It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brent "Ya Know" Sopel
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
Just heard him sharing his game 1 thoughts. I'll cut athletes that are still playing some slack for the way they conduct interviews. Their main job is the sport they play. Fine. But once you retire from said sport and choose a career in broadcasting, one should lose the verbal tics and work on your communication skills.

Sopel had to have set a record for most "ya knows" during his segment today. He was HORRIBLE. Send him down to Saskatoon. We deserve better in the 3rd biggest market.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
Just heard him sharing his game 1 thoughts. I'll cut athletes that are still playing some slack for the way they conduct interviews. Their main job is the sport they play. Fine. But once you retire from said sport and choose a career in broadcasting, one should lose the verbal tics and work on your communication skills.

Sopel had to have set a record for most "ya knows" during his segment today. He was HORRIBLE. Send him down to Saskatoon. We deserve better in the 3rd biggest market.

well that explains how he got on TV for channel 5.... adamle must have reocmmended him

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
He is Learys "friend"....

couple years ago, Spiegs and Leary doing a show....Spiegs asks if he knows any NHL players? Leary says yes, he is friends with one....Spiegs says who? Leary says Brent Sopel.

Spiegs laughs...."how about someone who you havent worked with and thus you just know them"

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 3:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm more concerned wih his appearance! What's with that facial hair? And his hair looks like a plate of buttered noodles.

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Dallas Winston wrote:
I'm more concerned wih his appearance! What's with that facial hair? And his hair looks like a plate of buttered noodles.

"Buttered noodles" :lol:

That is a terrible look. He looks like a sex offender.