It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:31 am 
1000 CLUB

He was speaking to the board though he didn't say it.

He said something like "People are annoyed with my laugh, but ya know what, I don't give a damn!!!"

That's pretty much the attitude and response you would expect from the Goffer.

But Goff has it wrong. It's not so much his actual laugh that is horrible, though some people might find it annoying. It's the fact that he's laughing all the time and things that just aren't funny.

Anyway, at least we finally know he's aware of it. He shouldn't take the attitude of "I don't care". He should realize it's bad and look to improve on it. But he's to proud to admit it's an issue.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:56 am 

Nobody cares buttdown

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
"Joe Maddon. What's good, man?"

"The hell's goin' on with you and the Cardinals this weekend?"

People may rag on W&S, but my god, their interviews are light years ahead of Spiegs & Goff.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Did he mention the excessive clapping and slapping the console?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

Godfella wrote:
Did he mention the excessive clapping and slapping the console?

No.

That's the problem with the Score guys. They can't handle constructive criticism. Sensitive little bitches. The criticism is valid. Yet Goff's response is basically "FUCK YOU".

I know Mitch and Zim won't say anything to him. But I would imagine every other boss at every other radio station in this country would tell him to tone down the laughing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
the problem with these guys is that they aren't all that inneresting.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:04 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
the problem with these guys is that they aren't inneresting.

fixed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Beardown wrote:

He said something like "People are annoyed with my laugh, but ya know what, I don't give a damn!!!"

But Goff has it wrong. It's not so much his actual laugh that is horrible, though some people might find it annoying. It's the fact that he's laughing all the time and things that just aren't funny.

Anyway, at least we finally know he's aware of it. He shouldn't take the attitude of "I don't care". He should realize it's bad and look to improve on it. But he's to proud to admit it's an issue.

IkeSouth wrote:
Nobody cares buttdown

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Only 2 out of the 5 in that gif are dead ... not bad these days!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:40 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Only 2 out of the 5 in that gif are dead ... not bad these days!

Odds would have had to have been Flair checking out first, right?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
The Wrasslin deaths have always stunned me but Miss Elizabeth going was really tragic.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:45 pm 

Even Arn gave up on Ole' Naitch in that gif.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
WCW before the NWO was exceedingly weird. I mean, it was weird during and after, too, for sure, but it was strange in the way that a TV show that hadn't "found itself" yet was strange.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:07 pm 

Beardown wrote:

If they put today's tranny up on the podcast, I'll have something special coming up.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
WCW before the NWO was exceedingly weird. I mean, it was weird during and after, too, for sure, but it was strange in the way that a TV show that hadn't "found itself" yet was strange.

Kind of like Islam?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:25 pm 

Kevin Sullivan is worse than Islam

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:26 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

Occasionally Ill fall down a wrestling wikipedia black hole and find myself reading about some of the WCW stuff I missed (Pretty much a wwe guy outside of nwo time) and its hilarious

The Kevin Nash stuff alone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:28 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:29 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Occasionally Ill fall down a wrestling wikipedia black hole and find myself reading about some of the WCW stuff I missed (Pretty much a wwe guy outside of nwo time) and its hilarious

You haven't watched wrestling until you've seen Cactus Jack wandering the streets of Cleveland with amnesia.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:30 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:31 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

You haven't watched wrestling until you've seen Cactus Jack wandering the streets of Cleveland with amnesia.

Glorious.

Didn't that get dropped after like 5 weeks of vignettes? No resolution or story end.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:33 pm 

I think the best case of pre-NWO weirdness is the Dungeon of Doom. See, I picked up well into the NWO days (October '96?), so the Dungeon of Doom was still around as a bunch of vaguely weird guys -- Sullivan, Meng, Barbarian, Hugh Morrus -- who were I guess bad guys because Jimmy Hart was there but not so bad as to take over WCW. It wasn't until later that I discovered they originated as sort of a cartoon-character proto-NWO that was trying to destroy Hulk Hogan, even picking up Lex Luger along the way because Lex Luger is, of course, one of wrestling's greatest passengers. They also had a leprechaun, a yeti, the Giant, and John Tenta as SHARK! And of course, THIS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx8Xb5VJulQ

IT'S NOT HOT!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:41 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Didn't that get dropped after like 5 weeks of vignettes? No resolution or story end.

This was a lot of WCW stuff. One that I've read about but sadly missed was when they considered packaging Alex Wright and three other guys (I wanted to say Marcus Bagwell was in there, another great passenger of WCW, but I guess not) as a stable of Hot Young Men, but never followed through with it other than this promo video that was one picked nose away from being THE SINGLE GAYEST THING WRESTLING EVER DID.

Like, just imagine this not only running on an episode of Nitro, but running without comment, and then never being spoken of or developed upon again. What the fuck?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:49 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Glorious.

I'm still waiting to find out who DDP's mysterious benefactor was.

And who can forget Cheatum, The White Castle of Fear and Sid in the Flip-Flops of Doom!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:57 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

This was a lot of WCW stuff. One that I've read about but sadly missed was when they considered packaging Alex Wright and three other guys (I wanted to say Marcus Bagwell was in there, another great passenger of WCW, but I guess not) as a stable of Hot Young Men, but never followed through with it other than this promo video that was one picked nose away from being THE SINGLE GAYEST THING WRESTLING EVER DID.

Like, just imagine this not only running on an episode of Nitro, but running without comment, and then never being spoken of or developed upon again. What the fuck?

Sing along with us...

American Males
American Males
American Males
American Males
American Males
American Males
AMERICAN MALES...

When ya see them comin
Better run for cover
Girls you dont need a weekend lover... UNNNN
American Males

If they want to talk
ya better not listen
you might wind up in critical condintion... HAHA
American Males

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:02 pm 

Wouldn't failing to listen when they want to talk to you be more likely to result in assault? Did anyone think this through?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:05 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Wouldn't failing to listen when they want to talk to you be more likely to result in assault? Did anyone think this through?

Written by Jimmy Hart.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Curious Hair wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

I don't think there has ever been a more appropriate time for Homer's "gay."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:29 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
wow CH liked/likes wrestling? who knew? i dont remember him ever hanging around the wrestling threads during the proper ReVolution days here so it must have been something he was into when he was a kid, like comic books or [whatever laurence is still into bigtime =]

that said, it's also fitting that a thread about goff-n-spiegel devolves into a WCW discussion that has generated more than twice as many posts than the original topic of goff kinda-recognizing us little guys out there. i love how he was being careful not to namedrop us cuz i think nowadays it's like a $250 donation perk to his kickstarter or giving $20/month or higher to his patreon to have him plug your website/project/etc. it's a business nowadays and i know he put in years of work (predating hottlanta) building his twitter ALS, so now that he's kind of really a pretty fucking big deal he's not going to give us a free plug like that.... you gotta earn those plugs! no checks plz!