It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: 2015 Concerts thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Sitting in a patio restaurant and listing to the outlaws play a concert in the plaza to a happy crowd. Haven't heard these guys since 87? Sound good for old men and they still can southern rock play the hell out of the guitar.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
I'm not going to Riot Fest this year, but may be up for The Damned, Swervedriver & Speedy Ortiz, or Rancid on Sunday. That Damned show at double door won't be crazy-packed I would imagine.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Telegram Sam wrote:
I'm not going to Riot Fest this year, but may be up for The Damned, Swervedriver & Speedy Ortiz, or Rancid on Sunday. That Damned show at double door won't be crazy-packed I would imagine.

i'm doing Drive Like Jehu on Friday and Dead Milkmen on Sunday

might do Babes in Toyland on Sat. but all 3 days seems like too much

i'd be down for Swervedriver but i already saw them a few months ago, and i've seen Speedy Ortiz like 800 times

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Bagels wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:

i'm doing Drive Like Jehu on Friday and Dead Milkmen on Sunday

might do Babes in Toyland on Sat. but all 3 days seems like too much

i'd be down for Swervedriver but i already saw them a few months ago, and i've seen Speedy Ortiz like 800 times

Babes in Toyland was the other one I was looking at. I kind of like the idea of these 10:00 Sunday shows, though. probably more intimate, less people going just to go out or stay out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
shirtless driver wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
I want to go see Bob Mould in Oct at Chicago Winery but you have to buy a table of 4 and none of my friends but me like him lol

"none of my friends but like me him".
:? :? :?
That being said, I've seen Mould twice (Workbook & Black Sheets Of Rain), and Sugar once. I was too young when Husker Du broke up..........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va2TPejDvpA

I saw Husker Du once in Campaign
Sugar once and Bob two times solo once acoustic. I was last row at Metro with my back against the wall and I have never left a concert in my life feeling so electrified in my life.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:49 pm 

CHVRCHES @Metro 10/24

Looking forward to this one, but might have to monitor the aftermarket prices. Might get crazy. Everyone can be bought.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
wdelaney72 wrote:
I saw Bob Mould do a 1 person acoustic show at Illinois Wesleyan in 1994. I don't care for acoustic shows....yet one person acoustic shows and he was absolutely amazing.

Underrated.

Bob Mould is a pop icon. Husker Du and Sugar were in my regular rotation BITD.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:01 pm 

Pop?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:51 am 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
Just got home from FAILURE @ Metro...............long story short, the band was awesome, and Metro sucks fucking balls now. Hadn't been to a show there since 2008.......no hurry to return anytime soon.............I miss the 90's.................

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:26 am 

shirtless driver wrote:
Just got home from FAILURE @ Metro...............long story short, the band was awesome, and Metro sucks fucking balls now. Hadn't been to a show there since 2008.......no hurry to return anytime soon.............I miss the 90's.................

How is it different?

I don't think much has changed in the 15+ years that I've gone to shows there. Sounds like you just got old.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
i think blackalicious is playing schuba's on sept 3rd.... if you havent heard blackalicious b4 well they did the alphabet song that daniel radcliffe rapped on jimmy fallon and gift of gab is a no-doubt top-5/ish all-time MC cuz the guy is just fucking awesome. i love this one called "touch the stars" off of the old 3-2-1 records "connected" comp that i had to put on youtube myself.

nia is a fucking phenominal LP, blazing arrow is really good, and their last one the craft is ages ago. actually shit i think they have a new LP that just came out that i need to get right now (cuz unless dude str8up fell off i'll have it on wax so mp3s are temporary) so brb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:38 am 

also damn babes in toyland is still around?

TRIVIA TIME! babes in toyland was a really young sini's first show circa age 14 in something like august 95 or october 94 @ the metro in chicago. awww yeah who can forget the days of toting bikini kill CDs around for the cred? I WANNA GO TO THE CARNIVAL BUT IT COSTS 16 DOLLARS YEAH!!!!!!!

and rancid.... man i'll never forget selling my copy of let's go to tom swift when i was a junior/senior in highschool (i was discovering the joy of MP3s/CDRs and needed extra weed $$$ so tom swift spent like $30-40 on a bunch of my CDs... i actually kept the down in it maxi-single cuz it had all the good songs off of pretty hate machine except sin on it). back to rancid, i love their bassist and that song salvation off of let's go.... but of course within a year or two it was all THE BOY'S A TIME BOMB!!!!!! and acting like you could sing along word for word with the first few lines of roots radical, but as long as you hit the bus the punk rockers and the moon stompers you were ok.

but of course by the time you were a junior in HS if you didnt say you liked them way better as op ivy then you werent trying, you know what im saying? you HAD to refer to tim armstrong as lint too. c'est la vie.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
Douchebag wrote:
shirtless driver wrote:

How is it different?

I don't think much has changed in the 15+ years that I've gone to shows there. Sounds like you just got old.

Well, that's definitely true, but I hadn't been to Metro since 2008, and with all the Etix bullshit, and the fucking smug cock knocker that made me have my wife text him a pic of her DL (she used her card) to prove that the tix were legit before they'd even let me in, the show wasn't even sold out, it was just a huge fucking hassle. Compound that with all the bruhs in Wrigleyville after the Cubs win, it was basically a nightmare. P.S. - after all the bullshit with the door guy, I forgot that even though I am 41 years old, you still need a wristband to buy beer, so I had to settle for a $3 bottle of water. I just didn't wanna stand in line for a wristband, or give them anymore of my money. My ears are still ringing, and now I get to go all the way out to buttfuck Round Lake for my nephew's birthday party............BAH HUMBUG!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:31 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
chaspoppcap wrote:
I want to go see Bob Mould in Oct at Chicago Winery but you have to buy a table of 4 and none of my friends but me like him lol

All your friends hate the daily show? Man I would go. Last time I saw him was on the last dog and pony show tour

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:52 am 

Old 97s and Banditos last night at Thalia Hall.
Old 97s were as good as ever, but this was my first time seeing Banditos. They had some talent, I get the whole Janis Joplin type sound that the singer is going for (and she is a handsome woman), but they were a little too "southern fried" for my tastes.

Thalia Hall easily one of my favorite venues in the city now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
going to see lil debbie on saturday.

it will be interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:49 am 

Kendrick Lamar next thursday

Jay Rock opening

Giddy up

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
rogers park bryan wrote:

Jay Rock opening

Giddy up

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:20 am 

Bagels wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Jay Rock opening

Giddy up

I know

I cant even

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Maybe someone here has seen these guys. I think they are relatively well known in the Chicagoland area. Anyway my stepson is 12
and likes the Beatles so his mom and I bought three tickets to see American English ( Beatles tribute band ) at a local venue here
in Kenosha for the Saturday after Thanksgiving. 7th row center so we hope he really enjoys it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
rogers park bryan wrote:

Jay Rock opening

Giddy up

Saw some Facebook posts, how did this turn out for you RPB? All expectations met?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:01 am 

AWWWW SHIT GUYS IT'S GOING DOWN-- THE MAN WHO PUTS THE "YES" IN "TECHYES" (techNO causes too many problems in today's #RapeCulture so nowadays consent forms are signed and its called techYES to avoid triggering rape survivors/victims who encounter the word "NO" and are taken back to that horrible day/night/frat-party)

AHEM. the man who puts the YES in techYES, America's very own SKRILLEX
is going to be owning the Donald E Stephens convention center (not to be confused with Rosemont's historic Donald E Stephens childhood home and Donald E Stephens museum! Cheap blow and cheaper hookers for all!) On New Year's Eve (CH's girl Lauren "CHVRCHES" Mayberry is playing Dec 30 no doubt getting out of dodge to take part in a bigger/better show on NYE somewhere else =[

This blows cuz through a series of internet riddles and subliminable (</W>) tweets I KNOW that we're meant to be bogether like the mallot and the mole that we are in this absurd game of whackery we call life) --- ah well I guess Lauren's gonna have to "world's most qt3.14" it up elsewhere while we're stuck licking our raver wounds with THE GREATEST ACT GOING IN ELECTRONIC MUSIC TODAY, AMERICA'S VERY OWN GRAMMY-PERFORMING SKRILLEX

since I know no less than 5-10 of you are down like spmack beholding a picture of a 4+ on the internet, where do y'all wanna do our first CSFMB skrillex meetup?

Holla if you like pretty things and scary sprites and/or the greatest electronic music on earth! This is NOT a drill guts, skrillex is coming to town! It's on like tron! HARDCORE DUBSTEP MASSIVE REPRESENT CUZ THE GOAT IS COMING FOR NYE!!!! FUCKING YES!!!!!!!

SINCERELY,

A RECOVERING APHEX "OVERRATED" TWIN JUNKIE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7