It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
spanky wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
W_Z wrote:
all of social media is about attention. twitter is just a condensed version of facebook. it's publicizing your text messaging abilities essentially. ever since its inception i've hoped for some kind of implosion so it'll go away, because it's done nothing but devolve human beings for the past half decade.

Yup.

Isn't this message board a form of social media? :scratch:

Yes.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I guarantee she threatened herself to draw attention. It's a classic 3rd wave feminist SJW play. It's what Anita Sarkeesian did during GameGate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:27 am 

spanky wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
W_Z wrote:
all of social media is about attention. twitter is just a condensed version of facebook. it's publicizing your text messaging abilities essentially. ever since its inception i've hoped for some kind of implosion so it'll go away, because it's done nothing but devolve human beings for the past half decade.

Yup.

it's not anywhere close to twitter, or facebook. all information is 100% unreliable. but unlike twitter, no journos are coming here to mine for stories and breaking news. you can also hide behind an alias on a message board. this isn't a media source, except for boilermaker rick's march madness.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:30 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
W_Z wrote:
spanky wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Yup.

it's not anywhere close to twitter, or facebook. all information is 100% unreliable. but unlike twitter, no journos are coming here to mine for stories and breaking news. you can also hide behind an alias on a message board. this isn't a media source, except for boilermaker rick's march madness.

I believe it has been a media source on occasion. And I would say that the regulars who post on this particular message board are far less anonymous for the most part than many who use Twitter, at least for anyone who really wanted to pay attention.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:33 am 

but it's not by design. it's just because that's the development and expansion of the online world. if you think message boards are designed as social media outlets, i can't help you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:36 am 
Site Admin

W_Z wrote:
but it's not by design. it's just because that's the development and expansion of the online world. if you think message boards are designed as social media outlets, i can't help you.

What do you think a message board is designed for? It's certainly a social media platform. Although right now you seem to be less than sociable.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:42 am 

i'm speaking in terms of the relativity between places like this, or operation clambake, or other niche message boards, and something as ubiquitous as twitter and facebook. they're not even in the same league. because of the online universe being used by people who 10 years ago would scoff at anybody using a computer, "social media" can mean anything. i just don't consider this place or any other anonymously set up message board as something like twitter or facebook. not even close. like if you're coming here for news stories, there are...outlets...that cover that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:48 am 
Site Admin

W_Z wrote:
i'm speaking in terms of the relativity between places like this, or operation clambake, or other niche message boards, and something as ubiquitous as twitter and facebook. they're not even in the same league. because of the online universe being used by people who 10 years ago would scoff at anybody using a computer, "social media" can mean anything. i just don't consider this place or any other anonymously set up message board as something like twitter or facebook. not even close. like if you're coming here for news stories, there are...outlets...that cover that.

Sure. Facebook is like Christianity. Twitter is like Islam. We're the Branch Davidians.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:51 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Sure. Facebook is like Christianity. Twitter is like Islam. We're the Branch Davidians.

I'm afraid to ask, but who's our David Koresh?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:52 am 

oh great, tell me when the siege is coming!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:52 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
W_Z wrote:

beardown.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:54 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Kill us.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:15 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
W_Z wrote:

I'll take the job, but all females will be of legal age and not held against their will, the basis of the religion will be for the purpose of retaining a legal not for profit status and the compound will have ATV courses, shooting ranges, a pool,sports bar, driving range and indoor all sports dome. Someone else can name it.

ATF agents will be welcome to come in and hang out.

ATF AGENT "yeah, boss I am going to 'investigate' that cult thing going on....."
ATF DIRECTOR 'You have been there 6 times this month"
ATF AGENT "Yeah, I think I am about to discover something, gonna need to go and recon the place a little more"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Reared on the Score wrote:
she even addresses how most people mute/block/report and that's a good response. But she's not doing it, heh.

see...this is a dude Julie should just ignore, not engage.

https://twitter.com/MikeFultons/status/ ... 2135706624

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
she even addresses how most people mute/block/report and that's a good response. But she's not doing it, heh.

Is it #rapeculture women hating to assume Lil Danny receives just as much vitriol yet just goes about his day and doesnt draw attention to it / ignores it and doesn't miss work because of it?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:09 am 
Site Admin

But he wasn't rude. Her Social Justice Army (probably made up of Betas who are hoping she might fuck them) attacked him with nastiness for no reason. He was the one being bullied in this instance, not Julie DiCaro. And there is a kernel of truth to his argument. Women love masculinity in the bedroom but they hate it on Twitter.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:11 am 

I'd love to see you engage her SJW army on Twitter.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
The people defending her are just as anonymous as the ones attacking her. "John K." with the handle @Qstache and an avatar of that angry baby?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:13 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

But he wasn't rude. Her Social Justice Army (probably made up of Betas who are hoping she might fuck them) attacked him with nastiness for no reason. He was the one being bullied in this instance, not Julie DiCaro. And there is a kernel of truth to his argument. Women love masculinity in the bedroom but they hate it on Twitter.

:puker: :pukel: :shaking:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:13 am 
Site Admin

badrogue17 wrote:
I'd love to see you engage her SJW army on Twitter.

:lol: I'm sure I'd end up like shakes. These people are unreasonable.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:21 am 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
The people defending her are just as anonymous as the ones attacking her. "John K." with the handle @Qstache and an avatar of that angry baby?

The only person in that whole thread who isn't being rude and acting like an irrational crazy is Mike Fulton. Julie DiCaro doesn't give a shit about people being bullied on Twitter as long as it's the right people.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:22 am 
Site Admin

badrogue17 wrote:

Is it #rapeculture women hating to assume Lil Danny receives just as much vitriol yet just goes about his day and doesnt draw attention to it / ignores it and doesn't miss work because of it?

He gets just as much vitriol from Remo Williams alone. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:26 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

The only person in that whole thread who isn't being rude and acting like an irrational crazy is Mike Fulton. Julie DiCaro doesn't give a shit about people being bullied on Twitter as long as it's the right people

Boom.Roasted. Unapologetically stealing it too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:32 am 

That's always been the issue with internet SJWs. They're perfectly rude, hateful, abusive, and threatening when it's for the cause. Shitlord!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:36 am 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
That's always been the issue with internet SJWs. They're perfectly rude, hateful, abusive, and threatening when it's for the cause. Shitlord!

Right. Declaring someone a Shitlord makes them deserving of any abuse. But isn't that an argument in favor of shakes? He simply was the one declaring Graham a Shitlord. So of course Graham deserved it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:38 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I can't believe that stuff is still showing up in my timeline this morning.

I mean I feel bad that she felt threatened by some weirdos but I didn't think it was news that the internet has a bunch of weirdos on it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:38 am 

STOP TONE-POLICING, SHITLORD. I HAVE THE RIGHT TO MY VOICE AND THE PHONE NUMBER OF YOUR OFFICE.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
god i remember when the term tone policing showed up on 8chan. some lady who looked at video games for a christian magazine/website had showed up to "talk with gamergate" or something and i quipped that i get stoned and play video games with jesus just about every afternoon so ask away with any and all questions.

suffice to say i got "tone policed" en masse by ~5-10ppl in under 5-10mins who told me to GTFO with all of that shit because this is important and this is a chance to talk to people on the level and WE DONT NEED SHITPOSTERS AND TROLLS LIKE YOU DISCREDITING OUR MOVEMENT WITH STUFF THAT BELONGS ON /B/..... and thats when i realized just how doomed they were cuz my theory of them becoming another flavor/brand of SJW/ish groupthink was being proven right b4 my eyes. who needs free speech when you can convince somebody prim and proper and bonafide that you're good people just like those SJWs?

much like i watched "cuck" show up on 4chan's /tv/ board and get forced all over the place until it became a phenomenon and ultimately a way of life, i saw the same thing with tone policing because once that term shows up at all you know there's SJWs in the midst.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
She/they need to stop talking about women. They do not speak for them. Waddle and Silvy have done a great job of handling this story. B&B, Julie and others at the score look like out and out lunatics to me. I don't know who or how Speigel was talked out of saying whatever he wanted to say but it's a shame.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Possibly NSFW

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next