It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Laurence Show
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
I don't disagree that Lawrence sucks. I'm saying that I don't think he gets out of his Uber car in front of the building 3 minutes before his show starts. I bet he has a sheet of paper with a plan of how he wants his show to go.

Poor guy tries.

I will agree he wants to be good and he makes an effort. One of the things that make people good at anything is realizing when they are doing something wrong and fix it, he hasnt ever had that realization. I cant say this about many, but he even makes a really bad geek and/or nerd.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: None at all
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
I don't disagree that Lawrence sucks. I'm saying that I don't think he gets out of his Uber car in front of the building 3 minutes before his show starts. I bet he has a sheet of paper with a plan of how he wants his show to go.

Poor guy tries.

His show has grown on me a lot in the last six months or so. I don't care for comic books or movies, but I can listen to him talk about it and find it entertaining. He doesn't treat callers like garbage and acts like he actually enjoys his job. Then again this could be an indictment of just how bad the rest of the option on this station are.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
lifesucks wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

Poor guy tries.

His show has grown on me a lot in the last six months or so. I don't care for comic books or movies, but I can listen to him talk about it and find it entertaining. He doesn't treat callers like garbage and acts like he actually enjoys his job. Then again this could be an indictment of just how bad the rest of the option on this station are.

...at best....Leary is an average evening show host in a smaller market.

I think we have seen the true staying power of his talent in many other formats....he stays at the SCORE for other reasons, that have little to do with him being someone you want to listen to. he is there, because he saves them money and Mitch is a loyal guy.

As I dont remember his whole BS session....it's "he passed on other jobs because he didnt want to leave Herbie"? Well, now whats the excuse?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
bigfan wrote:
lifesucks wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

Poor guy tries.

...at best....Leary is an average evening show host in a smaller market.

I think we have seen the true staying power of his talent in many other formats....he stays at the SCORE for other reasons, that have little to do with him being someone you want to listen to. he is there, because he saves them money and Mitch is a loyal guy.

As I dont remember his whole BS session....it's "he passed on other jobs because he didnt want to leave Herbie"? Well, now whats the excuse?

He gave a tidbit last week I had not know before. His wife does/has worked for the score. Maybe not leaving her had input to him not taking other gigs?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I didn't even know Larry was married .

I could see his old lady saying ....

Mrs. Larry : I'm Gona run the tub n take a nice bath .

Larry : great , I'm off to work , enjoy your bath .

92 minutes later .... Mrs. Larry sees Larry walking in the door , and says " I thought you had to work"

Larry : yes ! I just home , traffic was veery veery bad.