reason that I compared the two was because of the size. They were talking about the best guards 6'0 ever. They stated that it was Iverson.