It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is Jason stoned at work?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:34 pm 

The clapping, the table slapping, the raising of his voice, the talking over people, the turning a simple question into the overly complex, the inability to recall specific events but still talking of them as being unbelievable. But mostly the goofy laughing that appars to be a result of too much caffeine and one too many one-hits down on the lower garage level.

So I ask, is he stoned?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't think you can rule it out. Something ain't right with him. I'd like the answer that "He's stoned". Then I would get it. I don't get it if he's not under the influence. Then something is really wrong.

He just doesn't behave like a normal human. He was stupid on B&B, but not with this weirdness.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:05 pm 

hes not stoned hes black, hes a crackhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

No Clever Moniker wrote:
The clapping, the table slapping, the raising of his voice, the talking over people, the turning a simple question into the overly complex, the inability to recall specific events but still talking of them as being unbelievable. But mostly the goofy laughing that appars to be a result of too much caffeine and one too many one-hits down on the lower garage level.

So I ask, is he stoned?

Generally speaking, when you're talking over somebody, you're not really listening to what they are saying and/or are overly anxious to state your point.

I have only heard him interview an occasional guest, but from what I have heard, he tends to make long, windy statements and then follow-up with a question.

The rest of this is probably him to trying to be fun and entertaining. Sounds like it's playing well :-)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Stellar point, BD.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

He is a son of a bitch in not listening and making sure his point is heard. That could just be Goff and his nature. He's just a rude.

Still, the constant fucking laughing needs to be explained.

It's this board's mission. We won't rest until we have an answer.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:03 pm 

he was raised homeless on the south side and he finally has a steady paycheck large enough to rent an efficiency apartment. it would be like you or me pulling a $250k/yr salary. i wouldnt stop laughing either

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

IkeSouth wrote:
he was raised homeless on the south side and he finally has a steady paycheck large enough to rent an efficiency apartment. it would be like you or me pulling a $250k/yr salary. i wouldnt stop laughing either

Oh fuck, he was raised in middleclass area of Evanston with a 2 parent family.
He's a pussy trying to sound like he's a tough ghetto guy. PHONY pos AND
TALENTLESS TOO :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Despite the numerous other media jobs offered to him, this is the one he has and it is the one he is feeling the pressure at now.

I know it is only an hour his show, but I would guess Kap has more of a name and following than Jason will ever have, thus it is going to take away from the Cub share.

dont think really think he knows what it is like to go get that media job when you have been used up on different shows and you are no longer a fresh voice, as Jason seems to think getting another gig is no problem

Is he stoned? I dont think so....is he lazy and letting his ego get in the way of creating a good show...Hell yes.

8 years of producing a show and you are going to sit back and hope they give you something good to say or do now that you have the seat of the guy you despised.

"Talent" is such a meaningless word in that business, "personality" is much better.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
He is a shell of what he used to be. He and drinky, a long time ago were fine. They were the poor version of Carmen and Silvy, which was was still okay. Goff and drinky caught bernsteinitis and now they are what they are. They suck. Silvy is awesome. He's a fan, he's responsible, and carries shows. Carmen needs to be less relaxed or something.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:26 pm 

Silvy doesnt try to be something he isnt...I am not saying the Silvy and Waddle show is perfect and they can use some more good entertainment, at least its not just lies and "look at how stupid that guy is" on a constant basis.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:37 pm 

I think Silvy is awesome. Professional, but a fan. Good interviewer, discusses stuff, is gracious in a way. He loves his job and isn't a dick. He's relaxed quite a bit.

i need a little more from Waddle. There are times when Jurko or Giangreco or the quirky basketball guy from a couple months ago or even Bill Romanowski this week bring out something in Waddle. I love that. But I don't think he's as bad as everybody says he is.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:06 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Beardown wrote:
I don't think you can rule it out.

You can if you're not a fucking idiot.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:01 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
BD wrote:
I have only heard him interview an occasional guest, but from what I have heard, he tends to make long, windy statements and then follow-up with a question.

That's the patented WSCR style, instituted by Mike North, perfected by Mully. You see, when you work for the Score, you're so goddamn smart you already know the answer to the question you're asking, so you basically give said answer to the interviewee and all he need do is concur.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
BD wrote:

That's the patented WSCR style, instituted by Mike North, perfected by Mully. You see, when you work for the Score, you're so goddamn smart you already know the answer to the question you're asking, so you basically give said answer to the interviewee and all he need do is concur.

I think he tried that one too many times with Maddon. Didn't work out well for the Goffer...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:30 am 

You know it is bad when I hear Goff and wish for Lawrence. :shock:

I can't take the constant laughing and muttering. I don't think this show will last another year if this continues. It is just BAD and not in a cool way.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:08 am 

The worst part of all this for Goff at this point is that he is forcing himself to talk more, as a solution to getting better ratings and he is just producing a higher quantity of crap, instead of sitting back and just thinking about somethings that could make a better show.

I never understand why these guys try and make this shit so complicated.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Spaulding wrote:
I think Silvy is awesome. Professional, but a fan. Good interviewer, discusses stuff, is gracious in a way. He loves his job and isn't a dick. He's relaxed quite a bit.

i need a little more from Waddle. There are times when Jurko or Giangreco or the quirky basketball guy from a couple months ago or even Bill Romanowski this week bring out something in Waddle. I love that. But I don't think he's as bad as everybody says he is.

I'll second that.

I think Silvy is the best sports radio host in the city.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
BD wrote:

It is one of the worst things about the station across the board. I do literally turn to a different station sometimes if they are doing an interview. I'll at least wait until it's over.

It's just amazing that a professional sports station, and probably the most well-known sports station in a huge market like Chicago, can have so many God-awful interviewers. Mully and Hanley both talk so long at times that one could easily forget there is even an interviewee on the line. Don Cooper is a dope, but I did find it comical when Mully would get done rambling, and Cooper would ask if there was a question in there. Goff is just as bad as both, but he's also hyperventilating while asking the question. He's a douche, but Bernstein is the only one on the station during weekdays that can just ask a basic interview question and then shut the fuck up. How do they not get feedback on this shit?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
bigfan wrote:
I know it is only an hour his show, but I would guess Kap has more of a name and following than Jason will ever have, thus it is going to take away from the Cub share.

Since Kap & Haugh on 87.7FM was essentially a non-factor versus Spiegel’s show, I’m not sure what if any impact Kap & Company is going to have on the station’s ratings (though Kap’s show will presumably generate higher ratings on ESPN1000 than it did on 87.7FM.) Also, in my opinion, Kap’s show would be better with a regular co-host than the continuous series of guest co-hosts some of whom have not been very interesting to listen to thus far.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

WindyCityBreeze wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Since Kap & Haugh on 87.7FM was essentially a non-factor versus Spiegel’s show, I’m not sure what if any impact Kap & Company is going to have on the station’s ratings (though Kap’s show will presumably generate higher ratings on ESPN1000 than it did on 87.7FM.) Also, in my opinion, Kap’s show would be better with a regular co-host than the continuous series of guest co-hosts some of whom have not been very interesting to listen to thus far.

Well, 87.7 was a start up. Some radios didn't even get the station and it didn't have much of a signal. I mean I don't like Kap, but he does have followers. So we'll see how he does on an established station.

But Goff and Spiegel only compete with him from the 12-1 hour.

I still wish somebody would post the numbers to see how they do vs. Carm and Jurko.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:20 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Beardown wrote:
I don't think you can rule it out.

You can if you're not a fucking idiot.

Don Tiny, you often act is if everyone else is an idiot and you are pretty good at the pile on...which isnt really an admirable trait.

...and while Beardown can come off with some really crazy theories, do you think its crazy, or makes someone an idiot, for a thinking a WSCR personality might check into the WSCR Suite at the local rehab center? Maybe you have noticed, they have had a few people there in the recent past?

Beardown posts a thought and your response is "IF YOU ARE NOT A FUCKING IDIOT"....maybe you can reconsider your responses in the future?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Don is an angry guy, he lost his butt buddy douchbag n he hasn't seen his dick in 2 decades.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Beardown wrote:
Well, 87.7 was a start up. Some radios didn't even get the station and it didn't have much of a signal.

The signal has had strong ratings before and after The Game. DON'T. BLAME. THE SIGNAL.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:24 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

I'll second that.

Yep. I'm on board with this as well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:38 pm 

spanky wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

I'll second that.

There's room for all Brother.

Best thing that ever happened to Silvy was getting away from Carmen.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:41 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
spanky wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

I'll second that.

There's room for all Brother.

Best thing that ever happened to Silvy was getting away from Carmen.

Agree. He has mellowed a little as well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:44 pm 

The Mariotti experience probably helped as well. I'm sure he picked up on what not to do.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Matches Malone wrote:
The Mariotti experience probably helped as well. I'm sure he picked up on what not to do.

Like hitting women.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:18 pm 

I liked Carmen and Silvy. I don't know if it was the show or the nice memories doing yard work listening save the music saturdays. It was a happy time. Silvy got bad with Marriotti but it's understandable. Marriotti sucks.