It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 10/15: Radio Wasteland
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Tune in at 9:30 to hear Big Purple and Giggles McGee being condescending to a caller. About the only time Goff's tone of voice isn't in Hypergiggle mode is when he slows down to be condescending to someone:

Goff: If that's your point...
Caller: That's not my point.
Goff: Yes, it is.
Caller: No, it's not.

Turn to AM1000 to hear Jurko trying to be funny by being intentionally obtuse and dragging it out way too long.

I can't believe this is all we can get in the second largest market in the country. Do I have unrealistic expectations? Am I too hard to please?

Last edited by Tad Queasy on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Tad Queasy wrote:
Tune in at 9:30 to hear Big Purple and Giggles McGee being condescending to a caller:

Goff: If that's your point...
Caller: That's not my point.
Goff: Yes it is.
Caller: No, it's not.

Turn to AM1000 to hear Jurko trying to be funny by being intentionally obtuse and dragging it out way too long.

I can't believe this is all we can get in the second largest market in the country. Do I have unrealistic expectations? Am I too hard to please?

I just heard that and it sounds like G & S are morphing into B & B more and more every day.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Cemeno's
Long time lurker, first time poster....Julie just did an update saying that if you don't think the WNBA is cool think again because the Lynx won last night and proceeded to go back to Prince's house for a private party. Goff jokes if you go back to Prince's house you gotta know there is gonna be a performance and you'll probably be a part of it. Everyone laughs including Julie and then they joke about whether or not Julie wants to think about what would happen back at Prince's. Seems like an interesting take considering how loudly they vilified anyone who even suggested Kane's accuser knew what she was getting into going back to Kane's how for an after party, especially from DiCaro.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
PhatJoeSki wrote:
Long time lurker, first time poster....Julie just did an update saying that if you don't think the WNBA is cool think again because the Lynx won last night and proceeded to go back to Prince's house for a private party. Goff jokes if you go back to Prince's house you gotta know there is gonna be a performance and you'll probably be a part of it. Everyone laughs including Julie and then they joke about whether or not Julie wants to think about what would happen back at Prince's. Seems like an interesting take considering how loudly they vilified anyone who even suggested Kane's accuser knew what she was getting into going back to Kane's how for an after party, especially from DiCaro.

Totally different!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:54 am 

There is some daily tension building up in that studio,

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
To say nothing of the obvious, what kind of dopey-ass editorializing is "if you don't think the WNBA is cool, think again"? Can you imagine a scoreboard update antagonizing people who don't care about the NBA?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:58 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
To say nothing of the obvious, what kind of dopey-ass editorializing is "if you don't think the WNBA is cool, think again"? Can you imagine a scoreboard update antagonizing people who don't care about the NBA?

To be clear, Julie is just adding to the tension there.

Hey, Mitch tried it. It didnt work. Time to do something else.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
There is some daily tension building up in that studio,

Between Goff and Spiegel? How so?

I mean I do hear Spiegel take some subtle shots at Goff in tranny for taking conversations in weird directions and always talking about himself. Goff gets quite sensitive to this.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Cemeno's
I would have thought that Julie would have jumped on Jason and called him part of the "Rape Culture" but I guess its just mouth-breathing Hawk fans that support rape. I texted the show and asked why it was ok for Jason to assume women know what they're in for at Prince's house and got no answer, but Julie hasn't mentioned that WNBA nugget again since.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Brothers don't contribute to rape culture. Not enough power + privilege.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:13 pm 

PhatJoeSki wrote:
I would have thought that Julie would have jumped on Jason and called him part of the "Rape Culture"

No chance. She knows that Bernstein likes Goff way more than her. Bernstein is only being nice to her because of #BoobGate. Bernstein wins again.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

PhatJoeSki wrote:
I would have thought that Julie would have jumped on Jason and called him part of the "Rape Culture" but I guess its just mouth-breathing Hawk fans that support rape. I texted the show and asked why it was ok for Jason to assume women know what they're in for at Prince's house and got no answer, but Julie hasn't mentioned that WNBA nugget again since.

It's SCORE culture. They don't break bad on each other. It's cool, in Julie's mind, for Goff to joke about rape. Not cool for the "Twitter people" to even suggest that Kane is innocent and it was a set up by the mom and daughter. Than you're "pro rape" and an evil part of the "Rape culture".

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

By the way, is Julie aware that Bernstein doesn't think the WNBA is cool? Is she aware that he and Terry make fun of the looks of the players and mock the fact that the games are pretty much about missed shots?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Their chemistry is weak. The show is off the rails more times than not in a bad way. I am wondering if sports talk radio is about dead to me because I find myself hating most of the shows. I still listen to M&H and Kap has grown on me. All else is just weak background noise.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Great American
PhatJoeSki wrote:
I would have thought that Julie would have jumped on Jason .

Geez, I know people don't like him but do you want Goff to die?

Mac FM wrote:
Did somebody say grass?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:25 pm 

Beardown wrote:
By the way, is Julie aware that Bernstein doesn't think the WNBA is cool? Is she aware that he and Terry make fun of the looks of the players and mock the fact that the games are pretty much about missed shots?

Seconds after she read that WNBA story she probably got the following text...

"WNBA. DOES. NOT. MATTER."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Beardown wrote:

This was my question as well. How does she feel about Dan referring to WNBA players as wildebeests? Or his proposal to use Brittney Griner as a broodmare?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Dave In Champaign wrote:
Or his proposal to use Brittney Griner as a broodmare?

Simply an extension of his 'Monetize Everything' mantra.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:47 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:

This is sooooo true. I like Jurko, seems like a good dude, but he needs guidance. Carm is a flake and can't steer Jurko.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:42 am 

Kane and Prince are equally physically intimidating. It would be the WNBA players pegging Prince, not the other way around.